Author

Topic: 60 BTC - Need PHP/Web Design for BitCoin related project, will pay with BTC (Read 1770 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Does people really go through all the trouble of that NDA just to hear out the specifications of a small project? These NDAs always set off a little alarm in my mind because people put too much value in their idea. Maybe that's just me.

Two have so far Smiley  NDAs are only scary if you're a.) paranoid or b.) malicious.  I doubt many people here are malicious.  In a world where certain ideas make money, and other ones don't, if you don't protect your ideas others are free to profit from them.  An NDA just gives a small amount of legal recourse.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I don't mind helping out on the design front, just give me a PM with details on roughly what you are looking for.
Activity: 27
A complete list of features.

It's hard to bid on a project without the details which you're bidding on.

Does your hosting include shell access? You will need shell access to run bitcoind. I can sell you hosting as well as web design if you'd like.

PM me your email, and I'll send you over a copy of the NDA.  No shell acess, would be all javascript/php/cgi/what-have-you

Does people really go through all the trouble of that NDA just to hear out the specifications of a small project? These NDAs always set off a little alarm in my mind because people put too much value in their idea. Maybe that's just me.

Does your hosting include shell access? You will need shell access to run bitcoind. I can sell you hosting as well as web design if you'd like.

PM me your email, and I'll send you over a copy of the NDA.  No shell acess, would be all javascript/php/cgi/what-have-you
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
firstbits: 1kwc1p

Can you PM me a full specification? Also, I assume your server can run bitcoind.

its hosted at godaddy - can be either linux or windows hosting.  hope that helps re: bitcoind

What else do you need aside from this thread for "full specifications"?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
firstbits: 1kwc1p
Can you PM me a full specification? Also, I assume your server can run bitcoind.
I just upped the budget to 60 BTC as follows:

10 BTC to be paid out when the graphical (non-programming) part of the website is complete with logos and a "feel"
10 BTC when programming reaches point where users are able to create an account and login
10 BTC when users are able to send bitcoins to their account

remaining 30 BTC to be paid out as various private milestones and completion are reached.

Plan to have 5-10 hours worth of work per month minimum for ongoing maintenance and new features, to be negotiated separately (in other words I don't expect you to continue to make changes for free once we get the project up and running)
How big is the project? If you have a limited budget on 20BTC, we'll need to know how much we are taking on.

What is the project about? You are talking about Java and etc. experience.

It sounds like a big project with not enough money to cover it.

The project will be several megabytes sizewise Smiley  It would need to have various implementations of Bitcoin functionality like sending and receiving funds build into it, but it's all open source stuff.  The initial set up of a basically functional site for the 3 or 4 functions I need it to do will be fine.  After that, upgrades, maintenance, etc. would be negotiated separately, and if it does well, there will be better pay down the line.

What the project is about will be covered after the NDA is signed.

It's a medium project with not enough money to cover it Smiley  I'm not cheap, just can't afford to sink that much into it yet.

Hope this helps.  Anybody else interested, please PM me.
If you're talking about a small budget (~$400) and are asking for someone with the kind of experience you're indicating...that's generally considered a red flag for a problem client.

If you're also demanding an NDA for a 'small project', the paranoia indicated is another 'red flag' -- generally people who try to hard to cover their asses always feel like they're getting ripped off.

Top that off with, 'If you post here, I'll know you're illiterate', and seriously...I hope you don't think you're actually going to get a reputable, capable developer.

I'm not trying to troll or flame here, but I think you need to reconsider your approach to getting this project done.

1.) Small budget - yes.  It is expected to increase over time once the site gets the basics up and running for maintenance and improvements.  If I had more BTC to offer, I would.
2.) PHP and javascript experience is cheap in my experience... it's the knowledge of BTC that adds value for me vs. something like scriptlance/outsourcing to India
3.) In my general line of business practices, NDAs are standard for every part of the work I do for others and they do for me; refusal to sign an NDA is generally a red flag for me as a client
4.) Hoping to get a capable, and literate developer.  Reputable is nice, but capable of doing the work and following basic instructions (eg where to contact me) are more important to me.
5.) No worries - appreciate the feedback.
Activity: 16
If you're talking about a small budget (~$400) and are asking for someone with the kind of experience you're indicating...that's generally considered a red flag for a problem client.

If you're also demanding an NDA for a 'small project', the paranoia indicated is another 'red flag' -- generally people who try to hard to cover their asses always feel like they're getting ripped off.

Top that off with, 'If you post here, I'll know you're illiterate', and seriously...I hope you don't think you're actually going to get a reputable, capable developer.

I'm not trying to troll or flame here, but I think you need to reconsider your approach to getting this project done.
Activity: 27
How big is the project? If you have a limited budget on 20BTC, we'll need to know how much we are taking on.

What is the project about? You are talking about Java and etc. experience.

It sounds like a big project with not enough money to cover it.
Serious project with seriously small budget.  Will turn into an ongoing arrangement for site maintenance, upgrades, etc.

Persons interested should know and have the following:

PHP/Java/etc. experience
Web design experience
Portfolio of sites completed
Ability to plan a project; not just a script or code writer

Max budget right now is 60BTC which at the moment is around $1200.

Please PM me your info if interested, a non disclosure agreement will be necessary for any applicants.

If you reply here, I'll know you're illiterate Smiley
Jump to: