Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! (Read 68681 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 55
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Today at 11:53:42 AM
Plus plebs like me who are just starting during this cycle should be with an attitude that any "life-changing" amounts of money can't be earned in merely one cycle. For the 90% of us participating in Bitcoin Land, it will probably take three bull cycles, or probably more. Plus to those people who are willing to risk it by participating in some shitcoinery, do it where the market is denominated in Bitcoin. Do it in Bitcon eFi, it might be one of the biggest narratives during this cycle.
well, it depends on how much you've been able to gather at the end of each circle and whether or not your goal is to gather as much as is needed to ensure you don't necessarily have to work once you've sold off your holding. It's good we make it plain that the reason why you're accumulating or investing in Bitcoin will not be the same reason why the next person is doing his and this will go a long way in shaping how he goes about with his investment and how long he desires to hold and remain in profit before selling his holding. For a young guy who's receiving some stipends from his parent while in school and decides to put them into doing regular DCAing once the money comes in, he can decide to work with just investing for a single circle or two circles and take out the proceeds of his investment into starting an entrepreneurial business of his own and as long as that's his purpose of investing in Bitcoin and that he has archived that purpose, then he has made a good investment journey.

I know that generally speaking, what puts you at a better profit margin is basically how long you're able to continue stacking and how much you've been able to stack within such period of time but if the resources are available, a guy can use two circles to stack way more than what another person will be able to stack within four to six circles if the latter use a DCA amount that's not big enough so in essence, it's not just about staying too long that gives you good profit out of your investment, it is actually accumulating as much as you can within a stipulated time frame and then selling when you've reached your investment. If you've reached your goal by just accumulating within a single circle or two, you will still be in profit and if you can still go longer and continue accumulating along the way, it will still put you at a good advantage.

IMO I think it's also possible to live off bitcoin rather just selling off all your holdings unless for a good reason, you know bitcoin is also one of the best asset compared to others, like real estate when one has reached a fuck you status in real estate he could be getting a monthly dividend of above 5000$(just an estimate and this depends on how much he has in properties), and this is also achievable too with bitcoin, have you considered studying Jay's sustainable withdrawal method, that's what I've been currently reading at my leisure time and I think you should too, cause I don't think bitcoin is an asset that anyone should be thinking of selling of so easily or just mere because of profits, yeah this would have been a lame idea if bitcoin can not be passed down to other generations but that is possible and doing this shouldn't even be a problem for us cause we are investing with money that we don't need and wouldn't miss even if the plan don't fare well.
Activity: 322
Merit: 330
Today at 11:28:03 AM
There is a lot of risk and short term hold in the market, but I would say it is best for beginners to invest in Bitcoin. Because there is no possibility of losing money if you invest in Bitcoin, because the money of all investors who have invested for a long time is safe. So if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies and want to keep your assets safe then it is better to choose Bitcoin.
If we give people this affirmative assertion about investment in Bitcoin, it can do a lot of damages in their psychology which will affect them on the long run. Some of the dangers of giving this kind of assurance about Bitcoin investment are:
  • It might make them take unnecessary risks such as borrowing money to invest in Bitcoin with the intention of paying back with the expected profits
  • It will lead to complacency and over confident and this could lead to irrational decisions
  • When newbies have this mindset, there are chances they might become tired when the expected profits is not forthcoming, in this situation, you never can tell what they will do with their investment
We have to tell people the proper information which is that their risk associated to every investment and Bitcoin is no exception. Just that the risk of Bitcoin investment is drastically reduced when the investment is made with "4-10years" maturity target, this not being a fixed number, just an honest estimate

So if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies and want to keep your assets safe then it is better to choose Bitcoin.
Why not simply use Bitcoin instead of mentioning cryptocurrency which somehow lump Bitcoin together with the numerous shitcoins? Many people have used the terms cryptocurrency to lure unsuspecting people into their scam project that end up making even Bitcoin appear bad. So, to avoid confusion and since we are discussing Bitcoin investment here, we should limit our choice of words to Bitcoin. I hope you get my point?
Activity: 266
Merit: 276
Today at 10:59:03 AM
Plus plebs like me who are just starting during this cycle should be with an attitude that any "life-changing" amounts of money can't be earned in merely one cycle. For the 90% of us participating in Bitcoin Land, it will probably take three bull cycles, or probably more. Plus to those people who are willing to risk it by participating in some shitcoinery, do it where the market is denominated in Bitcoin. Do it in Bitcon DeFi, it might be one of the biggest narratives during this cycle.
well, it depends on how much you've been able to gather at the end of each circle and whether or not your goal is to gather as much as
I know that generally speaking, what puts you at a better profit margin is basically how long you're able to continue stacking and how much you've been able to stack within such period of time but if the resources are available, a guy can use two circles to stack way more than what another person will be able to stack within four to six circles if the latter use a DCA amount that's not big enough so in essence, it's not just about staying too long that gives you good profit out of your investment, it is actually accumulating as much as you can within a stipulated time frame and then selling when you've reached your investment. If you've reached your goal by just accumulating within a single circle or two, you will still be in profit and if you can still go longer and continue accumulating along the way, it will still put you at a good advantage.
Don't be so sure. If you stack a lot of bitcoins maybe when the price was low that would make you have a lot of bitcoins which if holed for long would give lots of profit. Now the thing is it is not by how much you have accumulated that would certain the amount of profit. What give you a better profit is how long you are willing to hold the little or much bitcoin you have bought. For example, when bitcoin was below 2$ earlier adopters bought bitcoin, some bought multiple while some only buy some few like 1 or 2. If the investor who bought about 20 bitcoins sold 2 years later and the one who bought 1 or 2 never sold till today. The investors who had the least bitcoin would be on a greater profit than the one who had bought more. Just so you know that the best way to gain massive profit is buy never selling your bitcoin yet, whether it is a fraction, whole or multiple just try and hold it for long.
Activity: 574
Merit: 287
Today at 10:10:00 AM
Those who are ready to invest new time should know that it is better to invest their capital in a place where the probability of loss is very low. Newbies are greedy for money and invest in Shitcoins. There is a lot of risk and short term hold in the market, but I would say it is best for beginners to invest in Bitcoin. Because there is no possibility of losing money if you invest in Bitcoin, because the money of all investors who have invested for a long time is safe. So if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies and want to keep your assets safe then it is better to choose Bitcoin.
It's true, Bitcoin is a better investment asset than shitcoins. Because it's no longer a secret that shitcoins can experience their prices dropping to zero. This is because shitcoins have a centralized system and control is held by the coin's creator. So, if for example the coin maker took all the liquidity of the coin, then the price of the coin could become zero. So shitcoins are best avoided. Because investing in shitcoins can be dangerous and detrimental. So if you want to invest, it's better to just invest in Bitcoin. Because apart from the information you mentioned, if we invest in Bitcoin, we don't need to worry about its liquidity being taken by its creator. The reason is that the creator of bitcoin (Satoshi), most likely will not do that. Therefore, investing in bitcoin is indeed a very appropriate step. Because it is very likely that bitcoin will never touch zero, even though bad conditions occur in the bitcoin market.

And besides that, I also believe Bitcoin users/investors will continue to increase every year. Therefore, everything can be seen from price movements in one cycle or every 4 years which continue to experience very significant growth. For example, a few weeks ago the price of Bitcoin touched its new ATH, even though the bitcoin halving or bull market had not yet arrived. So with these facts we can see that the number of bitcoin investors is increasing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 112
Today at 09:23:26 AM
Those who are ready to invest new time should know that it is better to invest their capital in a place where the probability of loss is very low.
There is no basis for saying, that there is no risk of losing investment in Bitcoin. Investing in Bitcoin does not guarantee your capital. But the investment risk at Bitcoin is relatively low. Beginners can expect a realistic outcome of their capital by starting DCAing (Security of Money's).Think of long-term investment in this.

Newbies are greedy for money and invest in Shitcoins. There is a lot of risk and short term hold in the market, but I would say it is best for beginners to invest in Bitcoin. Because there is no possibility of losing money if you invest in Bitcoin, because the money of all investors who have invested for a long time is safe. So if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies and want to keep your assets safe then it is better to choose Bitcoin.
Everyone has a weakness for money, but you could have without using the word greedy.I need to reiterate that you cannot guarantee that you will not lose your money on Bitcoin investments. Any situation can arise in the money market especially Bitcoin.
while I will agree with you that nothing is too perfect to the extent that things can't go wrong, I feel the reason why he might have suggested that investing into Bitcoin won't put you in loss is that if you've looked at the past Bitcoin price chats, apart from those that might have been impatient with thier investment or that where too obsessed with the idea of trading, investing into Bitcoin has proven to be void of loss overtime and I can join him to still draw a similar conclusion that investing into Bitcoin  has little or no probability of giving you a loss of you're patient enough with your Bitcoin.

If a newbie starts buying now, within the next two years or so, there is at least 80% probability of finding himself in a profit region and what would just be a major consideration he has to look into will be to ascertain if the amount of profit he has attained is in line with his Bitcoin accumulation goal or if he has bought enough quantity of Bitcoin within such space of time. It's okay to let newbies know that investing into Bitcoin isn't a get rich quick scheme and certainly not the only route from poverty but while we tell them of some of the shortcomings that will give them a balance mentality while investing, it's also good we tell them the other brighter side of the journey which is that if they are able to invest long enough, they will be in profit. And the truth is that no one wants to get into loss at the end of his investment and so if you constantly feed newbies with the negatives of Bitcoin investments, they might not be emotionally strong to handle it and might just be after not getting into loss which will put them in a situation to always sell off their holding whenever they are in a slightest profit.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Today at 07:19:27 AM
Those who are ready to invest new time should know that it is better to invest their capital in a place where the probability of loss is very low.
There is no basis for saying, that there is no risk of losing investment in Bitcoin. Investing in Bitcoin does not guarantee your capital. But the investment risk at Bitcoin is relatively low. Beginners can expect a realistic outcome of their capital by starting DCAing (Security of Money's).Think of long-term investment in this.

Newbies are greedy for money and invest in Shitcoins. There is a lot of risk and short term hold in the market, but I would say it is best for beginners to invest in Bitcoin. Because there is no possibility of losing money if you invest in Bitcoin, because the money of all investors who have invested for a long time is safe. So if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies and want to keep your assets safe then it is better to choose Bitcoin.
Everyone has a weakness for money, but you could have without using the word greedy.I need to reiterate that you cannot guarantee that you will not lose your money on Bitcoin investments. Any situation can arise in the money market especially Bitcoin.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Today at 05:47:05 AM
Those who are ready to invest new time should know that it is better to invest their capital in a place where the probability of loss is very low. Newbies are greedy for money and invest in Shitcoins. There is a lot of risk and short term hold in the market, but I would say it is best for beginners to invest in Bitcoin. Because there is no possibility of losing money if you invest in Bitcoin, because the money of all investors who have invested for a long time is safe. So if you want to invest in cryptocurrencies and want to keep your assets safe then it is better to choose Bitcoin.
They can find time to start investing by learning about it. Without doing that, they won't find the right time. Even if they are beginners in investing, they can find moments when investing.

They have to pay attention to how much money they can use to start investing. Otherwise, they will have difficulty persisting in investing. They must also be able to anticipate the possibility of losing money investing in Bitcoin, especially if the price of Bitcoin declines.

But if they don't panic and can be patient, they will see an increase in profits when the price of Bitcoin increases again. Risk exists, so we must learn how to minimize it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 333
Today at 05:44:03 AM
and during periods that you feel that you have more than enough BTC, then you can start to be more strategic in terms of waiting with some of your buys, but if you wait too much, then you might end up screwing things up and holding too much dollars when the BTC price is shooting up.

In the last 6-9 months, we had a lot of folks waiting for lower BTC prices, and they kind of got fucked and they might have been better just to keep buying as their paycheck comes in... or however they are authorizing their BTC purchases.

From your explanation, you said if we feel we have enough bitcoin then applying waiting strategies would be fine, meaning that those that are still early in bitcoin should focus more on DCA buying so they don't get distracted or miss out on good opportunities to buy.

I think using dip buying as a primary strategy is not smart for a beginner cause it involves too much timing of the market and most of them haven't even gotten a good portfolio yet and they are already distracted by dip buying which can in turn slow down their accumulation process, like you said before, I think as a newbie we should focus more on consistent buying than waiting on dips unless we have reserves we can use for such.
yeah , purchasing the dip is an opportunity for all to purchase at a low price, but as a newbie who's forn of always waiting for the dip before purchasing some quantity of bitcoin, is not a smart move. For those that have gotten to their accumulation goal , having enough Bitcoin in their portfolio, waiting for the dip won't be any issue to them because they have already stop accumulating, all they are doing is just holding. Such individuals may decide to have this mindset of always purchasing using lump-sum whenever there's a dip just to addup some coin (bitcoin) In their portfolio . While those of us that haven't gotten far with their accumulation should focus on how to have more bitcoin in their portfolio using any method or strategies convenient for them.

Its good to acquire when the price of bitcoin dip but for us don't know when this scenario will came then its better not to wait this to happen since we might waste our time for that and instead we already settled for doing our plans especially for accumulation we are still there waiting and not yet doing any action.

That's why if they want to succeed they should react according to their capabilities since it still the same effect not unless if they are there just think about hodling but at the end they sell their bitcoin because they got panic on certain condition happened.

They should settle up and know what's more better since if their mindset is to accumulate whatever amount they can put it and ignore those pump then dump schemes for sure they became successful bitcoin investor in future.
Activity: 98
Merit: 30
Today at 05:36:43 AM

Newbies have this mindset that crypto is a get rich quick scheme, which is not. Maybe they will learn it the hard way. Either case as we grow older in this market, we will learn when to buy, or when to start to accumulate and maximize our profits in the future.

Best time to buy is bear market, although if we are going long term, we can do DCA as well. So it's true, the best way to buy and accumulate is during the dip and just be a holder.That is the best strategy here, HODL as much as you can and then time the market and sell when we are in a bull run or at the top of the price or near all time high.

The first best time to buy was yesterday and the second best time is today and it is always now if you are considering long term investment in Bitcoin,  you don't have to wait for any dip or bear trend but with your dca strategy you are already there in the market while any dip or bear trend can only be seen as an advantage of buying wholesomely at a cheaper price and having more quantity.

You have to be specific when making use of the word crypto by not generalizing Bitcoin operation in terms of other coins because Their performance solely depends on Bitcoin if you want to say Bitcoin just say Bitcoin.

Timing the market and sell when we are in a bull run or at the top of the price or near all time high as you said sounds more like a trading strategy who's intention is only to buy low and sell high, those who should be talking about selling are those who have attained higher level in their Bitcoin investment in as much as we are not talking or emphasizing on selling but to accumulate and hodl for as long as 5 to 10 years or more.

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Today at 05:28:18 AM

Newbies have this mindset that crypto is a get rich quick scheme, which is not. Maybe they will learn it the hard way. Either case as we grow older in this market, we will learn when to buy, or when to start to accumulate and maximize our profits in the future.

Best time to buy is bear market, although if we are going long term, we can do DCA as well. So it's true, the best way to buy and accumulate is during the dip and just be a holder. That is the best strategy here, HODL as much as you can and then time the market and sell when we are in a bull run or at the top of the price or near all time high.
Activity: 336
Merit: 104
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Today at 04:38:04 AM
Activity: 109
Merit: 30
Today at 04:31:08 AM
Plus plebs like me who are just starting during this cycle should be with an attitude that any "life-changing" amounts of money can't be earned in merely one cycle. For the 90% of us participating in Bitcoin Land, it will probably take three bull cycles, or probably more. Plus to those people who are willing to risk it by participating in some shitcoinery, do it where the market is denominated in Bitcoin. Do it in Bitcon DeFi, it might be one of the biggest narratives during this cycle.
well, it depends on how much you've been able to gather at the end of each circle and whether or not your goal is to gather as much as is needed to ensure you don't necessarily have to work once you've sold off your holding. It's good we make it plain that the reason why you're accumulating or investing in Bitcoin will not be the same reason why the next person is doing his and this will go a long way in shaping how he goes about with his investment and how long he desires to hold and remain in profit before selling his holding. For a young guy who's receiving some stipends from his parent while in school and decides to put them into doing regular DCAing once the money comes in, he can decide to work with just investing for a single circle or two circles and take out the proceeds of his investment into starting an entrepreneurial business of his own and as long as that's his purpose of investing in Bitcoin and that he has archived that purpose, then he has made a good investment journey.

Activity: 266
Merit: 217
Today at 04:26:26 AM
    Actually, this DAC has been an effective method for most of the communities in the field we live in, and it has been proven by most of them. All that is needed is that we have a plan for why we will do it. And that plan will motivate us to persevere in saving for the future.

Even rich people are doing this because they see that DCA is really proven and tested. If Bitcoin or cryptocurrency has not yet been created, we are already doing this to people all over the world, if we call it future savings, right?

Fuck crypto currencies.. we are neither talking about them in this thread and even if we were, they are not an investment in which DCA makes sense for the long term.. so it tends to be quite misleading to talk about DCAing into shitcoins... even if there might be some short-term ways to carry out DCA.. but we are also not talking about short term practices in this thread, either.
Honestly, I agree fuck crypto currency, Bitcoin is different from crypto currency because it's a fixed while crypto currency  doesn't have any fixed supply, bitcoin is decentralized while crypto currency are not centralized (although not all). Bitcoin is popularity is more than crypto currency, it's well known to the world.
One can't use DCA in crypto currency because they are shitcoins, if shitcoins high today tomorrow is will drop and with that it's not advised to use DCA method on shitcoins.
more details on difference between Bitcoin and crypto currency.
Part of the appeal of DCA is to have some confidence to employ it over the long term. even though surely anyone is free to abandon their investment at any time and then profit in dollars and likely end up undermining their accumulation of BTC if they cannot figure out some meaningful way to stay focused on accumulating BTC, which is part of what DCA helps to accomplish.. the establishing of a position over time and to continue to build such position and to stay in a mindset of continuous and ongoing BTC accumulation.. which likely is going to serve the person better than trying to monkey around with trading and/or even changing his accumulation amounts based on concerns of short-term BTC price directions.
These are the cause of lack of concentrations, however if one doesn't know the importance of Bitcoin accumulations the person will likely get tired and abandon their investments and starts saving in dollars. Meanwhile fiat is not a thing one should consider going into as it's been controlled by the government and it will decrease ones inflation gets involved. Saving is dollar is not also the same as investing in Bitcoin because there's no inflation in Bitcoin investment.
So yeah, the longer that anyone DCAs into BTC, the amount of BTC can more and more begin to be considered as long term savings, even if there may well be some points that some of the savings might start to get dipped into after there has been a sufficient amount of time of building it and even allowing it to appreciate in value, to the extent that it has good chances of continuing to appreciate in value just as it has done historically, and there is no real information to suggest that BTC is going to discontinue appreciating in value, especially when viewed in longer term time frames.
Already noted, the way Bitcoin growth in price is another method to describe Bitcoin to the world, in earlier days Bitcoin has moved from 1k go 70k today and it's also has more potentials to continue increasing in price.
In early 2009 till date we know what we have experienced about Bitcoin, even the investors that joins the Bitcoin space can testify about Bitcoin. I always say now is the perfect time to use DCA to accumulate Bitcoin because we can't tell if in the next 15 years Bitcoin will be above $200k as from 2009 toll date we are already in $70k at 1BTC
Activity: 364
Merit: 332
Today at 04:01:03 AM
I agree with some opinions about DCA where there is nothing you need to think about other than your focus on buying Bitcoin on an ongoing basis where you buy BTC regularly every week. No need to do it aggressively but just adjust it to the same budget as you did for your first purchase. With DCA, you don't need to worry about the price going down because while you are still in the accumulation stage, the price drop is a big enough opportunity to continue buying Bitcoin.

You can focus on investment targets every year because I have implemented this where the first year goes quite smoothly and that way we can focus on the following year. Bitcoin can change your life if you are smart in investing in Bitcoin. The meaning of being smart is holding it for the long term without being burdened by thoughts that haunt you.

Actually, this DAC has been an effective method for most of the communities in the field we live in, and it has been proven by most of them. All that is needed is that we have a plan for why we will do it. And that plan will motivate us to persevere in saving for the future.

Even rich people are doing this because they see that DCA is really proven and tested. If Bitcoin or cryptocurrency has not yet been created, we are already doing this to people all over the world, if we call it future savings, right?

DCA method is mainly for rich and poor and all types of people who will mainly participate in trading need this method. If you invest in this method, the investment is successful, because I help myself. I have been using this method for a long time of 1 year and 3 months. I have moved towards a successful journey. So this method is a good method for all investors, because those who learn to invest using this method, will not hire Arabic using any other method. You too invest using this method and you will see that the future journey will be successful and you will be able to complete the investment yourself. Usually in Bitcoin investing using the DCA method plays a major role in controlling the average price.
I disagree with you on that bolded statement of yours. How would a trader use DCA method to buy and sell in no time, that sounds weird. DCA strategy is a method in which investors that are ready to hodli their bitcoin investment for a long time uses to make sure that they buy regularly in order to build up their bitcoin portfolio. The DCA strategy is best for no coiner or low coiner, because it will give them the advantage to grow and build their bitcoin investment to achieve their bitcoin target over time.

As stated by JJG, that it is better to stay focus and increase your bitcoin investment portfolio strictly with DCA method if you are a beginner or you have just started your bitcoin journey, as it is more effective and easy to practice, all you need to do is to be persistent and consistent with DCAing, as long as you ha e put everything in place that would not make you stop or sell some part of your bitcoin due to unforseen circumstances. However, if along the line of your DCA, and you have the opportunity to lump sum or buy at the dip because you are prepared for it, the better for you. Traders don't need DCA because they are gamblers and would don't care about long term investment.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1794
Today at 03:31:26 AM

I agree with some opinions about DCA where there is nothing you need to think about other than your focus on buying Bitcoin on an ongoing basis where you buy BTC regularly every week. No need to do it aggressively but just adjust it to the same budget as you did for your first purchase. With DCA, you don't need to worry about the price going down because while you are still in the accumulation stage, the price drop is a big enough opportunity to continue buying Bitcoin.

You can focus on investment targets every year because I have implemented this where the first year goes quite smoothly and that way we can focus on the following year. Bitcoin can change your life if you are smart in investing in Bitcoin. The meaning of being smart is holding it for the long term without being burdened by thoughts that haunt you.

Plus it's also very important for the newbies to know that it's better to concentrate all of their capital on one asset that's NEVER going to go away, and that's Bitcoin. Those "traders" who buy and sell different altcoins/shitcoins will definitely have a harder time finding which narrative is the current one to "trade" because the market this cycle is VERY dispersed. There's simply more and more cryptocurrencies and tokens listed in more and more exchanges, centralized and decentralized, under different sectors.

Because it is so dispersed, I believe it might make many of them surge in smaller and shorter durations.

Exactly.  There is a need to stay focused, because whether you are able to invest $10 per week or $100 per week, you are going to really end up diluting your investment if you are fucking around with various shitcoins that may or may not perform.. and the chances of them performing is surely not good.. especially if we consider both upside and downside.. and if we consider places to invest for the longer term such as 4-10 years or even longer.

Activity: 182
Merit: 113
Today at 02:47:19 AM

DCA method is mainly for rich and poor and all types of people who will mainly participate in trading need this method. If you invest in this method, the investment is successful, because I help myself. I have been using this method for a long time of 1 year and 3 months. I have moved towards a successful journey. So this method is a good method for all investors, because those who learn to invest using this method, will not hire Arabic using any other method. You too invest using this method and you will see that the future journey will be successful and you will be able to complete the investment yourself. Usually in Bitcoin investing using the DCA method plays a major role in controlling the average price.

@JayJuanGee already made reference to this on this thread, the DCA approach is not selective in terms of financial capabilities, it is just like a guide/method to help keep up one's accumulating process, it doesn't segregate If a person is wealthy, rich average or poor everyone is majorly entitled to make good use of this strategy.

Yeah but when did you start?  You have ONLY been registered on the forum for less than a year.
I invested $100 before registering on this forum. $100 is a big amount for me, $100 is more than ৳10000 in local currency of our country. I have learned a lot since I registered in this forum. I didn't know what the DCA method was before. I came to know about DCA method from this forum and started investing in DCA method. The amount of bitcoins I have accumulated now, I would not have been able to invest together. But after investing in DCA method I became successful. My plan is to continue investing in the DCA approach for the long term.

If you want to hold your investment for a long time then you must continue to invest on a regular weekly or monthly basis. By implementing this regular DCA method you are sure to be successful in your investment. But greed must be avoided, as far as possible if you keep calm and wait for a few years then your investment will be big and you will be able to continue investing.

The system works in this way, during the process of getting to our DCA budget we are meant to keep it consistent and a little bit aggressive (not greedy) as in terms of catching some DIP that we may not often see again, but still have the awareness that it should by no means disrupt our style of living.

One thing about Bitcoin investment is to purchase and another is to have the mind to hold, even when it doesn't seems nourishing we still continue holding.
Activity: 336
Merit: 104
Today at 12:48:37 AM
Yeah but when did you start?  You have ONLY been registered on the forum for less than a year.
I invested $100 before registering on this forum. $100 is a big amount for me, $100 is more than ৳10000 in local currency of our country. I have learned a lot since I registered in this forum. I didn't know what the DCA method was before. I came to know about DCA method from this forum and started investing in DCA method. The amount of bitcoins I have accumulated now, I would not have been able to invest together. But after investing in DCA method I became successful. My plan is to continue investing in the DCA approach for the long term.

If you want to hold your investment for a long time then you must continue to invest on a regular weekly or monthly basis. By implementing this regular DCA method you are sure to be successful in your investment. But greed must be avoided, as far as possible if you keep calm and wait for a few years then your investment will be big and you will be able to continue investing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 113
March 27, 2024, 11:49:51 PM
When it comes to Bitcoin investment we have to base on many factors otherwise it will never be possible to make money from Bitcoin investment. Especially when a trader buys bitcoins for investment with his own money he must follow some tips. For example, one should buy when the market is deep and mark the time when one buys so that even if the market goes down, one can buy again later. Moreover, a user must plan long-term investments so that after purchasing from the market, he can hold it for a long time if it goes down. A user must be patient enough and disciplined when buying bitcoins for long term holding. One should never lose patience to hold bitcoins but one should hold with patience but success is possible. DCA must be practiced when buying bitcoins but the losses will be minimal, and when he invests using this method it must be for the long term. When you invest you have to take risks without risk you can never be successful. And if you invest, you must always start with a small amount of money and if you gradually increase the amount of money, at some point the fraction of bitcoins will be very high. As we can see the price of Bitcoin is constantly increasing and when you keep investing as per amount you will get profit as per the fraction of Bitcoin at a time with higher price of Bitcoin. So always buy when the market dips and never lose patience by buying it but holding for long time is best.
Yet many are glad they got into crypto because investing in Bitcoin was a turning point for them financially, one of the best decisions they ever made. Bitcoin investing must have a strategy, if you don't have a strategy and randomly start investing in the Bitcoin market, you will face losses in the future. If you are waiting for the market to go down a lot, invest when the market is going down, you can't really tell when the opportunity will come. If you plan to invest DCA in Bitcoin long term you need to have an additional source of income. If you don't have an additional source of income then at some point you can leave the investment. DCA investing is where you spread your purchases over time rather than making one big investment. It will help you in timing the market and the risk of the market getting high. If you consistently buy bitcoins at different prices you can recoup your investment costs. Buy more when the market goes down and invest less when the market goes up and continue for the long term with patience. Hold your Bitcoin tight and profit from it in the future.
I agree with you about having an additional income or having a major source of income if you want to apply the DCA method
Since bitcoin is a long-term investment, it is not only the DCA strategy that requires a good income source. Even though you want to accumulate bitcoin by buying the bitcoin dip or by buying with a lump sum, you need a good income source that will allow you to hold your bitcoin for the long term. Without a good income source, you might not be able to solve your financial problems, and you will end up selling your bitcoin investment to survive.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 9972
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
March 27, 2024, 11:05:49 PM

[/quote

I hate to be repeating myself, but sometimes it seems to be necessary when members seem to be misstating some of the central things of what DCA accomplishes.. which is a kind of allowance for a guy to accumulate BTC based on his own budget.

So BTC is helping the guy to be as whimpy or as aggressive as he would like to be in terms of managing his budget and figuring out how much he can put into BTC on a weekly basis or whatever period that he is employing his BTC (DCA) purchases.

I doubt that DCA is controlling the average price, even though when you continue to buy BTC, you are going to end up having an average BTC price that may be higher or lower than other methods that you could have accomplished the same thing, so you are not necessarily advantaged so much in terms of whatever you average cost per BTC ends up being, but you are way the fuck more advantaged because you are likely to have had been able to stack way more BTC than you would have been able to stack with those other methods because frequently guys can have either psychological obstacles and/or even financial obstacles if they are trying to engage in either lump sum investing or buying on the dips, even assuming that they would be able to either have such lump sum available or would be able to set aside dollars (or other fiat) to be able to buy on the dips, even if that might be advantageous as a separate rather than a supplemental strategy to DCA.

In other words, there are a whole hell of a lot of folks who may have had some real difficulties to be able to accomplish some kind of reasonable, substantial and/or meaningful amount of BTC if they had followed some other method.. which is part of the power of DCA, especially for folks who end up benefiting by the structured persistence of such, even if they might also have the talents, time and/or resources to carry out the other two strategies... and they are likely even more empowered, if they are able to figure out ways to carry out all three... with more of an emphasis on DCA when they are in their earliest of times because it is such a practical approach that applies to a large variety of situations. even those who might start out with a considerably-sized lump sum amount.
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
March 27, 2024, 10:47:24 PM

Pages:
Jump to: