Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin used to finance ISIS. Governments to step in - page 3. (Read 878 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 16
Terrorist organizations are using euros, dollars and probably every other currency as well. So let's ban fiat altogether while we are at it?
Activity: 238
Merit: 109

Banning Bitcoin doesn't mean terrorism will end either. They have used cash in the past and have had little problems.

If anything, governments simply have to regulate.

Absolutely correct - and that was also what I initially wrote. I did not say anything about banning Bitcoin - I said governments will step in and regulate it. Just as they are regulating transfers of fiat.

I don't support North Koreas nuclear war program in any way.

Once again you are contradiction yourself - or simply lying.

Earlier today you wrote explicitly:

I don't mind if NK would help to sustain the Bitcoin Network.

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
Bitcoin can be used legitimately. The article itself graciously pointed this out. It's sad that it's being used for terror, but everything can be used for shady shit. Cars have been used to ram people over in terrorism in the past but that doesn't mean cars should be banned.

Banning Bitcoin doesn't mean terrorism will end either. They have used cash in the past and have had little problems. There's also this:

Prior to the invention of cryptocurrencies, there was another method used to transfer money anonymously that remains active today: the hawala network.

If anything, governments simply have to regulate. Bitcoin is still new and should be given a chance.
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
What are you doing here freightjoe ?
You don't have Bitcoin and you don't like Bitcoin, yet you have registered to a Bitcoin forum?

What is your point?

I am seeking the objective truth.

And as shown in another thread in here that has already led to you admitting that you are OK with paying money to North Korea's nuclear weapons as long as that helps your Bitcoin investment

'You are seeking the truth' means you didn't find it yet. Right. So you think you'll find your truth by telling everybody how bad Bitcoin really is?Huh

No freightjoe, you are obv.  lying about your motives and have no clue about Bitcoin and you are obv. not looking for 'the truth', but you are only here to spread FUD. If you are a paid shill or just a poor guy with a mental issue can not be answered by me. You should know.

I can see you are perfectly happy with your financial support of the North Korean nuclear program

I don't support North Koreas nuclear war program in any way. YOU are supporting North Korea by using FIAT (and probably their drugs, too)
You don't have Bitcoin and you don't like Bitcoin, yet you have registered to a Bitcoin forum?

What is your point?

And as shown in another thread in here that has already led to you admitting that you are OK with paying money to North Korea's nuclear weapons as long as that helps your Bitcoin investment

'You are seeking the truth' means you didn't find it yet. Right. So you think you'll find your truth by telling everybody how bad Bitcoin really is?Huh

No freightjoe, you are obv.  lying about your motives and have no clue about Bitcoin and you are obv. not looking for 'the truth', but you are only here to spread FUD. If you are a paid shill or just a poor guy with a mental issue can not be answered by me. You should know.

I can see you are perfectly happy with your financial support of the North Korean nuclear program
AGD
legendary

What is your point?

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
Guess what? Knives are being used to commit murder. Might aswell ban knives am I right?  Roll Eyes

What is your point?

AGD
legendary

What is your point?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I think you usually search negative part of the Bitcoin. Most of your polls are against Bitcoin... But, I agree what you mentioned here.
The key value proposition of Bitcoin is becoming clearer.

ISIS, and similar groups, are using it to fund their activities.

This is one of the key reasons why governments will step in and force regulation on Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies.

https://www.cfr.org/article/bitcoin-bombs

Pages:
Jump to: