Author

Topic: 8 days in limbo (Read 645 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
May 18, 2017, 10:19:33 PM
That worked! Thank you so much HCP, I would have never noticed that.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
May 18, 2017, 12:36:09 AM
For the record, the e91404a42ea2b86a6f81fb674dd1e549fdcc8d4401529c1712d2d7d3c75e8e0d transaction is spending the output from the other unconfirmed transaction 09b7ce65b6a4136b31f53a356433b1594122e978fe356de23b9447c65985b9b1

so the 09b7 one will need to be accelerated first... The other one won't be accepted by the accelerator until the first one confirms...

Keep stalking the accelerator and try to submit your tx in the first couple of seconds of a new hour... Wink
May 17, 2017, 07:49:51 PM
I appreciate the help, HI-TEC,

I'll wait it out and see what happens. If they're not returned to my wallet in a few days and goes through the loop once more I'll consider the paid option.

Hopefully others will find this thead useful.

Thanks again,
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
May 17, 2017, 03:19:12 PM
A mycelium wallet running on an older android might also be able to import multibit wallet words. The quote below explains what to do, but I'm not sure if it works because I don't know of anyone who's tested it yet. Apparently you have to use the "Rescan Account" option after importing your wallet words.
Mycelium uses a different derivation path (m/44'/0'/0'/0 AKA BIP44) so it doesn't work with MultiBit HD keys. I've only managed to find Breadwallet so far...

I tested using a multibit HD version 0.5.1 seed in mycelium and it didn't work. I hadn't checked mycelium's derivation path or the available options for restoring from seed until now.

This information from github must either be out of date, inaccurate, or I did something wrong.

https://github.com/keepkey/multibit-hd/issues/687

The addresses generated between Mycelium and MultiBit HD are the same for the Account 1.
Unfortunately there seem to be some optimisations in Mycelium that mean that they are not fully interoperable. Both Mycelium and MBHD have 'full rescans' where you (most likely) see everything but this is not practical for daily use.

This is the seed I used.

into forward amateur treat buddy grow coral fog tiger always stereo lens

It generated this additional datestamp 3056/49

These are the first 3 addresses it generated.

1Gvho6MYAYsftYG7BoQauErYf2SBSTpfAV

1BVjPuhUz8n2tpmtD2LCoLXwPZhQQdcaXT

17okta5nPVb5PPkWAacaz335aMpA2KAdbu

When testing the seed phrase in mycelium it asked "do you want to restore a backup or create a new wallet". I selected "restore backup" with a 12 words length word list. This is the first address it generated.

18QKtoFQKqaLrVyUHhPMpM4o1JwQBW7CAA

Mycelium lets you add an optional password to your seed phrase, so I tried restoring a new wallet by checking both the 12 words option and the "I have a passphrase" option, and using the 3056/49 datestamp as password. It generated this address.

19wg4dnpW5Jz19K2yWAmeYpDSWXMQqjMhN

Finally I tried using my multibit password "a" as a mycelium password, and it generated this address.

12j5iegPjaDTebJWWAs3sFc45tuDB64D7b

legendary
May 17, 2017, 03:06:56 PM
So I opted for Bread Wallet. Once it synced the two transactions show up as "unverified" and give the following id's:

e91404a42ea2b86a6f81fb674dd1e549fdcc8d4401529c1712d2d7d3c75e8e0d

09b7ce65b6a4136b31f53a356433b1594122e978fe356de23b9447c65985b9b1

Looks like they're back on the blockchain with the inital low (or 0) fees. Would you suggest closing the app and waiting it out once again?

Thanks for all your help,

I'm not sure what's the best thing to do. I tried the first transaction in the viabtc accelerator, but it said "acceleration failed" which is a message I don't think I have seen before. I have seen "submissions are beyond limit.", and "transaction doesn't exist", but not "acceleration failed".

I suppose it depends how urgently you want the situation resolved. If it's urgent and how are prepared to pay you could contact [email protected] and arrange to pay 0.01BTC to get each transaction confirmed using its paid service.
May 17, 2017, 08:20:26 AM
So I opted for Bread Wallet. Once it synced the two transactions show up as "unverified" and give the following id's:

e91404a42ea2b86a6f81fb674dd1e549fdcc8d4401529c1712d2d7d3c75e8e0d

09b7ce65b6a4136b31f53a356433b1594122e978fe356de23b9447c65985b9b1

Looks like they're back on the blockchain with the inital low (or 0) fees. Would you suggest closing the app and waiting it out once again?

Thanks for all your help,
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
May 17, 2017, 01:27:00 AM
A mycelium wallet running on an older android might also be able to import multibit wallet words. The quote below explains what to do, but I'm not sure if it works because I don't know of anyone who's tested it yet. Apparently you have to use the "Rescan Account" option after importing your wallet words.
Mycelium uses a different derivation path (m/44'/0'/0'/0 AKA BIP44) so it doesn't work with MultiBit HD keys. I've only managed to find Breadwallet so far...

I'm going to see if I can't modify my script a little to just start searching addresses generated from a given MultiBit HD seed and use a block explorer API to check for UTXOs... stopping after 100 unused addresses. I think it would be a lot faster than someone trying to copy and paste all the private keys from the BIP39 tool... and would mean that if someone had lost their mbhd.wallet.aes file and/or could not get it synced up to date for whatever reason... they could still get a list of their addresses with funds.
legendary
May 16, 2017, 09:46:32 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm unfortunately using Multibit HD, which doesn't seem to give you the option of exporting private keys.
Should I attempt my wallet seed phrase in Electrum?

A multibit seed phrase won't work properly in electrum, the same phrase generates different addresses in electrum compared to multibit.

The easiest solution is to install breadwallet on your phone and use your multibit seed in it. However you either need an iPhone, or a recent android phone. Breadwallet won't work on older androids.

If you choose to install breadwallet make sure you install the real one, there are fakes constantly appearing in app stores that will steal your Bitcoins.

edit: I tested using a myltibit HD seed in mycelium and it didn't work.

If you test it and it works please post the results here to help others in the same boat.

You could try installing Mycelium if your phone doesn't have the pre-reqs for bread wallet. You can use MultiBit HD wallet words in Mycelium, but according to these github posts you have to use Mycelium's "Rescan Account" option afterwards to get it to show your balance. Those github posts were made in 2014/2015, so if mycelium has been improved since you might be able to skip the "Rescan Account" step.

https://github.com/keepkey/multibit-hd/issues/687

The addresses generated between Mycelium and MultiBit HD are the same for the Account 1.
Unfortunately there seem to be some optimisations in Mycelium that mean that they are not fully interoperable. Both Mycelium and MBHD have 'full rescans' where you (most likely) see everything but this is not practical for daily use.

https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet/issues/142

I found my answer. "Rescan Account" option after selecting the account under accounts. Now I have all of account history back.

There's another more technical solution at the thread link below. If you try it make sure you install virtual box or vmware and run the offline webpage described in it inside a virtual machine. If you use a virtual machine any malicious code in it can't steal your coins. I don't think there is anything malicious about it but it's best to be safe than sorry.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multibit-restoring-wallet-not-working-reset-also-not-working-funds-stuck-1785575
May 16, 2017, 09:11:50 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm unfortunately using Multibit HD, which doesn't seem to give you the option of exporting private keys.
Should I attempt my wallet seed phrase in Electrum?
legendary
May 16, 2017, 08:15:16 PM
Are you using multibit classic or multibit HD?

Whatever you are using I would suggest switching off your internet connection before opening your wallet, then exporting the private key for the address containing Bitcoins from the wallet.

Afterwards you can install electrum and import the private key into it using these instructions.

http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-import-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients

Multibit classic doesn't pay high enough fees when the network's overloaded, like today. Multibit HD has some serious bugs in it.
May 16, 2017, 07:52:58 PM
Hello,

I had sent two transactions from my wallet (Multibit) to Polo last monday (May 8th).
Unfortunately, my wallet was out of date and it sent it with a low fee. My fault, I know.

After over a week they remained unconfirmed on blockchain.info. I had read that Multibit might keep rebroadcasting it so I closed it Friday night and kept watching the link on the blockchain. Finally today it said "No transactions found for this address" so I assumed my coins had been either been returned to my wallet or in my deposits at Polo. Unfortunately that isn't the case for either.

If I go to payments it still says sending and now I'm afraid I might have to go through the loop once more; although it isn't showing up on blockchain.info.

Here is the link I kept refreshing, which had two big red buttons saying "Unconfirmed Transaction" up until about 6 hours ago: https://blockchain.info/address/169kCEKrBvfWrsuuVbUyD3Aaf8FeUd6nZf?sort=0

Besides increasing my fee next time, which I know now to do, I would appreciate any advice on this matter.
I really just want to resend the coins. 8 days is painful.
Jump to: