Author

Topic: [2023-01-29] New York State Takes a Step Toward Cryptocurrency Adoption (Read 13 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 6072
Crypto Swap Exchange
New York State Takes a Step Toward Cryptocurrency Adoption with New Bill

https://cryptonews.com/news/new-york-state-takes-step-toward-cryptocurrency-adoption-with-new-bill.htm

The state of New York has announced a new bill that would allow agencies to accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment for fines, civil penalties, taxes, fees, and other payments charged by the state.......

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out, how much traction it gets as it winds though the process. Seems on the surface to have some people behind it who are good and getting things done but in the end if there is resistance from other people will they choose to fight for it or pick another battle. In the end with more and more places in general accepting crypto payments I can't see it not happening sooner or later.

Also, what I find interesting is that what is not discussed is the fact that there are some smaller towns in NY that DO take crypto for some things, they are processing with Cashapp / Block / Square / whatever they are calling themselves these days and crypto is an option. But, I don't think they really care, it was just the quickest & easiest way to take credit cards and crypto came along for the ride. I'm reasonably sure that is the case in a lot of places. They really don't care HOW the funds get to them, just that they get them.

-Dave

Jump to: