Author

Topic: [2021-06-30] Electric car Daymak Spiritus mining live. (Read 105 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
You could do the same with anything that consumes electricity.  "Hey, my toaster mines crypto.  Looks how innovative I am". 

Damn this brings back memories..

The toaster, the lightbulb, how to burn through 100 million of investments and in the end come up with raspberry that cost $400, sell one hundred of those and end up in bankruptcy. Probably the same will happen with this thing also, over expensive trikes, no real advantage over other models, not even the price, so from here the need to try to latch on anything that is trendy right now, like this whole useless mining.

The last news for me about electric cars was one country had charging points for electric vehicles for returning unused battery charge to the power national grid for payment.

This vehicle to grid "innovation" has failed miserably in every test.
The whole idea of charging your car at night and then feed the grid at peak hours is simply ridiculous, why not use house batteries in the first place, and more importantly why not simple and reliable pump storage facilities that can give you a far more stable and predictable picture on what's happening with the grid and what measures you need to take. 
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
It's got to be good news for technology and cryptocurrency to combine but we need more innovation.

Bit it needs to be the right kind of innovation.  There's a difference between creating something for a publicity stunt and creating something that has a real, practical purpose or function.  Maybe Daymak do have a legitimate desire to innovate, but (to me, at least) this feels more like a publicity stunt.  I don't see this catching on.

You could do the same with anything that consumes electricity.  "Hey, my toaster mines crypto.  Looks how innovative I am".  But it's not innovative at all, because you could just keep the two things separate and achieve a more cost-effective result.  If you have a choice between hardware that is optimised for a single purpose and something that performs multiple functions, chances are, the optimised hardware will perform more efficiently.
Activity: 714
Merit: 160
I'm a web developer. Hire me for your work.
The last news for me about electric cars was one country had charging points for electric vehicles for returning unused battery charge to the power national grid for payment. Daymak's innovating and it's had free publicity combining cryptocurrency and cars. It's got to be good news for technology and cryptocurrency to combine but we need more innovation.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
No matter what they use for mining, I highly doubt that there will be many who would actually care about the few $ they can get from this.
It's just a commercial gimmick so the bitcoiners will discuss about the car. Nothing else. And those coins will most probably sit in the wallet forever.
That's really just a gimmick. Since they know that there's a massive adoption that's happening with cryptocurrencies.

They're only trying to sell a car with just an added feature to 'mine' with a very small amount.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
Hmm..2 3080 are 183Mh/s at 460W, the single other things that come near would be 3 3060ti, but not enough hash rate.
The profit is also quite in range, no ower it would be at around 6.4 for a 3080.

Now the thing is, why would you want to pay an extra of at least 1400$ (advertised prices, not that you can get it anymore) on a thing that drains your battery, needs an internet connection at any time, and might turn unprofitable in a few months? On top of that, I wonder what happens if you get the black one and live it in the sun in a southern state during summer.
I would rather spend this money on buying a car, and the emphasis is on car, this is not a car, it's a tricke.

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
No matter what they use for mining, I highly doubt that there will be many who would actually care about the few $ they can get from this.
It's just a commercial gimmick so the bitcoiners will discuss about the car. Nothing else. And those coins will most probably sit in the wallet forever.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
and I'm curious to know, how on earth they're capable of mining BTCitcoin directly with that?

Because they mention multiple alts, I'd presume it's probably pointed at one of those pools where it automatically switches between coins based on whatever is most profitable to mine at the time.  I doubt it spends much, if any, time hashing for Bitcoin.  GPUs aren't cut out for that anymore.  A single modern ASIC can hit over 100 TH/s.  So 181 MH/s is basically nothing in comparison.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Daymak Spiritus has started test mining of bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies.
~Snipped~
Judging by the video, the hashrate of the electric car is over 181 MH/s. The power consumption is ~ 487 watts. The daily profit is about $11.65.
It would've been better if the left part of the video was pointing to the actual GPU setup [under the hood], as opposed to the side view of the prototype car in question and I'm curious to know, how on earth they're capable of mining BTCitcoin directly with that?
- In regards to the generated buzz surrounding its mining capabilities, I think it's nothing other than another way to market both their car and the nebula wallet!
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
 The Canadian automobile company Daymak has announced that the first prototype of its electric car Daymak Spiritus has started test mining of bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies. The process is broadcast on YouTube, Spiritus is equipped with a GPU that starts mining while charging or parking. The profit goes to the built-in Nebula Wallet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoFJE5rWp4 

Judging by the video, the hashrate of the electric car is over 181 MH/s. The power consumption is ~ 487 watts. The daily profit is about $11.65.
Jump to: