Author

Topic: 9+ GPUs (Read 230 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
January 12, 2017, 05:43:17 PM
The usual consensus whenever this kind of threads pop up is that you'd very likely need to edit your BIOS.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 12, 2017, 05:09:54 PM
My question here has to do with the ability to get 8+ GPUs out of the MSI z97 gaming 5 motherboard on linux, ether ethOS or Ubuntu.

First and foremost to all the naysayers who think it is a bad idea, great, that's your opinion, it has been posted all over, would prefer to keep it out of here.

Has anybody had success with getting 8+ GPUs out of an MSI z97 gaming 5 board with a PCI splitter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ERXUEOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  I have done some research on google, just an hour or so and yes, I have found other boards that people suggest or say they have 8+ GPUs running on but nothing about this specific board.  I know it can be done on this board, just do not know how.  Not a whole lot out there outside of the mining community asking about this from looking around on the web, correct me if someone knows some sites.

Seems I dont need to do a whole lot of config in linux, but possibly in the bios on the board itself.  Also not sure if I need to up the memory on the board.  Not sure what more info is needed for this question so please ask and I can provide.

Thanks 
Jump to: