Author

Topic: 4 brand new S9's broke due to much cold (Read 418 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 18, 2017, 07:47:49 PM
Were the miners off for any length of time? With the way you describe it I feel like condensation would be the most likely culprit
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
October 18, 2017, 07:25:41 PM
Temperature swings are the number one way to kill the miners.  There is no reason why you would have to have intake temperature lower than 30 C.  I’m building a 2 MW mining farm and am just using air flow and exhaust to maintain temperatures.  Your best bet would be to have an intake of fresh filtered air and exhaust fans to evacuate the hot air out of the room.
I Agree here i feel ashamed of this happening to me as i have another location operating with 28 miners but of course i never did this on the other one i though that it was gonna be a good thing seem like it was the opposite
Activity: 113
Merit: 31
October 18, 2017, 06:43:01 PM
Temperature swings are the number one way to kill the miners.  There is no reason why you would have to have intake temperature lower than 30 C.  I’m building a 2 MW mining farm and am just using air flow and exhaust to maintain temperatures.  Your best bet would be to have an intake of fresh filtered air and exhaust fans to evacuate the hot air out of the room.
October 18, 2017, 04:34:46 PM
Sadly sending them off for repair is the only answer.

With so few miners there couldnt you just cool them with a cold air intake? Running AC units is the number one way to kill your profits :/

We wanted to test the set up before addinng more I'm planning to do the same as i saw in the Genesis mining farm ac units and exhaust fans do you have a more efficient set up to recommend?
Activity: 756
Merit: 560
October 18, 2017, 04:21:52 PM
Sadly sending them off for repair is the only answer.

With so few miners there couldnt you just cool them with a cold air intake? Running AC units is the number one way to kill your profits :/
October 18, 2017, 01:48:39 PM
As the title says i was trying a new set up on my mining farm that i will attach after one night of operating in front of the outake of the AC 4 out of 5 miners stop recognizing the hashboards or even giving weird readings as i'll attach as well so they were only working for about 18h i was wondering if you guys think that there is anything that i could do besides just sending all the defective boards for repair.

Bad set up

RIP hashboards?

Jump to: