Author

Topic: 570 8g weirdness? (Read 89 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
April 29, 2021, 09:36:44 AM
Turn on the compute mode in the driver settings of your video card. This is the main reason why the video card makes half of the possible hashrate.
By default, when installing a new video card, the AMD software sets the "Video card" mode.
There are no such problems in Linux systems.
Activity: 248
Merit: 13
Futiracoin.com
April 29, 2021, 01:55:05 AM
Update your nicehash mining software or OS, I once had a weird issue with nicehash once, I was mining with two rx580 and after several weeks of successful mining on nicehash the software somehow starts recognising my GPUs as RX580 3gb memory instead of 8gb, I have to uninstall the software and download a latest one, also if problem still occurs test the card in another motherboard
Activity: 290
Merit: 40
April 29, 2021, 12:23:08 AM
I am going to reply to myself here.  theres alot i dont understand but.  to clarify no its not a super insane 570. 

test rig apparently wiped itself out OS wise.  no idea why or even how..  its been off for weeks and worked perfectly prior.  I had to reinstall win10 and then update......and update... and update.. 

570 running on test rig right now is working perfectly and within expected range. 

When i introduced that 570 to one of my main frankenrigs it was working beside a xfx580 a vega 64 and a 1060.  nicehash was giving me very weird numbers but what it looks like what was happening was nicehash was treating the 3 amd cards as a single card STAT wise.  and getting it wrong it would fluctuate back and forth across the cards one minute it would say the vega 64 had zero hashrate the next min it would say working perfectly but at half speed.   or double speed.  the 570 was much higher then it should have been but my hand on its heatpipe says it wasnt working hard at all.   actual hashrate was very low.  about half normal rate.

Pulled the 570 out of that rig and back in the rebuilt OS test rig and it works fine  Frankenrig also returned to normal operation.   really dont have a clue for the weirdness.  I thought maybe the powersupply was underpowering the cards so I pulled the 1060 since it uses very close to the same as the 570.  same weird results.

Guess i will leave the test rig up and running... 
Activity: 301
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
April 27, 2021, 07:01:32 AM
Hehe i wish i had that card 36mhs 5wats  Cool and accepted shares
Lol 🤣 anyways I have a solution for you, do some research on helium hotspot miner, it draws very low watt power and it brings good money every day, no worries of paying high electricity bills
Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
April 27, 2021, 02:26:15 AM
Hehe i wish i had that card 36mhs 5wats  Cool and accepted shares
Activity: 252
April 27, 2021, 02:09:21 AM
36MH from a rx570 is overclocked and that is way too high, since you don't buy the card a brand-new there's a possibility that the old owner flash the BIOS that is not for that RX570 brand, when MSI afterburner start having issue of reading GPU correctly it always happens because of BIOS mod
Activity: 290
Merit: 40
April 26, 2021, 05:57:27 PM
put a recently aquired 570 in to my test rig today and got zero response from the test rig..  ok moved the card to a fully functional rig with  4 other cards. 

after a few mins machine sees and accepts the new card.  start up nicehash.

I force my fan speed via MSI afterburner.  the MSI afterburner sees the card but will not run the fan at max (all other cards it runs at max) it just does its own onboard auto cooling.   odd but not weird.  fans definitely working just not listening to MSI

heres the weird.  Nicehash is currently running the card on daggerhasimoto doing 36mh at  41C using ((5 watts.))!! shares are being accepted.   fans are still off.  The cards heat pipe is slightly warmer then me.  wtf?  all other card are running normally using normal wattage.. 

5 watts??  almost no heat...  good speed..  shares being accepted... either im missing something(entirely probable)  or Ive got a super 570?
Jump to: