Author

Topic: 2022: where to spend virtual visa cards buying crypto? (Read 85 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
--snip--
I don't really know your location but If your within the European countries and African countries, aside united state then good for you, try using it on paybis.com, Cex.io, Skrill but the challenge your are likely going to be face is still same Identity card verification process.
But if that is the issue trying using another means of identification as this platform accepts , International passport, Drivers license and national identity card for there kyc process.

Well, the main problem isn't KYC (except for bitpanda, who, for some strange reason, always tells me the picture of my identity card is to blurry, no matter how sharp it is).
I'm not a fan of KYC, but i have already reconciled with the fact that, if you want to use a bigger semi-trustworthy company to exchange FIAT <-> BTC, you'll have to fork over your identity card, utility bill and selfie at one point in the process... Sad but true... If you want KYC-less trades, you're pretty much forced to use shady services or P2P, and for people that are not doing such exchanges on a regular basis, it's just not worth it Sad

So far, i haven't found a single service that lets me use virtual visa cards with denominations < 10€ to buy crypto... I guess i'll give up and buy amazon gift vouchers or something... Thanks for the tips guys, so far they haven't panned out, but i still appreciate the hints!
Activity: 798
Merit: 546
I'm not really accustomed to posting into the trading discussion subforum (I'm more of a technical guy), so i hope i posted this in the correct subforum.

There's a forum that i visit (non crypto related) that organises price draws on a regular basis. Prices are usually distributed in the form of virtual visa cards. At this moment, i have 3 virtual cards loaded with small amounts of euro's (the smallest is about 7 euro). The cards are all in my name.

I wonder if there's any place where i can use such virtual visa cards in order to buy BTC...
I already tried binance, coinbase and (eventough i'm not a fan) bitcoin.com, but no avail... I also found an old thread that advised bitpanda, but for some strange reason i'm not able to supply them with a picture of my identity card (tried several times, they always tell me my picture is to blurry). Paxful starts at 10 euro/card, freewallet is a big no-no...
I don't really know your location but If your within the European countries and African countries, aside united state then good for you, try using it on paybis.com, Cex.io, Skrill but the challenge your are likely going to be face is still same Identity card verification process.
But if that is the issue trying using another means of identification as this platform accepts , International passport, Drivers license and national identity card for there kyc process.
legendary
Indeed... It's the small amounts that are a problem... Those cards are very hard to spend at any place tbh... IRL, the only way i ever managed to spend them is by buying gift cards and using those cards as a partial payment for bigger sums. But in the crypto world, this isn't a feasible option anyways... I really need a service that accepts smaller denomination virtual visa cards if i want any chance for spending my funds.

I already tried wise.com, but they give me this error:
Code:
Your card payment attempt was unsuccessful as your bank did not authorize the payment. Please try again and if the problem persists, contact your bank´s card payment department and ask them to allow card payments to Wise. Alternatively, you can fund this payment via another payment method or by using a different card.

Sad

also tried skrill... got an error in the same category:
Code:
Payment declined
Contact your bank for more information or try another payment option.

Why not pay with bank transfer? It's free and never gets declined.

And finally tried b t c bit [dot] net (the one from BestChange)... Doesn't work either Sad
Code:
Current status

Canceled
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I guess that the bigger problem is not so much the lack of services, but the minimum amount they work with, especially as the fees for handling cards are, afaik, big (or bigger).

I've looked at BestChange website for EUR VISA to BTC and I've seen some options/exchangers. Unfortunately only one is shown to accept small amounts; BestChange lists it as minimum 10 EUR, and their FAQ tells about minimum 35 EUR, maybe you see with the support of that exchanger. I've never herd of them, I recommend you also read the reviews and decide for yourself... at least if you don't get anything better.
legendary
Have you tried to like use the cards on some online banking platform and then use the funds to buy bitcoin afterward? If you can manage to load your Transferwise or Skrill account with that card, that would probably be the best option because I know you can then get 1:1 (last time I checked) for your Wise funds on Binance P2P.

I don't (yet) have a transferwise or skrill account, but it's defenately worth looking into... thanks for the tip Smiley
If it works, i'll update this thread and lock it afterwards!
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
Have you tried to like use the cards on some online banking platform and then use the funds to buy bitcoin afterward? If you can manage to load your Transferwise or Skrill account with that card, that would probably be the best option because I know you can then get 1:1 (last time I checked) for your Wise funds on Binance P2P.
legendary
I'm not really accustomed to posting into the trading discussion subforum (I'm more of a technical guy), so i hope i posted this in the correct subforum.

There's a forum that i visit (non crypto related) that organises price draws on a regular basis. Prices are usually distributed in the form of virtual visa cards. At this moment, i have 3 virtual cards loaded with small amounts of euro's (the smallest is about 7 euro). The cards are all in my name.

I wonder if there's any place where i can use such virtual visa cards in order to buy BTC...
I already tried binance, coinbase and (eventough i'm not a fan) bitcoin.com, but no avail... I also found an old thread that advised bitpanda, but for some strange reason i'm not able to supply them with a picture of my identity card (tried several times, they always tell me my picture is to blurry). Paxful starts at 10 euro/card, freewallet is a big no-no...

I already searched the subforum, but i couldn't find any recent information... If there was any, the thread was probably burried under posts explaining where to get virtual cards to spend your crypto, while i want the exact opposite: i have a virtual card, and i want to buy crypto...
Jump to: