- Take the one of your existing wallets that you want to become your main wallet.
- Create a new address from that wallet. I'll refer to this as address 1ABC
- Go to your old wallet. Send the entire balance of this wallet to the 1ABC address. This ensures that any coins attached to invisible "change" addresses make it to your new main wallet.
- Use the JSON-RPC API dumpprivkey (using the bitcoind executable from the command line to talk to your running bitcoin) to export all of the addresses from your old wallet that you think you might still get some payment on in the future
- use the JSON-RPC API importprivkey on your new wallet to import all of the keys from the step above
Your new wallet now has a) all of the publicly disclosed addresses from your old wallet and b) all of the BTC that may have been living in "change" addresses.
so this feature is in a public release? that means i could at least now use PHP to do a bulk import in some kind of loop... finally, hooray
in what version did this feature first appear?
0.5.x I think. I don't remember exactly.