Author

Topic: [2021-08-24] MicroStrategy splashes $177M on Bitcoin, now holds almost 109,000 (Read 63 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1240
Yea saw that news on Twitter (strangely enough)

Its hard to know what to make of it, there isnt a chance they will be able to sell
it all quickly anyway, it would be counter intuitive, more a slow sell over a few months
in order to try not spook the markets, IDK.

Then I'm not sure they will be selling anytime in the near future I we go on what MS tweets
Many, Many times per day/hour.

We definitely cant doubt his belief in BTC though.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3368
Crypto Swap Exchange
MicroStrategy announced its first Bitcoin purchase back in August 2020 and has consistently added to its BTC position.
I have huge respect because of their consistency, but am I the only one that gets easily annoyed/irritated at Michael's Twitter activity?

I wonder when they will decide to stop buying BTC or when they plan to sell, what's their target if any.
The moment he stops tweeting anything about it for two straight days [a single day should already be a concern], should be an indication that they're about to sell [don't quote me on this one Cheesy].
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1420
@LeGaulois. They are not rich. Michael Saylor might be overleveraged because he might be have issued too much debt using Microstrategy as the collateral! Also, agreed! He has presently become the leading maximal of all bitcoin maximalists hehehe.
copper member
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4065
They are so rich.

Where the firm has been smart is in using a bit of DCA. It's an average of $27,000 per Bitcoin. There are plenty of people who dream about that.
With everything they've already invested in it, Bitcoin is a huge bet for them now

I wonder when they will decide to stop buying BTC or when they plan to sell, what's their target if any.
Hopefully they don't decide to 108 000BTC the same week Cheesy

Poor Michael Saylor. Now he has no choice to tweet daily about bitcoin
Activity: 1750
Merit: 870
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
MicroStrategy splashes $177M on Bitcoin, now holds almost 109,000 BTC

MicroStrategy has once again purchased more Bitcoin (BTC), with the company adding 3,907 BTC to its holdings.

According to a Form 8-K filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission published on Tuesday, the business intelligence upped its Bitcoin holdings by 3,907 BTC between July 1 and Monday, Aug. 23.

The SEC filing also revealed that MicroStrategy spent an average of $45,294 to acquire the additional Bitcoin.

With its latest purchase, Michael Saylor’s firm now holds 108,992 BTC, which cost the company about $2.918 billion to acquire at an average price of approximately $26,769 per “coin.”

With Bitcoin trading above $49,000, the company’s Bitcoin holdings are worth over $5.3 billion.

Wednesday's purchase announcement also serves as a fulfillment of earlier promises to continue adding to its Bitcoin position. As previously reported by Cointelegraph, the firm stated back in June that the paper losses suffered on its holdings during the crypto market decline in Q2 had done little to dampen BTC appetite.

Indeed, the over 50% crypto market decline did cause some impairment losses for U.S. firms with Bitcoin holdings. Tesla also reported a $23 million impairment loss on its Bitcoin holdings as part of its Q2 financials.

MicroStrategy announced its first Bitcoin purchase back in August 2020 and has consistently added to its BTC position. The firm's CEO, Michael Saylor, has also become a BTC proponent even encouraging other companies to consider adding Bitcoin to their balance sheets.
MicroStrategy's latest Bitcoin balance sheet expansion comes on the heels of the BTC price action moving above the $50,000 mark for the first time since May.

Read more https://cointelegraph.com/news/microstrategy-splashes-177m-on-bitcoin-now-holds-almost-109-000-btc
Jump to: