Author

Topic: 28 days without generation, i have 4200khash/s (Read 9487 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 251
Hmm.. could it be the wallet?

Wouldn't be to hard to try. Creating a backup, erasing the whole bitcoin directory and then running it. You can always transfer the BC from one wallet to the other or use both of them for paying stuff.

I did so and am currently downloading coins. However, my system is slower than yours and we'll see the result sooner if we try it together.  Wink
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
People, i really need your help Sad Still nothing

What is the message i have to found on my "debug.log" file, to make sure i may have found a block??

This is so rare, 1 month running with 4200khash/s with many versions.

I just need to know if my machine is correctly running to generated bitcoins
Activity: 314
Merit: 251
I am experiencing a similar problem. Win7/64 official build.
Already delete everything (but the wallet) and the clock is
correct, port is open and I have connections. It also
displays the right current block number.

No block since 16. July. There are no "proof-of-work"
messages in the log.

Everything has been working without problems since
beginning of 2010.
founder
Activity: 364
Merit: 6472
Search debug.log for "proof-of-work found".  If you find any, then check for any errors right after that.

How big of a margin on the time is allowed for things to work right.
The margin is 2 hours.

This should be solved in SVN rev 141 and the next release (0.3.11+).  It'll pop up a message box alerting you if your clock is off by more than an hour.
My computer have date and time correct.

I uninstalled bitcoin, i deleted absolutely all files, blocks, debug, ALL, except of course wallet.dat.

And a reinstalled, i hope this can be works.

A question, can be wallet.dat, make any problem??
Activity: 210
Merit: 104
My time is correct, and my debug.log shows nothing out of the ordinary. I'm stumped here, guys!
founder
Activity: 364
Merit: 6472
Make sure your computer's date and time are correct.
Activity: 210
Merit: 104
Yeah, I'm having similar results. I've been running a self-compiled Linux build on a machine with roughly the same khash and haven't generated a block since mid July. Of course, it was a _broken_ Linux build for a few weeks of that, but I'm running the latest SVN version now and still no luck.
Activity: 61
The worst thing about bitcoin (at least for me) is the fact you CANT test if all is fine, if youre generating coins without problems.

This is actively being worked on. Not sure on timeline, but it is in the works to be sent out either with the program or as a standalone program.
Im not firewalled, also, i reinstalled many times bitcoin, every versión, i updated too. Also im in 75043 block

The worst thing about bitcoin (at least for me) is the fact you CANT test if all is fine, if youre generating coins without problems.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I currently have a Core2Duo which is outperforming a i7 and several Quad Core machines even though they all get an equal opportunity to generate uninterrupted. I don't think we should underestimate the "Luck" factor. Smiley
Activity: 111
Statistically, you're not very lucky.  In fact, out of a hundred people, you would be one of the two least lucky ones.

I suspect something is Not Right with your setup.  Either you're running an old version, firewalled, or somehow not keeping up with the block chain.  Are you at block 75040 or greater?

I'm especially concerned that your 'span' of attempts has also covered lower difficulty eras.  That makes you even less lucky.

The last time I was that unlucky, I was running a broken 64-bit Linux build. Smiley

Yes, i always updated
I run official downloaded build
Vista 64
I think i am lucky

thanks
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
Firstbits: 1duzy
Have you upgraded to 0.3.10?
What build are you running? (Downloaded/Self compiled)
What architecture/OS?
Are you usually a lucky/unlucky person?
Hi. I know difficulty is high, but is normal having a machine with 4200khas/second Huh

In the past, i generated a bunch.
Jump to: