Author

Topic: 9% Of Americans 'Puzzled' And 'Confused' (Read 1026 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
March 26, 2015, 07:34:37 PM
So what? Show the same number of Americans the symbol of the Japanese Yen, or some book written in Russian, there will be as puzzled.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
99% of Indians can Puzzled about Bitcoin!!!
and northpole habitants ;p
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
....After they saw the Bitcoin Logo
http://bitforum.info/t/survey-says-9-of-americans-confused-about-bitcoin-logo/665

Do you think 9% is a little bit too small?
I think if I go to our public market with a bitcoin logo printed in my shirt and ask people around, I might get a 95% or even a hundred.
I dont know where you live but I conducted a small survey here and not a single person know what even bitcoin was.
Same here. Very few people I know in real life have heard of bitcoin, and the ones who have believe it is some evil currency for buying drugs on the deep web Sad They don't see the investment potential or the real uses of bitcoin. More for us I suppose.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
http://bitforum.info/t/survey-says-9-of-americans-confused-about-bitcoin-logo/665

I think if I go to our public market with a bitcoin logo printed in my shirt and ask people around, I might get a 95% or even a hundred.
I dont know where you live but I conducted a small survey here and not a single person know what even bitcoin was.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
There is no way only 9% of Americans are confused about what the BTC logo represents.
Hell, i would say more than 40% of Americans dont even know the name of the current Vice President.

I think the general lack of knowledge in this country is alarming. The worst of the worst, are the people who are actually proud about being ignorant...

As long as we all keep spreading the word about the massive benefits of crypto over fiat, its only a matter of time before the masses eventually "get it".
Activity: 462
I can draw your avatar!
Bitcoin has been in the news and the all time high had done some buzzing around.  So a lot of people have heard of it and seen the logo on tv when it was news worthy. At work, all my collegues knew about bitcoin without me telling them about it. So there is a lot of awareness, but not to many people actively support and use bitcoin. Most of them will not know anymore about bitcoin than that it is 'a ponzi scheme and internet money' not real in their eyes.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪
Please do read whole article and source article that contains actual survey results -> https://www.digitalcurrencycouncil.com/professional/how-does-the-bitcoin-logo-make-you-feel/ . "Confused" is one of tens different responses, another popular one was "no reaction". Most intriguing responses for me are "hungry", "scared" and "gangster"  Cool Hmm, maybe gangster wouldn't be so strange, but I can't find "drugs"  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
March 26, 2015, 02:00:29 PM
I wouldn't trust this kind of 'research'. In my opinion any data collected by asking 1000 people about something is borderline useless and can't be used as proof that Americans are not educated about bitcoin or anything really. It is just pure luck and randomness. Plus - this kind of social survey can be read in different ways - to prove different things really.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
March 26, 2015, 11:34:32 AM

They are not the only ones, i think the article actually meant 99% of Americans are confused and puzzled about the Bitcoin logo, why would they miss out 91% it doesn't make any sense unless they got figures wrong.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
March 26, 2015, 11:34:23 AM
if you wear that shirt, 100% will be puzzled if you're not holding a crackpipe
How often do you see someone with a dollar bill on their shirt? I'd be more baffled if he had  "buy government bonds, support your country!" written there.  Smiley

Not very often, but dollar shirts certainly do exist: http://www.cafepress.com/+dollar-bill+t-shirts
Activity: 616
March 26, 2015, 11:22:50 AM
Activity: 658
Small Red and Bad
March 26, 2015, 11:06:27 AM
How often do you see someone with a dollar bill on their shirt? I'd be more baffled if he had  "buy government bonds, support your country!" written there.  Smiley
Activity: 392
March 26, 2015, 10:50:07 AM
most ppl aren't into investing. they're into saving money though. so keep giving those ppl a reason to care about btc.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
March 26, 2015, 10:42:19 AM
I would expect it to be a lot higher too. Bitcoin has very few companies promoting it and they aren't big enough to afford prime time advertizing. The Bitcoin bowl was amazing but only reached a small segment of a regional population. I'm not even sure nethanderthal sports enthusiasts are really Bitcoin's target audience anyway. One big plus to large corporate proprietary inventions is the ability to advertise. Open source public projects need lots of time to spread via word of mouth and the occasional news story. If most of the news stories that do surface are a negative turnoff then you will need even more time for it to spread because now you need to defeat that negativity.
Activity: 392
March 26, 2015, 10:38:32 AM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 26, 2015, 10:27:37 AM

Jump to: