Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! (Read 75532 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 55
Today at 07:47:37 PM
At this particular point, I really don't think it's logical to be timing the market now because as an investor that we are, our primary concern now should have been how much Bitcoin can we accumulate, so as not to be left behind? So if we decide to be timing the market, it's a complete waste of time, because the bull run can start anytime and you will start feeling regret for not buying and accumulating now that is the best time to buy, so in order not to be in that kind of space, it's best we utilize this opportunity by accumulating more Bitcoin through the DCA method regardless of the current price now, because the amount of Bitcoin in your possession will definitely define how profitable you are going be, during the bull season, and another thing we should not forget is, we should only be thinking long term, because it's only a long term holder will definitely reap the full dividend of his or her holdings.
Their is no need timing the market because it is not a way of making profit from the market because the market can't be predicted.  This is the time to buy as much as you can and wait till the bull market gives the kind of profit you want. Real investors don't time the market because they know they will definitely get what they want from the market.  Most people that have the habit of timing and predicting the market are just so desperate to make money quick.

Now that the price of bitcoin is low the goal is to buy more Bitcoin and hodl because it will surely yield more profit. When you believe in hodling their won't be any feeling of doubt of bitcoin.

Your expression really seems short term to me and portrays someone just buying cause of the bull run to take advantage of the trend which is not bad cause anyone can do what they want but its not the most appropriate approach to investing in bitcoin which should be long term and considered accumulating bitcoin for up to 4 years or longer to have a very good stash in bitcoin before thinking of selling bitcoin.

Timing the market is not advisable cause you can get lost and forget that the most Important thing is to actually buy and miss out on buying.
I won't try to tell you when best to buy but I think that everytime is a good time to buy bitcoin and not only when price is low, and that is why we advice to use the DCA strategy cause with that you are always buying bitcoin when price is low and high, the beauty of using DCA is that you worry less about volatility in the market and you don't have to time when best to buy cause you woudl always be buying.
Activity: 140
Merit: 92
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Today at 06:08:21 PM
Am still learning on this space, but let me throw in my opinion, for me I think at this point we don't need time the market,

Every low coiner has no business timing the market when it comes to long term plan, but rather utilize every buying opportunities, with your dca strategy you can buy irrespective of the market conditions, whether at low price or high price because you are buying with a fixed amount of money on different intervals, weekly or monthly, because at that stage your concern will be how you can be able to accumulate a reasonable amount of Bitcoin hence, timing the market wouldn't be necessary, rather you make plans as regards to maximizing your buying opportunities to whatever market conditions that will show it self.

Am still learning on this space, but let me throw in my opinion, for me I think at this point we don't need time the market, because no one knows when the bull will make its run, so as an Investor you just invest in this digital asset, then wait for the bull run , because the bull is a certainty just that we don't know when it will come , this is a type of investments you put on a long term, so you will have more profits,
But while Investing risk management strategies should be put in place too, just incase it doesn't go as predicted.

Talking about buying and waiting for a bull run describes more of a trading strategy for short term profits than investing, a long term investor are consistent in buying and they don't buy to wait for a bull run but they keep buying even at the bull run in oder to have a reasonable and meaningful amount of Bitcoin as regards to there investment goals and objectives.

Am still learning on this space, but let me throw in my opinion, for me I think at this point we don't need time the market, because no one knows when the bull will make its run, so as an Investor you just invest in this digital asset, then wait for the bull run , because the bull is a certainty just that we don't know when it will come , this is a type of investments you put on a long term, so you will have more profits,
But while Investing risk management strategies should be put in place too, just incase it doesn't go as predicted.

The reason why it is always advisable to only invest the amount you can afford to lose, so that you will not panic when things goes against your expectations, only invest the amount that you can be comfortable with.

Activity: 52
Merit: 27
Today at 05:26:48 PM
Wether they take quick profits or not Bitcoin still remains, it's all by choice and how we view from our perspective, each investor knows what's suitable and good for him because the needed funds used to invest was raised by him, despite all these happening, we only just advise investors to purchase/ keep on purchasing Bitcoin, restrain from selling and continue to hold for the long run in order to maximize the profits and store this wealth for a longer time.

Emergency funds are compulsory units in the process of accumulating Bitcoin that should not be neglected, life is full of unforseen circumstances that may come either at the appropriate time when funds is surplus or not, during this point in time a persons emergency funds will step in to resolve that issue instead of altering one's investment portfolio just to solve the need.
But unfortunately, not many Bitcoin investors can determine when they will take their profits. Many of them cannot wait patiently for the price of Bitcoin to increase very high. Most of them are still consumed by the issues raised by unclear news.

If you been in bitcoin since your forum registration date of August 2016, then surely it is possible that you have accumulated enough BTC, yet to me, you sound like you are looking at bitcoin like a trader, and you are ultimately likely to be ending up selling too many BTC too soon, because you do not recognize and appreciate that long term investing and building wealth takes time, and when you get there, you are likely able to recognize an ability to start to make withdrawals... but yeah, if you are fucking around and trying to figure out when to sell in order to buy back cheaper, then you are playing a different game, and you are likely going to have fun staying poor because you are selling too many BTC too soon instead of having a plan that ultimately results in being able to either engage in sustainable withdrawal practices or raking practices. Raking practices can usually be started quite a bit before sustainable withdrawal practices, but guys can come to differing conclusions in regards to employing such practices.

Indeed he sounded like an investor whose intentions are for trading because I see no connection between long term holding and the possible way of taking profit, though I may not know his own definition of holding but in terms of his statement above he is obviously mistaken holding for trading, however your explanation to him is very clear and understandable so the early he takes another turn on his Bitcoin method of investment the better for him because it is believed that so many investors have shattered their investment do to a possible way they feel they can navigate into getting a quicker profits.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 579
Today at 05:12:36 PM
But unfortunately, not all of them can do it. Lack of budget is the most common problem that thwarts accumulation plans for every investor, they also don't need to force themselves to get a budget by any means just because they want to accumulate on dip. You can accumulate at any time as long as you have a budget, but I don't think you should force it.

Consider that you still need a lot of money to meet your daily, weekly and monthly needs. In fact, you still have to consider unexpected costs, bills and so on, so there's nothing you need to force even if the price is being corrected.
Investors who are targeting buying on dips certainly already have a budget of funds that they have saved from the initial investment planning that they implemented. Indeed, sometimes many people miss the moment to buy dips because they don't have the budget at that time. But if they routinely accumulate bitcoin every week I think it is more appropriate than implementing a buy on dips plan that targets a 50% decline.

In fact, the need for a budget for living needs of course doesn't bother anyone in the investments they make. because we have to go back to the initial planning where if we are able to budget 10% of our salary for Bitcoin investment, of course we will no longer be stressed for the needs of daily life. 10% is quite reasonable for invested funds, even many of them budget 15% for their investment budget.

Bitcoin investment, you have to mention it in detail so that it can be understood by many people. If you are a beginner, you must practice DCA in bitcoin investment. You don't need to worry about the price because DCA doesn't look at the price when you accumulate Bitcoin. learn slowly and invest normally without any pressure on your budget.

the beauty of the DCA concept is that you have set aside your money every month with the same amount without you needing to sell back to meet your needs, your monthly income example is $100 then you determine to set aside $30 every month for buying bitcoin every month in a few years or certain time interval.
DCA is the best, everyone likes it because our target is long-term investment, so DCA is the most reliable strategy.
Activity: 994
Merit: 140
Today at 04:02:33 PM
This happens to investors who don't take the proper steps before they start accumulating bitcoin. Investors should always make provisions for emergency funds that will allow them to solve any unforeseen problems at any time.
when you apply the DCA method or concept in your Bitcoin investment, you will definitely put the money you have into several parts, so the DCA concept is the most recommended for their who decide to invest in Bitcoin with a certain time interval.  Remember that only fools do not set aside their money to meet their daily needs but buy investment assets.

Secondly, we shouldn't invest all of our money in bitcoin so that we can have enough money left to cover our expenses, and we will not depend on our bitcoin to solve our problems.
the beauty of the DCA concept is that you have set aside your money every month with the same amount without you needing to sell back to meet your needs, your monthly income example is $100 then you determine to set aside $30 every month for buying bitcoin every month in a few years or certain time interval.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Today at 03:24:23 PM
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1123
Today at 02:54:03 PM
-snip-

Now that the price of bitcoin is low the goal is to buy more Bitcoin and hodl because it will surely yield more profit. When you believe in hodling their won't be any feeling of doubt of bitcoin.
But unfortunately, not all of them can do it. Lack of budget is the most common problem that thwarts accumulation plans for every investor, they also don't need to force themselves to get a budget by any means just because they want to accumulate on dip. You can accumulate at any time as long as you have a budget, but I don't think you should force it.

Consider that you still need a lot of money to meet your daily, weekly and monthly needs. In fact, you still have to consider unexpected costs, bills and so on, so there's nothing you need to force even if the price is being corrected.

By the way, bitcoin fell by 3.6% in the last 24 hours. This may be the time to do some accumulation if you have a budget.
Activity: 252
Merit: 157
Today at 01:41:28 PM
Emergencies can occur at any time so we are required to make every effort to overcome them, including sacrificing the investments we make.
For example, health or education problems are problems that cannot be tolerated when you need money immediately.
I don't think it's a problem or a fear for us not to start investing, problems that occur unexpectedly in life are a normal thing in my opinion, and I never thought it would be a reason for us not being able to succeed in investing.

This is different from people who are unable to meet their daily needs, such people certainly will not think about investing.
Investments are only made by people who have more money than they can use and the better option is to invest compared to saving.

Is very wrong to have this kind of mindset as someone who wants to invest on Bitcoin because those are factors that can easily hinder your interest on Bitcoin investment because immediately you have this believe your investment mindset will immediately change which will possibly make your investment journey very unstable because you have already giving yourself a mindset that if anything such as health issues arises your investment becomes the solution,  perhaps this was the reason why the discussion of reserve funds and emergency funds arises because it is already believe that as the accumulation of Bitcoin continues there is always other needs and it could be anything so you as an investor should be able to manage yourself to cover those needs without tampering on your Bitcoin investment.
Activity: 560
Merit: 161
Today at 01:36:47 PM
At this particular point, I really don't think it's logical to be timing the market now because as an investor that we are, our primary concern now should have been how much Bitcoin can we accumulate, so as not to be left behind? So if we decide to be timing the market, it's a complete waste of time, because the bull run can start anytime and you will start feeling regret for not buying and accumulating now that is the best time to buy, so in order not to be in that kind of space, it's best we utilize this opportunity by accumulating more Bitcoin through the DCA method regardless of the current price now, because the amount of Bitcoin in your possession will definitely define how profitable you are going be, during the bull season, and another thing we should not forget is, we should only be thinking long term, because it's only a long term holder will definitely reap the full dividend of his or her holdings.
Their is no need timing the market because it is not a way of making profit from the market because the market can't be predicted.  This is the time to buy as much as you can and wait till the bull market gives the kind of profit you want. Real investors don't time the market because they know they will definitely get what they want from the market.  Most people that have the habit of timing and predicting the market are just so desperate to make money quick.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1818
Today at 01:22:41 PM

I agree with you a lot Princess but I don’t agree with you about shitcoins not having a future, the way you sound right now makes me believe you think all other coins aside Bitcoin are shitcoins.

Actually, aren't they? Shitcoins are shit. Whether they have been shit for a while, or new . Why is Bitcoin so different from shitcoin?
Here's why.
 Bitcoin has value because it can be exchanged for and used in place of fiat currency, but it maintains a high exchange rate primarily because it is in demand by investors interested in the possibility of returns. . Emphasis on the last part.
Bitcoin can easily be traded for cash or assets like gold - instantly and with incredibly low fees. This makes Bitcoin a great investment for people looking for short-term profit, as well as those considering long-term investment due to its high market demand. The total number of BTC ever to be in existence is capped at 21 million. This scarcity creates a sense of value and exclusivity, similar to precious metals like gold. Insofar as the demand for Bitcoin increases over time, the limited supply acts as a catalyst, driving its price higher  and higher, do you get that?

Bitcoin (BTC)
Market cap
$1.30 Trillion
Current price
$66.221
Shitcoin 1(ETH)
Market cap
$390 Billion
Current price
$3,254
ShitCoin2 (BNB)
Market cap
$86.3 Billion
Current price
$577

Shitcoin 3(SOL)
Market cap
$69 Billion
Current price
$154.53

Investing in shitcoins is simply gambling. Shouldn't be referred to as investment.  If you didn't get it, read it again. Any and every coin that isn't Bitcoin is shitty. Bitcoin has proven to be the one and only time and time again.

That's actually not the right explanation on what makes a shitcoin a shitcoin. Or it's probably just people having different definitions on what shitcoins actually are. BUT if you ask me, shitcoins are those networks that have incentive structures that don't make sense. They may be sort of working today, but that doesn't mean there isn't an attack vector that could be exploited tomorrow.

Those coins that you have in your list all use Proof of Stake. That itself makes POS networks open to attack vectors that could originate from flaws in its incentive-structure.

Actually, you're right, but then aren't they shitcoins though? I made a list of the 'top' shitcoins behind Bitcoin. Not implying that market cap is what makes a coin shitty, but there's that though, to some extent.

In the end, they're all shitcoins, regardless of your definition of the term, Reason being that all and every coin besides Bitcoin is shitty, given that there doesn't exist any coin now that's a btc alternative.

Ethereum, before they converted their network to POS, had a large network of miners that secured their blockchain to "maybe" not deserve to be called it a shitcoin. But after the switch, which they threw the best part of their network out of the window, then it became a shitcoin. That's merely from my personal definition. POS coins are shitcoins, and their community should probably research, discuss, and debate about the incentive-structure of POS and how the game-theory is different from POW blockchains, and probably why it doesn't actually work. But I'm the stupid one, they can make a straw man and gaslight me.
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
Today at 12:32:26 PM
Edited
Those investors should not to be taken seriously considering that they will always run to sell of part of their holding to solve problems. This set of people cannot successfully hold bitcoin for a full circle. Don't make investment when you cannot feed yourself and take care of your basic needs without turning to their investment. When we do invest, turning to our investment to solve problems should totally be out of the equation.
Emergencies can occur at any time so we are required to make every effort to overcome them, including sacrificing the investments we make.
For example, health or education problems are problems that cannot be tolerated when you need money immediately.
I don't think it's a problem or a fear for us not to start investing, problems that occur unexpectedly in life are a normal thing in my opinion, and I never thought it would be a reason for us not being able to succeed in investing.

This is different from people who are unable to meet their daily needs, such people certainly will not think about investing.
Investments are only made by people who have more money than they can use and the better option is to invest compared to saving.
You can set aside an amount every month (when you get salary) for emergencies and through this future needs can be solved. Regardless of your medical or natural problems. Divide it in the form of a percentage of your extra monthly sum (after daily needs)so that you can oblige. This amount should cover 3-6 months of household expenses so that future investment funds are protected. Your investment success is related to your proper planning. However, this method of buying or DCA is the beginning of a successful Bitcoin investment, especially for beginners. But if you have a relatively medium-sized investment, you should prepare an investment plan for emergency situations as well. And the investment must be long-term so that you can take your desired investment success.
Activity: 252
Merit: 124
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Today at 11:40:56 AM
Wether they take quick profits or not Bitcoin still remains, it's all by choice and how we view from our perspective, each investor knows what's suitable and good for him because the needed funds used to invest was raised by him, despite all these happening, we only just advise investors to purchase/ keep on purchasing Bitcoin, restrain from selling and continue to hold for the long run in order to maximize the profits and store this wealth for a longer time.

Emergency funds are compulsory units in the process of accumulating Bitcoin that should not be neglected, life is full of unforseen circumstances that may come either at the appropriate time when funds is surplus or not, during this point in time a persons emergency funds will step in to resolve that issue instead of altering one's investment portfolio just to solve the need.
But there are also investors who use some of their Bitcoin to meet their emergency needs because their emergency funds cannot cover them. This is understandable because we often experience emergency needs that we must fulfill immediately.
This happens to investors who don't take the proper steps before they start accumulating bitcoin. Investors should always make provisions for emergency funds that will allow them to solve any unforeseen problems at any time. Secondly, we shouldn't invest all of our money in bitcoin so that we can have enough money left to cover our expenses, and we will not depend on our bitcoin to solve our problems.
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
Today at 09:50:43 AM

I agree with you a lot Princess but I don’t agree with you about shitcoins not having a future, the way you sound right now makes me believe you think all other coins aside Bitcoin are shitcoins.

Actually, aren't they? Shitcoins are shit. Whether they have been shit for a while, or new . Why is Bitcoin so different from shitcoin?
Here's why.
 Bitcoin has value because it can be exchanged for and used in place of fiat currency, but it maintains a high exchange rate primarily because it is in demand by investors interested in the possibility of returns. . Emphasis on the last part.
Bitcoin can easily be traded for cash or assets like gold - instantly and with incredibly low fees. This makes Bitcoin a great investment for people looking for short-term profit, as well as those considering long-term investment due to its high market demand. The total number of BTC ever to be in existence is capped at 21 million. This scarcity creates a sense of value and exclusivity, similar to precious metals like gold. Insofar as the demand for Bitcoin increases over time, the limited supply acts as a catalyst, driving its price higher  and higher, do you get that?

Bitcoin (BTC)
Market cap
$1.30 Trillion
Current price
$66.221
Shitcoin 1(ETH)
Market cap
$390 Billion
Current price
$3,254
ShitCoin2 (BNB)
Market cap
$86.3 Billion
Current price
$577

Shitcoin 3(SOL)
Market cap
$69 Billion
Current price
$154.53

Investing in shitcoins is simply gambling. Shouldn't be referred to as investment.  If you didn't get it, read it again. Any and every coin that isn't Bitcoin is shitty. Bitcoin has proven to be the one and only time and time again.

That's actually not the right explanation on what makes a shitcoin a shitcoin. Or it's probably just people having different definitions on what shitcoins actually are. BUT if you ask me, shitcoins are those networks that have incentive structures that don't make sense. They may be sort of working today, but that doesn't mean there isn't an attack vector that could be exploited tomorrow.

Those coins that you have in your list all use Proof of Stake. That itself makes POS networks open to attack vectors that could originate from flaws in its incentive-structure.
Actually, you're right, but then aren't they shitcoins though? I made a list of the 'top' shitcoins behind Bitcoin. Not implying that market cap is what makes a coin shitty, but there's that though, to some extent.
In the end, they're all shitcoins, regardless of your definition of the term, Reason being that all and every coin besides Bitcoin is shitty, given that there doesn't exist any coin now that's a btc alternative.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Today at 09:43:39 AM
For emergency funds, it is best to separate it from investing in Bitcoin so that it does not interfere with our investment plans. But there are also investors who use some of their Bitcoin to meet their emergency needs because their emergency funds cannot cover them. This is understandable because we often experience emergency needs that we must fulfill immediately.
Those investors should not to be taken seriously considering that they will always run to sell of part of their holding to solve problems. This set of people cannot successfully hold bitcoin for a full circle. Don't make investment when you cannot feed yourself and take care of your basic needs without turning to their investment. When we do invest, turning to our investment to solve problems should totally be out of the equation.

I may not fully agree to this that investment is only made by people who have more money than they can use,  reason because investment is a state of the mind for many have what it take but could not invest based on their mindset investment is all about planning, it is very difficult for any one who has not plan to come into decision making of   investing even when the money is there, likely also to those who invested and can't allow the investment to get to the required stage due to the demand of profit as emergency fund as their capital is invested together with emergency fund is lack of planing because good investor with well plan can sort out all this issue before entering into the contract if investing no body wake up and jump into something that he has no idea it, the inability to know and plan can leads to failure even when the money is there.

Activity: 224
Merit: 195
Today at 09:29:03 AM
They will panic and make decisions without thinking twice. They cannot find more information about the situation that is happening so that they make instant decisions. For those who can still be patient, they can see when they can sell their Bitcoin and take the profit.

Sure.. so what.. there are people who overinvest, and they don't know how to treat bitcoin like a long term investment rather than worrying about playing the price waves.  Those are temptations that each of us have to overcome in terms of putting practices into place in which we make sure that we have long term accumulation plans that don't necessarily involve selling until after we might have already created a decently sized BTC stash.

Yeah of course you are right because one of the factors that courses such panicking is over investment which could sometimes caused by fear of losing out buying opportunities because this factor has propelled numerous investors especially the new ones who doesn't have a good knowledge of investment to get into trouble on the long run, actually being consistent on accumulating Bitcoin is very important but with the length at which most investors are going about it is actually wrong because whenever they see a buying opportunity they tend to invest everything they have at that moment and later they will start having some difficulties taking care of themselves and from their all they will be doing is monitoring the price of Bitcoin and of course it will surely result to a serious panicking which can even results that investor selling his investment.

So actually most of the failure of investment is caused by greed and poor planning because an investor who has a clear vision of holding will never be clouded by greed of taking advantage of any opportunity because his target is for a long term holding and to remain sustainable their most be some measures and limits so that his investment will never be affected on the process.
I believe if we have been talking here about things, approach to a safe investment has been often deliberated on, anyone who fails to proceed correctly having gone through this thread is left to face the outcome. Talking lamely about investment, It is frowned upon to invest what is very essential and vital for our survival even if it is something worth investing but the question should be, is it possible to face the repercussions when it calls for the demand of those vitals resources being invested. Same goes to Bitcoin, our funds are the vital assets that basically controls everything, our investment, our survival, emergency/reserve funds and when it is poorly shared or managed, we are bound to face the repercussions which can lead to tampering our investment, knowing this as a wrong approach we are to consider applying the right approach by investing in percentage of our income in a suitable and convenient approach that it doesn't affect us in any way, not doing more than our financial status all in the name of catching the DIP, It is extremely wrong just as you as well pointed out.
Activity: 154
Merit: 107
Today at 05:28:14 AM
I don't have a problem when people who have gotten to their maturity date in bitcoin investment decide to sell part of their bitcoin, provided they are not going to sell off everything and have no bitcoin in their possession. But selling off your bitcoin possession due to panic and uncertainties is really a bad thing and there is no profitability in that. Know it fully well that there are those who specializes in spreading fud so that market will go down paving the way for institutional buyers to come in and buy bitcoin cheaply.
But i do have a problem with that. As a potential investor the length of time we hold our Bitcoin before selling, the more chance Bitcoins price has to increase in value aligning with the idea of long term investment. Investment maturity of 2 - 4 years in Bitcoin in my opinion is not comfortable for me to sell. If you have the privilege's of owning 1 Bitcoin or any amount of Bitcoin why choose to sell?. Anyone considering to sell there Bitcoin should think twice before selling. Because big companies are into Bitcoin investment after the ETF approval and the circulation supply of Bitcoin is low that it cannot be available four everyone, once an investor choose to sell, there big companies are waiting to steal it from such investor and it will be difficult as well as it will take a long time to get back that amount of Bitcoin again.

We all know how it wasn't easy when we started accumulating our Bitcoin, going through bumpy ride, no matter how high and how low the price goes we maintained consistency because of the reason why we originally decide to buy bitcoin and that same reason made us HODL. Selling to take 10% of profit is okay but selling off my bitcoin is something i would never do at least not today.

Infarct most of these investors sell their Bitcoin profit to fiat and start holding fiat which is quite not ideal to me.
Activity: 182
Merit: 109
Today at 04:53:03 AM
For emergency funds, it is best to separate it from investing in Bitcoin so that it does not interfere with our investment plans. But there are also investors who use some of their Bitcoin to meet their emergency needs because their emergency funds cannot cover them. This is understandable because we often experience emergency needs that we must fulfill immediately.

That is more of the reasons why you as an investor, you definitely need a robust emergency fund, an emergency funds that can sustain you for the least three months, because aside emergency funds, you must have a monthly or weekly source of income to keep you afloat in your daily lives, without having to fall back to your emergency funds at any slit opportunity, because to me, emergency funds is meant for health or any other pressing issues that is out of your control that can't wait to be sorted out month ending.

But if your problem is still on the level of fending for your daily needs, then I am quite sure that, it's not the best time to invest, because since you can't even afford your daily needs properly, you will definitely eat your investment bit by bit till it finally collapse, when faced with a pressing financial needs, so the best way to have a stable investment is investing with a money with you can do away without for a very long time, not a money you need for survival in a short while.
Activity: 294
Merit: 267
Baba God Noni
Today at 04:46:23 AM
This is why one must have an emergency funds available in other to take care of whatever emergency that arises during your bitcoin accumulation phase. A new investor that does not have his emergency funds ready, should not think of investing at all, until he have built up his emergency funds up to 3-6 months, that is when his investment in bitcoin will go smoothly, using DCA method regularly. What is the essence of you investing without an emergency funds, when you know that emergency funds is a back up plan to healthy bitcoin investment practice.

Why it is not good to sell your bitcoin for any emergency is because when the emergency arises, it might be that bitcoin price is at the dip, and because you didn't plan for unforseen circumstances in future, you will sell at lost. Only that can discourage that person from investing again, because he lacks financial management on his funds. We are not suppose to have only emergency funds, but we are to also have a reserve funds and float, to take care of any little expenses so that we don't start deeping hands in our emergency funds when it is not necessary. Like what @JJG said, investors who are close to their entry-level 'fuck you status' can use their bitcoin investment for their emergency funds, because they have reached the level that they take profit once a monthly to build up their emergency funds.

When you don't have an emergency funds, and a problem occur, you sell part of your bitcoin for that problem at loss due to the price of bitcoin at that moment, at as when the problem occurred. I am sorry, you might not succeed in your bitcoin investment if you continue like that, because you are always running at loss. This is why no emergency funds..no investment.

People who cannot meet up with their daily needs cannot invest in bitcoin, only if they look for other means of income to increase their overall income, so that they can have a discretionary income which can be put into bitcoin investment.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Today at 04:31:07 AM

But unfortunately, not many Bitcoin investors can determine when they will take their profits. Many of them cannot wait patiently for the price of Bitcoin to increase very high. Most of them are still consumed by the issues raised by unclear news.

They will panic and make decisions without thinking twice. They cannot find more information about the situation that is happening so that they make instant decisions. For those who can still be patient, they can see when they can sell their Bitcoin and take the profit.
I don't have a problem when people who have gotten to their maturity date in bitcoin investment decide to sell part of their bitcoin, provided they are not going to sell off everything and have no bitcoin in their possession. But selling off your bitcoin possession due to panic and uncertainties is really a bad thing and there is no profitability in that. Know it fully well that there are those who specializes in spreading fud so that market will go down paving the way for institutional buyers to come in and buy bitcoin cheaply.

This is supposed to be what we aim for since it should be nice for us to do some good decision in regards on our holdings since once we reached on its maturity date or target date when to sell then we supposed to do some actions. If people are already fine with figures they see and they are ready to sell then for me its fine since that is the target we set and as long as we gain profit then everything is good out our end. But after those profit taking we should do our next plan since its good to repeat this investment since we already see a lot of good thing happen and its been tested for many years that bitcoin is really a good investment for long term that's why if we want to be happy and gaining for something in future then I guess its good to have good start again on bitcoin then do DCA again to gain profit for next 4 - 10 year cycle again.

Selling our bitcoins out of panic will never bring any positive result to us that's why its important for us to know certain changes that might happen on the market so that it can strengthen up our believes that this good cycle will continue to occur for more years of existence of bitcoin. So if they continue gain knowledge for sure they will never get affected by any fuds but rather they will focus to build up their portfolio and how to be more successful in future by help continuous accumulation and proper execution of their DCA strategy.
Activity: 812
Merit: 252
Today at 03:45:22 AM

Pages:
Jump to: