Author

Topic: [28/04/2021] Revolut allows BTC withdrawal (UK | Metal members) (Read 116 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
I am not familiar with the fees that this service has, but it does not necessarily mean that they will be excessive - although some people will pay 5% or more since they pay even more on crypto ATMs.
Well that is easy to grab from their FAQ[1], and it seems that the fee that is applied to your transactions regarding only cryptocurrencies is 1,5 % (only applicable for Metal members since they are the ones that are able to withdrawal funds outside Revolut) :

We charge a fee for cryptocurrency exchanges. This fee is 2.5% for Standard and Plus users (and 1.5% for Premium and Metal users). We don’t charge you any other fees for this service.
If this service comes to Standard users ( They are probably trying out if this is a "perk" that would entice people to join their Metal tier) they would pay 2,5 % (and I'm not sure if they would also pay an additional 0.5 % if their trades were above 1.000 pounds, but lets leave it as is).

While 1,5 % is not good, it certainly isn't as bad as some crypto ATM's and such, and considering the fact that you are able to buy and withdraw BTC right from the little device in your pocket it is certantily enticing (at least for the "average joes" and perhaps people that are willing to pay a bit more for a more easy to use and clean interface).

EDIT: And it seems that we have a small update (and blog post that was deleted) confirming the previous FAQ entry -> https://www.altfi.com/article/7851_breaking-revolut-announces-bitcoin-withdrawals-in-hastily-deleted-blog-post

It seems, however, that since this would be a "beta" service, we can only withdraw, for now, 1,000 £/month:
Some limits will apply during the beta period, beyond its restriction to Metal paying customers. Only three external addresses can be added, and withdrawals are limited at £1,000/month or £500/day, with limits being reviewed in the future.

[1] https://www.revolut.com/legal/metal-fees

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5628
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Interesting information, if someone asked me if crypto can be sent from Revolut, I would say no without hesitation - so even though this service costs £12.99 a month, it may just be a test of the service that will be added to all other cards later. Personally, I know a lot of people whom Revolut has allowed to come into contact with crypto because of its very simple way of creating the whole service and of course trading within the app.

I am not familiar with the fees that this service has, but it does not necessarily mean that they will be excessive - although some people will pay 5% or more since they pay even more on crypto ATMs.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 3001
While browsing trought the cryptocurrency section at Revolut FAQ I found this very interesting piece of information[1]:

How do I send crypto to an external address?

Crypto withdrawals are currently only available to Metal customers in the UK. If you are a UK customer and would like to withdraw cryptocurrency, please upgrade your plan.

To send crypto out of Revolut, head to the 'Crypto' section of the 'Wealth' tab or BTC section and tap 'Withdraw'. Carefully read the Terms and Conditions.

Add a personal BTC address using the QR code or manually inserting the information and confirm by entering the 6-digit code you will receive in an SMS on your phone.

Once you successfully added an address, select the one you want to withdraw to, include the BTC amount to withdraw, and carefully read the terms.

The transaction will be in a 'pending' state and you will receive a confirmation once that has been completed.

At the moment you can only withdraw BTC from Revolut. However, you can easily exchange your other cryptocurrencies into BTC on the Revolut app.
Perhaps this has been going on for a while now, but I only now noticed it. Do we have any UK members that could confirm this?

Whatever the results, I believe this is great news! While the fees may still be higher than at other exchanges, it may help to call some more external investors to use Revolut as a means to get BTC (until now I believed that people were just speculating BTC price due to not being able to withdraw it, but it seems that it wasn't really like that all along).
What do you guys think about this? For sure it will help unite the bridge of people that are more "savy" regarding the crypto world and that knew that "not your keys, not your coins" but the most likely is that those people already make their trades on exchanges made for crypto ...

[1] https://www.revolut.com/help/wealth/cryptocurrencies/getting-cryptocurrency-exposure/sending-cryptocurrency
Jump to: