Author

Topic: 524 timeout error every time i try to search through the forum (Read 141 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
Additionally, if you're looking for an exact string in a search, adding quotation marks ("Term Here") around your search in conjunction with using site:bitcointalk.org will yield posts and threads on Bitcointalk with the exact string of words you have in the quotation marks. I've had very good results while searching with the quotation mark method, and I haven't ever used the forum's own search tool since I joined this forum- it's always been pretty crappy, and I doubt many people actually use it.

The forum also provides a link to Google search things on Bitcointalk here (click here). I found this link while clicking on the magnifying glass next to the search bar on the forum itself, and it seems to work decently well, though I haven't personally used this before.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
You can search on google and enter site:bitcointalk.org followed with the search term you are interested in. That is better than the forum search in my experience + it is faster. Searching with site:bitcointalk.org will only show you results from bitcointalk.org and no other site.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
I encounter the same problem to after searching the first time. I think temporary solution should be you avoid in the search textbox shown on every page of the forum. Instead make of the main search page by clicking on the "search" link in top left corner, after "home" and "help" or this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=search you'd also get better search options on the page.
I did use the alternative search link too but still faced the same problem.
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793
(Might also be a cause of slow Internet Connection)
Internet connection speed is okay... could be something else causing it.
I dunno whether using VPN also causes this error but lemme check it out

I encounter the same problem to after searching the first time. I think temporary solution should be you avoid in the search textbox shown on every page of the forum. Instead make of the main search page by clicking on the "search" link in top left corner, after "home" and "help" or this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=search you'd also get better search options on the page.
legendary
Heisenberg
(Might also be a cause of slow Internet Connection)
Internet connection speed is okay... could be something else causing it.
I dunno whether using VPN also causes this error but lemme check it out

Edit: Disconnecting VPN yields no positive result
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
Its just a server lag...it happens when it takes too long on server response... (Might also be a cause of slow Internet Connection)
legendary
Heisenberg
When I try to search for something from the main search button of the forum, this keeps popping up

Does anyone know why it happens?
Jump to: