Author

Topic: 5$ in Bitcoin to fix my League of Legends ping. (Read 718 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
If the lowest your ping gets is 120, you need to fix/upgrade your internet, regardless of fixing the spikes. You need a fairly low ping to play League at a high skill level, I couldn't imagine anyone getting much higher than gold with a ping that high!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Op, Have you tested your online capabilities in other games? It usually is not one service or game but your whole connection is bad.
If you can test in in other games and see if there is no problem at all with pings then your LoL client is faulty here. Without checking that first I would not do anything hasty.
And check your ping to some www servers by doing -ping command in cmd console first. Check if you have some timeouts etc.
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
Maybe try to pause background internet that happening during your game?
maybe pause your download or close youtube Cheesy
Or maybe its time to get a new Internet
Try contacting your ISP customer service first maybe their connection got some problem
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
If it's not the LoL servers, it's possible that you're having a problem where your throughput isn't enough to quickly send game data packets. Basically, if someone or something is hogging your bandwidth, your ping is going to drop too.

On windows, open the resource monitor (win+r, type resmon, hit enter)
Go to the network tab and sort by outgoing

If you find a program using all of your upload speed, investigate what could be causing it.

On other operating systems, there should be similar tools.

Good luck.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
if you find it useful you can send $5 equivalent btc to this adresss 1PwZkzix1crRv9PU83m1USHxLmsyxCxrL8
legendary
Merit: 1043
:^)
the speed meter wont show if theres a problem with packet loss, so its not too helpful; did you try using your wireless adapter on another device? also, did you change anything at all on either your computer or network setup before this lag started? trying to diagnose the cause of the problem rather than trying random fixes.

as for testing for packet loss, a quick thing you can do is open up command prompt and do: ping -t
ctrl c to break after a few minutes, as itll continue with the -t parameter.
Activity: 140
Hello i have some possible solutions they are:
1.Tuning TCP Settings.
Gaming Tweak - Disable Nagle's algorithm
The tweak below allows for tweaking or disabling Nagle's alogrithm. Disabling "nagling" allows for very small packets to be transferred immediately without delay. Note that disabling Nagle's algorithm is only recommended for some games, and it may have negative impact on file transfers/throughput. The dafault state (Nagling enabled) improves performance by allowing several small packets to be combined together into a single, larger packet for more efficient transmission. While this improves overall performance and reduces TCP/IP overhead, it may briefly delay transmission of smaller packets. Keep in mind that disabling Nagle's algorithm may have some negative effect on file transfers, and can only help reduce delay in some games. To implement this tweak, in the registry editor (Start>Run>regedit) find:

This setting configures the maximum number of outstanding ACKs in Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
There will be multiple NIC interfaces listed there, for example: {1660430C-B14A-4AC2-8F83-B653E83E8297}. Find the correct one with your IP address listed. Under this {NIC-id} key, create a new DWORD value:
TcpAckFrequency=1 (DWORD value, 1=disable, 2=default, 2-n=send ACKs if outstanding ACKs before timed interval. Setting not present by default).

For gaming performance, recommended is 1 (disable). For pure throughput and data streaming, you can experiment with values over 2. If you try larger values, just make sure TcpAckFrequency*MTU is less than RWIN, since the sender may stop sending data if RWIN fills witout acknowledgement. Wifi performance may see a slight improvement with disabled TcpAckFrequency as well.

In the same location, add:
TCPNoDelay=1 (DWORD, not present by default, 0 to enable Nagle's algorithm, 1 to disable)

For Server Operating Systems that have Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) installed, or if you have the MSMQ registry hive present, also add TCPNoDelay to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters
TCPNoDelay=1 (DWORD, not present by default, 0 to enable Nagle's algorithm, 1 to disable)

To configure the ACK interval timeout (only has effect if nagling is enabled), find the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
TcpDelAckTicks=0  (DWORD value, not present by default interpreted as 2, 0=disable nagling, 1-6=100-600 ms). Note you can also set this to 1 to reduce the nagle effect from the default of 200ms without disabling it.

Notes:
Reportedly, the above gaming tweak (disabling nagle's algorithm) can reduce many MMOs like Diablo and WoW (World of Warcraft) latency by almost half!
XP/2003 needs hotfix or SP2 for it to work (MS KB 815230)
Vista needs hotfix or SP1 for it to work (MS KB 935458)
See also: NetworkThrottlingIndex setting above

2.Changing MTU Value
Step 1: Find your MTU

From an elevated Command Prompt in Vista/Windows 7 or the same elevated Command Prompt in Windows 8 enter the following command:

netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces
You should get something like this

MTU         MediaSenseState  Bytes In    Bytes Out  Interface
----------  ---------------  ---------   ---------  -------------
4294967295  1                0           13487914   Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1
1500        1                3734493902  282497358  Local Area Connection
If you are using Ethernet cable you will be looking for “Local Area Connection” or “Ethernet”. If you are using Wireless you will be looking for “Wireless Network Connection”. The MTU is in the first column.

Step 2: Find out what it should be

In the Command Prompt type:

ping www.cantreachthissite.com -f -l 1472
The host name should be a site you can not reach, -f marks the packet as one that should not be fragmented the -l 1472 sets the size of the packet (1472 = Ethernet Default MTU – Packet Header, where the Ethernet Default MTU is 1500 and the Packet Header is 28 bytes)

If the packet can’t be sent because it would need to be fragmented you will get something similar to this:

Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.
Keep trying lower packet sizes by 10 (i.e. -l 1460, 1450, 1440, etc.) until you get a successful ping request. Raise your packet sizes by one until you get a “Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.”. The last successful value plus 28 will be your MTU value.

In my case a packet size of 1430 succeeds but 1431 fails, so 1430 + 28 = 1458.

Step 3: Set your MTU

Now you have identified the interface you need to change and the ideal MTU for you, now it is time to make the change. Again from an elevated Command Prompt type the following replacing my MTU of 1458 with your own value:

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1458 store=persistent
Or if you are using a Wireless connection:

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Wireless Network Connection" mtu=1458 store=persistent
If all has gone well you should have a perfectly working internet connection.

3.Using Cfosspeed and tuning it for low latency also after installing give lol exe highest priority.

4.if you see an option like multimedia/gaming improvement in advanced tab of your network interface controller at device manager enable it and try.

5.Enable direct cache access and tcp chimney offload from cmd with these commands

netsh int tcp set global dca=enabled

netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled

if you find it useful you can send $5 equivalent btc to this adresss 1PwZkzix1crRv9PU83m1USHxLmsyxCxrL8

Activity: 577
Merit: 314
Yes lot's of people are facing lag issues. The lags on the game are coming  all the time every 5 seconds.
Ping ranging from 120- 500. I used to have 60.

On http://www.speedtest.net/ i am getting 11.84 Mbps download speed.

My connection is Wifi.
Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter.

I've used a speed meter program while in game and go the following results

Current transfer rate   3.71 KB/s
Average Transfer Rate   13.9 KB/s
Maximum Transfer Rate   813 KB/s
Current transfer rate   4.83 KB/s
Average Transfer Rate   9.26 KB/s
Maximum Transfer Rate   102 KB/s
Received   3.42 MB
Sent   2.27 MB
Total Data Transferred   5.69 MB
Since   8/21/2015 3:13:20 PM

Elapsed time: 00-04-11

So clearly there is something wrong.
The servers as i can see are located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. I live in Athens.
legendary
Activity: 1143
If you have TimeWarnerCable restart your router, it seems that they just plain suck and have packet loss, at least it happens to me twice a day, after reseting the router it fixes it self, I've tried talking to them but its still the same.

Your issue should be related to packet loss for sure but as other people said, you need to give more information about your connection and what have you tried before.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Pm your Skype info ill fix it for free over Skype and walk you through fixing your latency issue
legendary
Merit: 1043
:^)
this is impossible to diagnose without information; are you using a wired/wireless connection? up/down speeds of your connection (disregard if youre paying big bucks for good internet)? PC or laptop? whats the NIC your setup is using? how frequent is your ping spiking? can you provide logs of your traffic to the game servers? and if not, can you download the necessary software to record some logs for people to look through? and background programs running? since when has this issue persisted?
Activity: 174
The reward is held in escrow in the following link

http://www.bitfortip.com/question/show/9a1158154dfa42caddbd0694a4e9bdc8

The first person that provides in the link the solution will get the reward.

( Copy pasting a solution that already exists from the web is 99% that it won't work.
Have tried them all. )

While i am in the game the ping spikes from 120-500 then drops back to 120 for 5 seconds then spikes again to 500.

Tell me what information you will need from my computer in order to provide it to you.
I can help you for free i don't care ^^
I am an IT student so here is some questions/infos for you:
- Your ping is the time your internet connexion take to send a request to the server and the time it took to receive the serve response, so it depends on your internet connexion.
- If you have a bad connexionn, your ping will be high, that's the basic.
- If your connexion or router is satured, you will have a high ping, how to avoid the saturation ? Try do reduce download, streaming, upload, YT videos, live etc... all things that use internet makes your ping going higher.
- Something that rise the ping is the distance beetween you and the server, more the distance is big, more your internet provider/server provider need a good "peering" to send and receive the information fast, but it's hard to have a good one.

From which country are you playing and on which server are you trying to play ?
If you are in Europe and you try to play on NA the distance is maybe too big, so you need a better peering, a easy way to have a good peering is using a VPN located in NA or a VPN located in NL/France/Germany, the VPN in these country usually has got a good peering with datacenters (servers) all over the world so it will reduce lagg.

Here you are,
So stop DL p0rn during you play man Wink

You can send me a tip there if you want: 15V9ZNTezDkQabQYbAeqDVsz3Ke6dPq2zb
But do as you want Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1764
EUW is a joke lately. the only fix is either move to another game or pray to Rito they fix their netcode.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
Are you playing on EUW? Because lately ping has been a problem but for a lot of people, so you should wait some days because it´s a general problem, if that is the case
Activity: 577
Merit: 314
The reward is held in escrow in the following link

http://www.bitfortip.com/question/show/9a1158154dfa42caddbd0694a4e9bdc8

The first person that provides in the link the solution will get the reward.

( Copy pasting a solution that already exists from the web is 99% that it won't work.
Have tried them all. )

While i am in the game the ping spikes from 120-500 then drops back to 120 for 5 seconds then spikes again to 500.

Tell me what information you will need from my computer in order to provide it to you.
Jump to: