Author

Topic: [2021-10-02] This Electric Vehicle Mines Crypto in its Free Time (Read 59 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 509
This makes no sense in my opinion.

The setup costs are going to be immense especially with the current chip shortage.

And after a few months when bitcoin/altcoin difficulties increase as they always have, this will be useless wasted processing power doing nothing in the background. Doesn't make sense to me.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1295
This makes sense if you are parking somewhere that has "free" charging for your vehicle.  You are essentially shifting the cost to someone else, probably the type of people who really think that there is such a thing as a "free" way to charge a vehicle.  Maybe it is "free to you" but someone else is bearing the cost.

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
Already two topics about this:

[2021-06-30] Electric car Daymak Spiritus mining live.
Tesla Competitor to Launch First Electric Car That Mines Bitcoin and Dogecoin

They have been "planning" this for a while, it still a stupid idea no matter what.

It is a good idea that worth to be developed.

No, it's not, and going further will solve nothing.
You have a lot of efficiency loss in this cycle because of the battery, you have an electricity loss on the charging, you have lower efficiency to the vehicle because of added weight and space used and you gain nothing, nothing at all. You could simply buy the gear and put it in your garage in a box, not on this trike, it will mine continuously without a lot of extra costs and it will also be a lot cheaper.
Besides, the lack of info on much hashrate and on what algorithm this come and how they talk about $ value it's always a bad sign, not even mentioning that you would need a specialized ASIC for all those 3, there is no gear that can mine efficiently all 3 of those.
Apparently, these remarks are not devoid of logic. Any electrical appliance or other equipment then has good operational efficiency when it is used for its intended purpose. Additional functions in this case cannot be as effective, because you have to sacrifice something. The idea is, of course, interesting. Let's see how much such a function will be in demand in an electric car.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
Already two topics about this:

[2021-06-30] Electric car Daymak Spiritus mining live.
Tesla Competitor to Launch First Electric Car That Mines Bitcoin and Dogecoin

They have been "planning" this for a while, it still a stupid idea no matter what.

It is a good idea that worth to be developed.

No, it's not, and going further will solve nothing.
You have a lot of efficiency loss in this cycle because of the battery, you have an electricity loss on the charging, you have lower efficiency to the vehicle because of added weight and space used and you gain nothing, nothing at all. You could simply buy the gear and put it in your garage in a box, not on this trike, it will mine continuously without a lot of extra costs and it will also be a lot cheaper.
Besides, the lack of info on much hashrate and on what algorithm this come and how they talk about $ value it's always a bad sign, not even mentioning that you would need a specialized ASIC for all those 3, there is no gear that can mine efficiently all 3 of those.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
The difference between the deluxe and ultimate version is very big and mining while charging could affect the battery life negatively. It is a good idea that worth to be developed.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

This could be a car whose value will not depreciate after purchase because you will earn about  $5 to $12 a day. The idea seems to be too much to take in for now. I would believe it once it's on the market already and owners prove what it can do.

Cryptocurrency will change how carmakers are going to build their cars if this will be proven to work. If it's also cheaper, the future will really be different.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
i heard about this before but mining with car i think is not a good idea cause mining especially with ProofofWork algorithm can eat lot of electricity, and i dont think this was efficient way to mine unless there some new algorithm that efficent and using low energy
Activity: 66
Merit: 17

Toronto-based personal light electric vehicle (LEV) producer Daymak plans to launch a cryptocurrency-mining car that will allow owners to make money when parked, plugged in, or wireless charging. The car, known as the Spiritus, is a three-wheeled all-electric vehicle able to seat two adults aimed at being a daily commuter "designed with the track in mind," according to Daymak’s website. The base model Spiritus Deluxe has a top speed of over 85 mph, a 0-to-60 time of 6.9 seconds, and a range of 180 miles. The upgraded sport model Spiritus Ultimate has a top speed of over 130 mph, a 0-to-60 time of 1.8 seconds and a range of 300 miles.

"I think that in the future, we'll see [cryptocurrency] replacing banks and transactions," Aldo Baiocchi, president and founder of Daymak, told Yahoo Finance Live. "So it was just logical [to incorporate crypto mining capabilities] since the car comes with computers on board, and most cars, as you know, they depreciate." With suggested retail prices of $19,995 and $149,000 for the Deluxe and Ultimate, respectively, deliveries are set to begin in 2023. Buyers can also pre-order the Spiritus Deluxe for $18,495.

As for mining, the Spiritus mines crypto through Daymak Nebula, the world’s first comprehensive cryptocurrency suite for EVs. Currently exclusive to Spiritus orders, the car’s dashboard will allow owners to manage, send, and receive crypto on the go. While parked, plugged in, or wireless charging, the Nebula Miner can mine Bitcoin (BTC-USD), Ethereum (ETH-USD), Doge (DOGE-USD), and more. The crypto capabilities of the Spiritus could offset its own monthly lease price, Baiocchi said, or owners could simply choose to put the money towards satisfying their daily coffee fix.

"You're using a car one hour a day, more or less. So our car, 23 hours a day, you'll be making money - could be between $5 to $12 [a day] depending obviously on crypto prices," Baiocchi added.

Code:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/this-electric-vehicle-mines-crypto-in-its-free-time-191748861.html
Jump to: