Author

Topic: 22-04-2019 the day when something died on bitcointalk (Read 230 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
you don't get it, today another, tiny portion of your freedom was taken away from you, by force!

Freedom without boundaries is chaos. The yobit signature campaign and it's participants cross the line by engaging in spamming activities which is against the forum rules so irrespective of the freedom given to participants to wear any signature of their choice, they too have to obey the rules of the forum or risk getting punished. The administration of the forum took a drastical steps in banning members that had "one good report against them for spamming the forum while wearing a yobit signature" note they didn't banned all participants of yobit signature campaign, they did banned only those that disobey the forum rules (No spamming) and as a result of yobit paying those participants without an active campaign manager to moderate the campaign, they became an accomplice to spam so depriving them the privilege to advertise their product on the forum was the perfect punishment. I'm positive if they were to employed a campaign manager in future to moderate their campaign, the forum will welcome them back.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
I'm more than sure it wasn't thoroughly thought out decision, made under the pressuring noise of the crowd. I'm aware that having a lot of bad quality post, would not only make admins to work harder but also users themself. The thing is, we already had every means to deal with this situation. Drastic step, that was censoring the sig-box, was unjustified and harmed a few, ergo it wasn't good nor necessary nor moral.
There was a lot of users enrolled in that campaign without any restrictions and Yobit had a history of allowing a huge amount of posts to be made and i am sure there was a lot of spam and i am not telling that there wont be any quality posters but the majority are just trying to fill up and earn some coins, we do not need the entire forum to be a junkyard as there are sections where you will not see any meaningful responses, if Yobit had any moral sense they would have conducted the campaign in a better.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
-snip-
what do i know.
It was more of a satirical post, so cutting one fragment out of context is kinda not fair, but whatever.
I think I have to explain to you what kind of a situation we are facing here.
       Let's assume I have had written a post, where I called people to kill particular group of folks.
You would surely agree that by doing so, I have committed a crime. This is the universal truth, almost all, reasonable people on this planet would be in agreement, that I have to be punished for this. Government has the right to ask admin to provide them with logs of my conversations, where such event took place. Admins are legally obligated, they have to provide the evidence.
This simply have to be a double edge sword (the truth). If one person has the right to be protected against words, the other person have to have the right to write them. Thus the argument of a private platform is not valid here. If we let private company to censor, shadow-ban, de-platform people, we have to allow the same thing for the government because it is in fact a special kind of a company.
You can surely see how dangerous it gets when the logos (the truth, the double edge sword, the inherently good natural order of things) gets corrupted. This is exactly what happened here.
       I'm more than sure it wasn't thoroughly thought out decision, made under the pressuring noise of the crowd. I'm aware that having a lot of bad quality post, would not only make admins to work harder but also users themself. The thing is, we already had every means to deal with this situation. Drastic step, that was censoring the sig-box, was unjustified and harmed a few, ergo it wasn't good nor necessary nor moral.
legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Look below, I did not typed this in to my(?) sig-box (advertising spot for members to promote various projects).

what makes you think sig are there for someone to promote some project? sigs are courtesy provided by the forum owner.

back in the day sigs (i knew them as "taglines" in BBS systems) were mainly a place for some "deep" thought or witty comments although some were promoting various projects. and if it did promote a product most were legit, at least back then. but they have been going downhill ever since as over time they have been getting more annoying and more abused.

sigs are a privilege, not a right. want a censorship free sig? feel free to run your own forum with that right.

but as i have sigs turned off forum wide so i never see them, what do i know.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
ROFL. Censorship?

Big news for you: this is a centralized forum with administrators and moderators. Guess we shouldn’t even let them moderate and delete spam/off-topic messages, right? That would be plain censorship and we are Bitcoiners (!!!). Why even have accounts? Let the floods open. Let’s transform Bitcointalk into 4chan. Anyone can post anything with any name... freedom!!
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
-YAHOO_EU-
YOBIT offered the members of the subscription campaign a great reward, exceeding all existing subscription campaigns several times.
But at the same time, YOBIT did not or did not want to control the quality of messages, which led to a spam of forum spam.
These are certainly flaws on the part of YOBIT, but the indiscriminate and unconditional prohibition of this subscription campaign does not do any credit to this forum and is an attempt to fire a cannon on sparrows and of course contradicts the very idea of freedom and decentralization that Satoshi Nakamoto preached.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
Signatures containing "yobit.net" are banned for 60 days.
local rule: (╭☞σ ͜ʖσ)╭☞

Extra, extra, read all about it!
              A collective responsibility was instantiated on famous discussion board, known as "the birthplace of Bitcoin" (electronic currency), in order to protect quality over quantity. It was reported that pressure from the community arose dramatically, rumours of wide spread, so called red tags, started to appear. Commotion among members of all ranks started from inconspicuous restart of defamed crypto-exchange known as Yobit. 
             The administrator of the bitcointalk.org forum decided to introduce a censorship for particular phrases, as a countermeasure to mob's dissatisfaction. Our reporter say; so far "only" signature box was bounded by the restrictions, future curtailments are yet unknown". An anonymous member in the rank of a Hero, called poptok2 (name altered for protection) states as follows; you don't get it, today another, tiny portion of your freedom was taken away from you, by force! Don't believe me? Look below, I did not typed this in to my(?) sig-box (advertising spot for members to promote various projects). When "they" will come after your sig-space, who will defend it? Censorship and false impression of handling things, that's what it is. This will continue and bitcoin will fall, mark my words (original spelling).
             Experts ask, what future awaits one of the last enclaves of free-speech throughout internet? Are people aware of the danger and unprecedented paradigm shift? How can this influence the image of exciting cryptocurrency world? What would Satoshi Nakamoto said to this potential debacle? Expect more reports on the matter in the upcoming weeks.

Werther forecast
Monday - sunny
Tuesday - partially cloudy
Wednesday - Huh  Grin   
Jump to: