Author

Topic: 7.5 cent par kwh what to start with . how much revenu does s9 do at the moment (Read 86 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
what do you advice me to buy ? used maybe? what to consider , is s9 so old it wont be profitable in 2 years (not sure it would even be atm...)

It will be highly unlikely for a second-hand S9 to be running just fine in 2 years anyway, those gears are pretty old and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who pays anything above zero for power, if you have free power then ROI on S9 is usually 3-5 months, which is somehow pretty safe for an old gear like that, but if you count on it to run for a year or more, you will probably regret it.

With your power rate I wouldn't go above 40w/th, I wouldn't touch any of the Antminer 17 series, so that leaves you a few options, one which I can highly recommend would be M20s, it's in the 40w/th - 50$/th range, which isn't great by any means, but at least not as bad as the other newer gears.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
what do you advice me to buy ? used maybe? what to consider , is s9 so old it wont be profitable in 2 years (not sure it would even be atm...)

For used machines, you could also talk with Grace/Minerexpert there are a few reputable members here who have done deals with them with no problems, for US there is also kaboom pretty solid seller.

Anyhow, 7.5 cents per kwh and S9s is really a bad idea.
Right now, you know it, you're looking at at least one year of ROI if you manage to get a really good deal on some units, but the difficulty is not going to stay the same and the big guys have orders for tens of exashash for the year.

The sad part, I can tell you a lot of things to not do at the moment but I would refrain from recommending gear at this point. Not with these prices.

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
For current difficulty and price yes but if you believe that Bitcoin price will increase these coming few days the ROI decrease and daily profitability will increase.

What do you mean $2k and $8k you mean that the 2nd hand unit with a price of around $2k-$8k.

I can't recommend any site that selling 2nd hand units but if you are going to buy I suggest try this https://www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/
Or try to contact offordscott he is active here on the forum.

The daily profitability and ROI depend on the unit you buy always focus on the hashrate and the power consumption of the unit and only deal with legit sellers because there are many scammers out there selling 2nd hand units.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Ok thanks for the answer
so it would be profitable but not for so long not even maybe before roi

if one is willing to invest more for a more recent machine that will be profitable longer what would you suggest like machine that has a good proven record(not breaking)  between 2k and 8k lets say used

tx
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
Antminer s9 only runs at 13.5th/s and it can pull around 1300w so I think you will make a bit of profit at the current difficulty.
The profit of this unit depends on the difficulty and the current price.

If you want to estimate or calculate of daily or monthly profitability of this unit I suggest you use some calculator like the one below

- https://www.mycryptobuddy.com/BitcoinMiningCalculator

Or you can use this calculator here below

- https://www.asicminervalue.com/miners/bitmain/antminer-s9-13th

Then scroll down to the bottom and look for Electricity cost and put your current Electricity rate.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
HI
noob here believing in the solidity of btc concept.
7.5 cents (us)
i approximated monthly electricity cost to 81 us dollar.
how to calculate the monthly revenue of a antminer s9?

thanks
Jump to: