Author

Topic: 7/11 - The Day Bitcoin Prices Will Rocket, or Start of a Crash (Read 660 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
I think prices will dip, then shoot up 60-80%.

The EU is probably going to withdraw 500 Euro notes. Will this mean that the Euro will increase in value? I think not. Smiley
I think numismatic value of Uncirculated (UNC) €500 notes will increase up to 2x  Wink , but after deadline which is at end of 2018.

Banks will give people a grace period to cash in their notes, after which it won't be possible, and will turn to either a collector's item or worthless paper.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
The EU is probably going to withdraw 500 Euro notes. Will this mean that the Euro will increase in value? I think not. Smiley
I think numismatic value of Uncirculated (UNC) €500 notes will increase up to 2x  Wink , but after deadline which is at end of 2018.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
we were at 300 for a long time. I think people are buying
now ahead of the news. thats why its up around 450

I am hoping it gets near 600 which would be doubling ahead of halving.

who knows but it should be fun...
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
why do people start these pointless idiotic topics ?
I was just about to ask the same question.

OP firstly move your thread to the speculation section. This is just another thread linking to another articles which just throws out random possibilities. If one spends enough time in the speculation section, I'm sure that they would hear every prediction ranging from $0 to the $moon for the halving.

I have a strong feeling that Bitcoin halving will be a huge boom for Bitcoin.
Pure (pointless) optimism.

It is doing so well and it would be really weird if it just suddenly crashed.
No, it would not be weird.

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean honestly Shocked "It took place" ? we are in the 400-450$ since months now .
The price was around ~230$ in September, now it is ~450$. That was what he meant with 'took place'.

that's like 10 months (from next july to previous september) and I'm more then sure it has nothing to do with the halving . Most of bitcoiners I know (on other forums) don't know anything about this halving so I doubt the price doubling is related to increase in demand because of halving .
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Price doubling already took place. Nothing to see here....

I'm not sure I understand what do you mean honestly Shocked "It took place" ? we are in the 400-450$ since months now .

It has moved from about $200 to $400 now. I think people are holding waiting to see what happens when the halvening takes place. But will likely sell after July.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key

OP firstly move your thread to the speculation section. This is just another thread linking to another articles which just throws out random possibilities. If one spends enough time in the speculation section, I'm sure that they would hear every prediction ranging from $0 to the $moon for the halving.

The price was around ~230$ in September, now it is ~450$. That was what he meant with 'took place'.

Thx Lauda.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
Is less actually more? Will halving be a boon to Bitcoin or an absolute curse that will lead to a spectacular crash?

Money needs to be printed to be used, it has to be brought into circulation. Whether it is paper based or virtual, someone has to decide how much of it is going to be brought to life and when.

See da full thing : http://cointelegraph.com/news/711-the-day-bitcoin-prices-will-rocket-or-start-of-a-crash
I have a strong feeling that Bitcoin halving will be a huge boom for Bitcoin. It is doing so well and it would be really weird if it just suddenly crashed.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

when they obviously have not done any research at all
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
I think the last projection from this article sounds plausible and the price will be adjusted because of the supply and demand principle. There will be less coins printed and people would be reluctant to sell their old coins waiting for the price to increase so all these factors will lead to a bigger demand and smaller supply and the price will increase subsequently.
staff

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Nothing dramatic will probably happen to the price on that date or month or this year.
Most of traded volume already comes from old mined coins not from new miners rewards. The effect of slightly diminished (relative to total trading volume) new supply will be insignificant and will be canceled out by worries of the network centralization insecurity when marginally profitable miners will be squeezed from the market leaving 3 major mining pools in charge of 9/10 of the hashrate. I expect the price to be $500 +/- 50 to the end of the year.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
staff
Is less actually more? Will halving be a boon to Bitcoin or an absolute curse that will lead to a spectacular crash?

Money needs to be printed to be used, it has to be brought into circulation. Whether it is paper based or virtual, someone has to decide how much of it is going to be brought to life and when.

See da full thing : http://cointelegraph.com/news/711-the-day-bitcoin-prices-will-rocket-or-start-of-a-crash
Jump to: