Author

Topic: 30-day volatility at 1.19%, 60-day at 1.69% (Read 940 times)

Activity: 239
Merit: 250
Those low volatiity is very good for the long term price. The bitcoin price has risen slowly to the $450 range.

The price is still moving around the $450 range. I think it will break out of the range without very good news.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
Those low volatiity is very good for the long term price. The bitcoin price has risen slowly to the $450 range.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Lowest on record are 0.86% and 1.41% just after the last halving. Will volatility drop to new lows?

Edit: 0.79116124% and 1.3148784% are actually the lowest on record.

The volatility is still low at present. The consolidation phase is working on very well. The price will rise later.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
Calm before the storm of big moves up
Yes and i think this storm will be uptrend as there is no reason for it to go more down before halving.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
And now 30-day volatility is at 1.08%. 60-day down to 1.55%.

As many have noticed periods of decreased volatility historically precede periods of increased volatility. Wink

I think we have at least another month of stability though. Time will tell.

0.98% today. One month seems too long to me, but wouldn't entirely surprise me (I've grown used to being more excited by volatility (or the lack thereof...) than by price). If I had to guess I'd go with no longer than two weeks before we exit the triangle.
Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
And now 30-day volatility is at 1.08%. 60-day down to 1.55%.

As many have noticed periods of decreased volatility historically precede periods of increased volatility. Wink

I think we have at least another month of stability though. Time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

the same calm that there was when we were at 230, so we cna expect another 800-1k as a peak this time, more toward 800, because i think that breaking 1k will put us on another peak
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

Agreed! Last time it went to a stable line for a long time it made the run from 200 to 500.

I guess we are in for some good times, now it is just a matter of sitting it out and have the balls to hold long enough to see some really nice returns.

This stability will not last another few months. I am quite sure that some real action will start before the halving. And the times after the halving will be volatile as well. So, enjoy this stability for as long as it's still here. Smiley

I expect the volatility to be higher around the halving too. The price seems to be waiting for directional cues. There are many people who are waiting on the sidelines and will enter once the direction of price movement becomes clear.

Most of the volatility will likely be in the month or two before the halving. Speculation on price movements will run rampart and lots of longs and shorts will be made and liquidated.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
This stability will not last another few months. I am quite sure that some real action will start before the halving. And the times after the halving will be volatile as well. So, enjoy this stability for as long as it's still here. Smiley

I expect the volatility to be higher around the halving too. The price seems to be waiting for directional cues. There are many people who are waiting on the sidelines and will enter once the direction of price movement becomes clear.
Yep and then boom!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
My sentiments as well.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
There is really low volatility last time nice to see bitcoin price so stable
Lets see for how long time any moment we can see price moing up just watch volume on China exchanges
Activity: 183
Merit: 102
Bitcoin volatility is never at risk IMO but if you think there's a risk just look at the volatility of other coins my friend
Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
Lowest on record are 0.86% and 1.41% just after the last halving. Will volatility drop to new lows?

Edit: 0.79116124% and 1.3148784% are actually the lowest on record.
Jump to: