Author

Topic: $450 Steam Wallet funds (sent via marketplace, I eat fees), for $375 in bitcoins (Read 455 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
So basically you are depositing funds into other people's steam accounts with a discount - by purchasing one of their listed items for the deposit amount?
If so, yes, there are a few people that do that here except they offer much better rates.
staff
Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange
This is actually a common practice in Indonesia. There are a lot of people offering this service with discounted price on the local online marketplace. Haven't heard anyone got suspended because of this practice, and I think it's OK as long as your Steam Wallet funds is obtained legally.
legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
..... first off, this isn't an actual offer, just wanted a catchy topic line.

I'm curious if any (stranger) would do something like this?

As of now, I've sent $250 using this method to a friend that I know in person.  I'm guessing if someone did mass amts of these, then their account could be suspended.... possibly the buyer's too, but that seems doubtful (unless they're also engaged in 'transferring' money... otherwise it wouldn't be logical from a business standpoint -- re: as long as the person receiving the money is using the money to buy games for their own personal use, and not as gifts).

I make about $50-$100 a day in Steam wallet funds on the side, with booster packs and thousands upon thousands of bids on various things.  My "main" is constantly at the $500 "cap" and I have five alts now that are getting full...

Does anyone do that sort of thing here?  lol.

Ive been lurking for a long time and I have not seen anything like that. Volvo is really careful so its really dangerous.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
..... first off, this isn't an actual offer, just wanted a catchy topic line.

I'm curious if any (stranger) would do something like this?

As of now, I've sent $250 using this method to a friend that I know in person.  I'm guessing if someone did mass amts of these, then their account could be suspended.... possibly the buyer's too, but that seems doubtful (unless they're also engaged in 'transferring' money... otherwise it wouldn't be logical from a business standpoint -- re: as long as the person receiving the money is using the money to buy games for their own personal use, and not as gifts).

I make about $50-$100 a day in Steam wallet funds on the side, with booster packs and thousands upon thousands of bids on various things.  My "main" is constantly at the $500 "cap" and I have five alts now that are getting full...

Does anyone do that sort of thing here?  lol.

Jump to: