Author

Topic: 4,5 hash rate... correct? or not configured properly? (Read 3282 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Shouldn't mine BTC on laptops. Definitely shouldn't mine LTC. They usually aren't designed to dissipate heat quickly enough.

Low hashrate for a mobile GPU should be expected. 4.5MH/s does seem kind of low, though, if that's what you meant.

even at 10 times that rate that's only 0.0007 BTC a day - I am not sure that would even cover the electricity cost (about 6 cents worth of BTC a day at current exchange rate  - and that is for 45 MH/s)

4.5 mh/s is about 6/10's of one penny a day in BTC or $2.19 a year if the difficulty never goes up again and the exchange rate stays fixed. I dont mean to be a party pooper but 4.5 or even 45 mh/s will not be much other than a proof of concept.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
In POS we trust
it looks like you are mining on CPU or the Intel HD 4000, not the AMD GPU
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Shouldn't mine BTC on laptops. Definitely shouldn't mine LTC. They usually aren't designed to dissipate heat quickly enough.

Low hashrate for a mobile GPU should be expected. 4.5MH/s does seem kind of low, though, if that's what you meant.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Guys this is a duplicate, but think i posted it in the wrong section.

I just started mining with slushy's pool.

I'm using a dell vostro v3560 intel core i7-3632qm (2.2ghz)
8192mb (2x4096) 1600mhz Ddr3 Dual Channel

32gb Ssdr Msata Full Card + 1tb Serial Ata

Amd Radeon Hd 7670m 1gb Discrete Graphic Card Wlan + Bt Ba

I'm using GUIminer and currently getting 4.5 hash rate... Does that make sense? I was expecting a bit more to be honest. Or have I not configured it right?

You should learn to specify units when asking questions. Nobody knows if you're talking about 4.5 kh/s, 4.5 mh/s, or 4.5 gh/s.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Guys this is a duplicate, but think i posted it in the wrong section.

I just started mining with slushy's pool.

I'm using a dell vostro v3560 intel core i7-3632qm (2.2ghz)
8192mb (2x4096) 1600mhz Ddr3 Dual Channel

32gb Ssdr Msata Full Card + 1tb Serial Ata

Amd Radeon Hd 7670m 1gb Discrete Graphic Card Wlan + Bt Ba

I'm using GUIminer and currently getting 4.5 hash rate... Does that make sense? I was expecting a bit more to be honest. Or have I not configured it right?
Jump to: