Author

Topic: [2024-02-22] Euronews: Which yielded more in the last decade: Bitcoin or a house (Read 54 times)

legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
Nice little article citing British estate agency "Foxtons" that published that London's property market was such a great investment over the last decade that only 2 types of investments yielded higher returns: Bitcoin and Gold. I have my doubts if this is true though. It looks like they discarded any other cryptocurrencies in their analysis and probably limited it to major indices etc (ignoring any individual stocks etc).

One of the comments made me chuckle:
"Good luck cashing in your Bitcoin, pretty sure most banks won't touch the stuff with a long pole."
I'm not sure if this was a joke or are there still people out there thinking this is true.

Which yielded more in the last decade: Bitcoin or a house in London?

https://www.euronews.com/business/2024/02/22/which-yielded-more-in-the-last-decade-bitcoin-or-a-house-in-london

The most famous crypto yielded almost 5,000% over the last decade.

London's property market has proved to be one of the best bets for investment over the past 10 years, with a yield of more than 44%, according to a new market analysis by British estate agency Foxtons.

The estate agent analysed the performance of the UK capital's residential property market against nine other popular investment options, including Bitcoin and the FTSE 100. It found that only two investment assets have delivered higher return on investment over the past decade.

It is hard to beat the breathtaking 4,963% yield Bitcoin has seen in that 10-year period. The cryptocurrency had an average value of $840.3 in December 2013 which swelled to $42,544 in the period up to December 2023.

Meanwhile, gold - the safe haven investment - takes second place, with a 66.8% return on investment over the same period, priced around $1,223.9 back in 2013 and reaching $2,042 last December.
(...)

It is odd that they had to write an article about this and research to find the answer.  Anyone paying attention should know it. lol.

And you are right, do people really think that you can't cash out if you want to?  It would be nice if one didn't have to cash out of course.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1555
Nice little article citing British estate agency "Foxtons" that published that London's property market was such a great investment over the last decade that only 2 types of investments yielded higher returns: Bitcoin and Gold. I have my doubts if this is true though. It looks like they discarded any other cryptocurrencies in their analysis and probably limited it to major indices etc (ignoring any individual stocks etc).

One of the comments made me chuckle:
"Good luck cashing in your Bitcoin, pretty sure most banks won't touch the stuff with a long pole."
I'm not sure if this was a joke or are there still people out there thinking this is true.

Which yielded more in the last decade: Bitcoin or a house in London?

https://www.euronews.com/business/2024/02/22/which-yielded-more-in-the-last-decade-bitcoin-or-a-house-in-london

The most famous crypto yielded almost 5,000% over the last decade.

London's property market has proved to be one of the best bets for investment over the past 10 years, with a yield of more than 44%, according to a new market analysis by British estate agency Foxtons.

The estate agent analysed the performance of the UK capital's residential property market against nine other popular investment options, including Bitcoin and the FTSE 100. It found that only two investment assets have delivered higher return on investment over the past decade.

It is hard to beat the breathtaking 4,963% yield Bitcoin has seen in that 10-year period. The cryptocurrency had an average value of $840.3 in December 2013 which swelled to $42,544 in the period up to December 2023.

Meanwhile, gold - the safe haven investment - takes second place, with a 66.8% return on investment over the same period, priced around $1,223.9 back in 2013 and reaching $2,042 last December.
(...)
Jump to: