Author

Topic: [2021-09-25]Critical Threat Found in Google Chrome, Again! (Read 61 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Google Chrome is one of the browser which offers fast browsing experience but when it comes to privacy it actually scores zero even in your smartphones chrome collect all your data including voice and location by default and you have to turn it off under the settings to ensure a little privacy.
Even if you turn off those particular settings, you gave the Google Chrome application the right to do just that and much more when you agreed to their terms of use before installing it. If they have to and they were asked to collect info on you, they could surely do it independent of your settings changes.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
But isn't it a good news that they've found it before it can be exploited by malicious parties, plus I don't see any good alternative for Google especially I use some of their extensions that's exclusive to them.
Google Chrome is one of the browser which offers fast browsing experience but when it comes to privacy it actually scores zero even in your smartphones chrome collect all your data including voice and location by default and you have to turn it off under the settings to ensure a little privacy.

@OP, another shocking news and I just updated after seeing this hopefully no sensitive data is leaked.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
But isn't it a good news that they've found it before it can be exploited by malicious parties, plus I don't see any good alternative for Google especially I use some of their extensions that's exclusive to them.
There is Brave Browser and as well as Mozilla FireFox.

These two are quite good to me unlike Google Chrome whenever I use it and you're not updated with the latest version, there's a laggish browsing experience. You have to update it on your own and hover over the update section of the browser.
legendary
But isn't it a good news that they've found it before it can be exploited by malicious parties
The vulnerability has already been exploited, we just don't know to what extent and what those malicious parties managed get their hands on.

plus I don't see any good alternative for Google especially I use some of their extensions that's exclusive to them.
Mozilla Firefox is the best alternative. Actually, it shouldn't be called an alternative at all. Chrome should be an alternative to Firefox. If you prefer privacy, there is TOR. For mac OSs there is Safari. You should be careful with extensions. The reality is that many of them only make your life a bit easier, but they aren't indispensable in any way. In addition, they can present a huge security threat because they can be a way to gain access to your system.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
legendary
Google Chrome is the most privacy-invasive browser today. You shouldn't use it for various reasons, but if you still do, please continue reading.

A new zero-day vulnerability has been discovered by Google employees (CVE-2021-37973). It affects the following operating systems: Windows, Linux, and macOS. This is just one of many zero-day exploits that have been found this year. The flaw has already been exploited before Google was able to patch it, and its threat ranking was rated as High.

This particular exploit is a so-called "Use-After-Free" (UAF) vulnerability.
UAF vulnerabilities are memory exploits, when a program fails to clear the pointer to the memory after it is freed.
The company has not provided any details of what exactly can be found and retrieved from the memory. The bug is supposedly fixed with Google Chrome version 94.0.4606.61 and higher. If you still use Chrome, ensure that you have downloaded and installed the newest version.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2021/09/25/google-chrome-warning-zero-day-hack-new-attack-upgrade-chrome-now/
Jump to: