Author

Topic: 26.51 | E | qrscanner | failed to load zbar. exceptions (Read 34 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 4
zbar is used for webcams to scan a QR code and to decode it.
E.g. you have an invoice with a QR code shown on your phone screen and you hold it up to your laptop camera. The laptop would then need to have the zbar library.

Clicking the URL below will take you to a page of Debian's website in which a list of packages of zbar libraries are available for installation:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=zbar&searchon=names&suite=stable§ion=all

Which of these packages should I install?

By the way, my desktop environment is LXQt.

If you don't need this feature, it is safe to ignore.

Thanks for your answer.
Activity: 20
Merit: 35
zbar is used for webcams to scan a QR code and to decode it.
E.g. you have an invoice with a QR code shown on your phone screen and you hold it up to your laptop camera. The laptop would then need to have the zbar library.
If you don't need this feature, it is safe to ignore.
Activity: 55
Merit: 4
My device has an Intel 12th generation CPU and Debian Bookworm is installed with the updated stable kernel version linux-image-6.1.0-16-amd64 (=6.1.67-1).

The version of Electrum that I use is Electrum-4.5.0.tar.gz

The following dependencies are installed:

Code:
sudo apt install python3-pyqt5 libsecp256k1-dev python3-cryptography

To launch Electrum, I run the following command in a terminal:

Code:
python3 Electrum-4.5.0/run_electrum

That is when the following error message appears:

Code:
username@hostname:~$ python3 electrum/run_electrum
 26.51 | E | qrscanner | failed to load zbar. exceptions: [OSError('/home/username/electrum/electrum/libzbar.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'), OSError('libzbar.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory')]
username@hostname:~$

Can I just ignore the above error message?

I have used Google and also the Search box in bitcointalk.org for solutions and found none.

Thank you for your help.
Jump to: