Author

Topic: [2021-09-28] BitPay and Verifone Partner ... (Read 50 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 28, 2021, 03:37:45 PM
BitPay and Verifone Partner to Exclusively Enable Cryptocurrency Acceptance
Source: https://bwnews.pr/3EZHOPD

Crypto payments to move mainstream as major retailers and SMBs alike can now accept crypto and get settlement in traditional currency

Imho this is big.

Merchants will be able to accept crypto payments directly from Verifone without the need for an account with BitPay. The consumer will be able to pay seamlessly using approved crypto wallets

I'm not surprised that the merchants will receive fiat.
And although I am not fond of BitPay, this is big.

Most businesses want / need fiat to run.
The owner of the local pizza place I spend too much money at might want some BTC / crypto but for the most part he needs to pay rent / utilities / suppliers / etc in fiat.
So you wind up in kind of a loop. We want people to use crypto and accept it. But until more places accept it, the businesses that do need fiat to pay the people that don't.

So unless they have enough cash flow to keep some, it's all going to be converted.

Sad, but for the moment true.
As for the BitPay bad thing, at least they are doing something.....

-Dave
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
September 28, 2021, 02:06:39 PM
BitPay and Verifone Partner to Exclusively Enable Cryptocurrency Acceptance
Source: https://bwnews.pr/3EZHOPD

Crypto payments to move mainstream as major retailers and SMBs alike can now accept crypto and get settlement in traditional currency

Imho this is big.

Merchants will be able to accept crypto payments directly from Verifone without the need for an account with BitPay. The consumer will be able to pay seamlessly using approved crypto wallets

I'm not surprised that the merchants will receive fiat.
And although I am not fond of BitPay, this is big.

Jump to: