Author

Topic: 5 boards - need confirmation, which is best bet for 6 nvidia cards (Read 381 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 20
Pick asus z270.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
MSI Enthuastic Gaming Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170A Gaming M5)

7 card support
easy set up
always available
and pretty cheap

Or

ASUS PRIME Z270-A LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z270 ATX Motherboard
ASUS LGA1151 DDR4 DisplayPort HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 H170 ATX Motherboards H170 PRO GAMING
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question
Thanks.
Just looke around for this tuf mark 2 board and some people apparently had troubles with running more than 4 cards on it...we may give this 270 board a try. Theoretically 270 has no significant improvements from 170 except, 4 more pciex lanes, optane support and more supported cpu's, but perhaps 4 additional pcie lanes are doing the trick.
I was very curious if anyone had good luck mining on msi power max - board looks very solid and has 7 pcie slots...it aso costed quite a bit when introduced, so i would assume it has real nice bios options, current price is also attractive. Has real nice power regulation circuit onboard...
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
ya haha pretty much any Z270 board but ill tell ya i have used a few boards and my #1 for consumer grade board for the setup your talking is the:

Z270A-PRIME (the white colored board)  

-7 on board PCI-E slots
-Auto disables onboard graphics when no display on board plugged in  (no need to disable in BIOS! )
-On board mem-fix and power on buttons
-Color coded Status error lights on board for troubleshooting
-Ever so common 1151 socket

Love that damn board haha
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
A friend of mine asked me if can advise him on motherboard choice, that will work with 6+ cards, i am not familiar with majority of boards and cant advise him on this, perhaps someone from this forum can... here is the list:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD3
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2
MSI Z170A GAMING M7
MSI Z87 POWER MAX

It will be nvidia miner with 6 cards at least.
thanks

Tell him to get almost any z270 board that has 6 physical slots on it, and it will work.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100
To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question
A friend of mine asked me if can advise him on motherboard choice, that will work with 6+ cards, i am not familiar with majority of boards and cant advise him on this, perhaps someone from this forum can... here is the list:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD3
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2
MSI Z170A GAMING M7
MSI Z87 POWER MAX

It will be nvidia miner with 6 cards at least.
thanks
Jump to: