Author

Topic: 5970 Mining Questions (Read 501 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
April 25, 2013, 09:16:20 AM
cgminer is quite difficult at the begining hehehe

just try running it like this "cgminer -o [url to pool] -u [user] -p [password]

Thats the basic for it to start working, if you have problems there then you have something missing (openacl drivers or something like that).

cgminer then have a menu run by ncurses that just simply press G and you will me moved to the GPU menu where you can start playing around hehehe

following the line I commented before here are the options I usually use at night (low noise):

-w 256 -k phatk -I d --verbose --auto-fan --temp-target 77 --auto-gpu --gpu-engine 400-1000 --gpu-memclock 300 --gpu-fan 25-45

The options are quite straigh forward, the -I flag indicates dinamic intesity, this config is used over night to run with a slow fan so it tries to match the fan to 45% if the temperature raises from 77 it decreases the intensity and if it doesnt work in start decreasing the core frequency till 400.

If you have any problems running cgminer I will be glad to help you config it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
April 25, 2013, 09:10:05 AM
Thanks for the tips. I tried CGMiner out, but couldn't get it working. Maybe I'll fiddle around with it in the next few days and see how it goes.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
April 25, 2013, 09:07:12 AM
Not really sure about that specific card but I have a 6870 and run it with cgminer (better than guiminer) with a clock starting on 1000mhz and ram on 300mhz, the good thing about cgminer is that you can set autogpu and autofan so it will modify the core and fan speed to match several temperatures and even cut down the mining in the worst case.

In any case for those card in guiminer I would recommend -w 128 -i 4 for desktop usage or -w 128 -i 8 for best perfomance on mining.

In any case I would recommend you to change to cgminer and start playing around with the settings Wink remenber that when you oc the core you will probably need to increase also the GPU voltage that I couldnt get cgminer to do it. I use saphire trixx for the voltage only the rest is handled by cgminer.

Hope it helps! Smiley
legendary
April 25, 2013, 09:00:47 AM
Does anyone know how to get more MH/s with this card? I'd really appreciate a bit of help. Smiley

Edit: I added the flag "-v -w128" to both slots and that bumped my total MH/s up to around 730MH/s. I'm happier with this number, and I'll see if I can get the core close to 900MHz, and see what that does. The core is currently on 850MHz, and the memory is at 500MHz, the lowest the memory can go. Smiley
legendary
April 23, 2013, 10:21:42 PM
Hi,

I got a Powercolor 5970 today and decided to try it in mining. I've heard it can get around 800Mh/s, which would be an awesome speed. Currently though, mine are getting a combined hashrate of around 510MH/s @ 825MHz on the core clock, and 500MHz on the memory clock. (lowest memory clock can go)

I have Everything installed driverwise as 12.10, except for CCC, which is 12.8. I couldn't get it working unless I used these versions. How do these numbers look to you for this card? Kind of low? I'm currently using GUIMiner with 2 cores dedicated to each GPU on a 3570k.
Jump to: