Author

Topic: [2024-01-17] Forbes: JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon Says He Won’t Talk About Bitcoin ... (Read 91 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1555
When he has been proven so abjectly wrong for so long he would do well to stop talking. (...)

He made a fool of himself already regarding Bitcoin. When Bitcoin was in its infancy, he famously said something to the tune of: he would fire anyone from JP Morgan of he knew they were involved in Bitcoin. Fast forward to the current times and the entire JPM acts as an Authorised Participant to the BlackRocks spot ETF and probably they're connected to BTC trading in multiple other ways.
When he was bashing Bitcoin for so many years, his only two options are either admitting he was wrong or just shutting up. He chose the latter.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
When he has been proven so abjectly wrong for so long he would do well to stop talking.  Between him, Munger and Buffett, they really just need to stop talking about something about which they clearly have no understanding.  I will say that Munger and Buffett calling bitcoin rat poison and "rat poison squared" is nice in that rats hate rat poison and so it outed them as authoritarian statists rats.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
If he really wants to shut up then shouldn't he be not saying that he shouldn't be talking about bitcoin? The only thing that I'm getting out of this interview is that he's a bitter guy and he's bitter for nothing because bitcoin threatens his very livelihood which is the banking industry. I don't agree with that headline that the trashing would be the last time because I don't recall this dude being an honest man, he's a banker, lies is his bread and butter so anything that we think he's saying, it's either not true at all or the total opposite, depending on how he wants the story that he's got his interests aligned, that's where he wants it to go, trust me that when bitcoin goes down, this dude would be talking about bitcoin again.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1555
Here we go. In today's Forbes article, our good friend Jamie Dimon promises to shut up about Bitcoin once and for all. I don't believe he will though.
Or maybe it's just his way of saying that his judgement on Bitcoin was wrong without admitting it outright.

JPMorgan’s Jamie Dimon Says He Won’t Talk About Bitcoin Anymore—After Trashing It One Last Time

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2024/01/17/jpmorgans-jamie-dimon-says-he-wont-talk-about-bitcoin-anymore-after-trashing-it-one-last-time/?sh=3a4aec0329c1

TOPLINE
Jamie Dimon, the billionaire CEO of the U.S.’ largest bank JPMorgan Chase, offered what he said would be his last-ever takedown of bitcoin Wednesday, maintaining his long-held attitude toward the $830 billion cryptocurrency even after last week’s breakthrough for institutional investment in bitcoin involving JPMorgan.

KEY FACTS
Bitcoin is akin to a “pet rock” because it “does nothing,” Dimon said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Dimon explained the only “real use cases” for bitcoin are criminal activities like sex trafficking and money laundering, echoing his prior criticisms of the massive digital asset.

In what Dimon characterized as “the last time” he’d ever talk about bitcoin, he suggested that bitcoin derives the rest of its value from paper trading rather than serving a tangible purpose, but still believes investors have a right to buy bitcoin because it’s a “free country.

Dimon’s still-dismissive attitude toward bitcoin notably comes a week after regulators approved bitcoin exchange-traded funds, the first-ever investment vehicles enabling backers to invest in real-time bitcoin prices via standard security exchanges.
(...)

Jump to: