Pages:
Author

Topic: Mineitor|Remote Monitoring,Management,Automation-Updated 11 Jan 2022 New feature (Read 1568 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Activity: 1
Mineitor works fine when it works.  I've been using it for 8 months or so.  But, I've had many occasions where it could not connect or open the miner web interface.  Sometimes they get it corrected right away.  Sometimes not.  They will go days at a time with no response and no access to my farm.  It's just not reliable and you can't depend on it.
Activity: 44
Merit: 33
Thanks to you for the support Smiley
Thanks for sharing this also here.
We are very happy to see that Braiins users trust Mineitor. That made us think of adding more features to manage and monitor Braiins OS/Braiins OS+, including some features from BOS Toolbox like upgrade install and removal and more.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1556
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
https://twitter.com/mineitor_app/status/1500784496643293184
Quote from: Mineitor
The last 3month registered devices distribution chart based on brands in Mineitor. The amazing fact is that 43% of new devices use @braiins_systems
 Firmware. Special thanks to Braiins OS+ users for trusting Mineitor. @slush_pool
 #BITCOIN #Mining #cryptocurrencies #bitcoinmining
Thanks to you for the support Smiley
New version Updated with new unique features.

Monitoring wall or reporting dashboard (currently beta):
Create customized dashboards with drag and drop with easy-to-use widgets that can be added/removed or resized.
*Note: Currently there is a Limited type of reports and charts widget, but it will be added many more in near future.

Customizable devices Table list
Now it is possible to add/remove columns in the devices page to show or hide information showing in front of each device.

Schedules :
- Now it is possible to assign Automated actions to Brands, Models, Groups, Sections.
- Ability to Enable/Disable Automated actions.
- Force Run Jobs manually even if it is disabled.

Speed and security improvements and also many UI/UX changes.
There is no paid license option for cgminer.
If you provide a firmware that uses cgminer code to make the miner in it, you must supply the source code for the miner on request.
That's the cgminer GPLv3 license.

I now think of a question:
Did you send an email to Bitmain or Whatsminer asking for the source code?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 1783
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
There is no paid license option for cgminer.
If you provide a firmware that uses cgminer code to make the miner in it, you must supply the source code for the miner on request.
That's the cgminer GPLv3 license.

(P.S. you deleted a ']' in your post you should fix)
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
My pool blocks firmware that I can detect violates the license.
It's well known that I do that.
Even in bold red on the home page ...

If you distribute a firmware, you are required to supply the source code upon request.
That's how the GPLv3 license works (and has for more than 10 years)
Since we are discussing this subject in two topics  I will continue this discussion on following topic. Seems to me it is off-topic. Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mining-farm-software-comparison-5346051
You provide on your site you list in this thread, a download of firmware that violates the cgminer license.
https://mineitor.com/downloads
This is, by definition, 'distributing' firmware.

It is a violation of the cgminer license to distribute this firmware and not supply source code on request.
I am the 2nd main developer of cgminer.
So I'm not at all sure why you think I wouldn't know how the license for cgminer works, nor why I wouldn't feel the need to point out you are violating the license.

You also advertise that people should use this firmware on your site, sounds like a bad idea to advertise to people to violate a license.
[/quote
Kano,

Does this license have a paid license option that doesn't require you to reveal any of the sourcecode?  I find these types of "reveal all source code" at times to be excessive.  Especially if what is added might be competitive in nature.  Are you trying to support the open nature of open source or drive revenue?  If you are standing on principle, I get it, but to say "reveal all source code" for the sake of that in a license is a bit tough.  Especially in a commercial situation as I have run into that before in a different context and it was such broad overreach that we eliminated its use completely.  

I respect the work you do although I am not a consumer of it, I am just a bit curious which angle is behind this.

Activity: 7
How many accounts did you create here on the forum? Smiley

My only account. Just joined this forum after a long time mining... mostly I'm on reddit. Lurking around here to look for any new exciting firmware but kept seeing your post in almost every thread for firmwares. By the way, no hard feelings..  I guess I know how it feels to get your work stolen.. but oh wells
legendary
Activity: 7
All of the miner manufacturers are violating the license.
False.

However, I will also point out that although many people are murdered every day, is that OK for you to do it also?

You have to make a profit somehow even if it is illegal?
Since no one else on the planet can make a profit legally?

Many people are murdered everyday, and of course it's not ok to do so. But you as the police (in this analogy), you allow a big corporation to get away with murder because MAYBE

1) they are too big to take down
2) majority of the people are working for them and murdering every single day so you can't fight them
3) you had a deal with them which you didn't disclose

Either way, you pick on someone weaker while letting them go scott free.

In another words : Hypocrite.

I see you in almost every thread like an old broken record. Take them all down with a lawsuit if it's illegal. If not move on and live and let live 
However, I will also point out that although many people are murdered every day, is that OK for you to do it also?
Here what we can do about it.
We will add a notice in our downloads section to make sure that people know what they are downloading.
But If we remove the support, we will lose the competition, since all of our competitors have such an offer.

We are not murderess!!!!
legendary
All of the miner manufacturers are violating the license.
False.

You have to make a profit somehow even if it is illegal?
Since no one else on the planet can make a profit legally?
You provide on your site you list in this thread, a download of firmware that violates the cgminer license.

It is a violation of the cgminer license to distribute this firmware and not supply source code on request.
So I'm not at all sure why you think I wouldn't know how the license for cgminer works, nor why I wouldn't feel the need to point out you are violating the license.

You also advertise that people should use this firmware on your site, sounds like a bad idea to advertise to people to violate a license.
I already confirmed that you are right about license and nobody is telling that you don't know how license works.  (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57397315)

But you keep skipping other parts of my reply and telling me what you know. Here again, I will explain why it is complicated and even you accepted this situation.
All of the miner manufacturers are violating the license. So what is the point you keep telling people to not replace with another firmware which doing the same?
When you buy a Bitmain ASIC or Whatsminer. You already purchased a device with firmware that is violating the license.
You are providing service to customers who use miners (with original firmware) which is already the same.
It is true that you are not distributing any firmware but in the end, by allowing miners to use your pool somehow you are legitimizing the bigger players of this industry which also violate the license.
legendary

If you distribute a firmware, you are required to supply the source code upon request.
Since we are discussing this subject in two topics  I will continue this discussion on following topic. Seems to me it is off-topic. Smiley

Since we are discussing this subject in two topics  I will continue this discussion on following topic. Seems to me it is off-topic. Smiley
legendary
So this means you are supplying a firmware that is illegal.

It violates the cgminer license (which I'm the 2nd main developer of)

... and you contacted me about using this ... and thought I might be happy that you are violating that license? Why would I be?
With your logic, many miner manufacturers and developers are violating CGminer License which also is connecting to your pool. so you are a supporter of them?

Testing going well.  The dev team needed to do some tweaking due to a very recent Pi 4 hardware image, but it got updated and worked 1st try after the image update!

Even added Goldshell HS5 support in like 2 days.

Like I said in a different thread, the support / dev team is very responsive and manages expectations well!

I am liking this over other options as my miners continue to come online.

T
Thanks for your feedback here, IT is really what we need.Since we are 2 years old and people need to hear about our service.

... and you contacted me about using this ... and thought I might be happy that you are violating that license? Why would I be?
As I mentioned in another topic, It is part of our partnership program.
It is not our own Firmware and we don't have our Firmware so we don't own the source code, all users are free to decide if they want to use Vnish Firmware or not.

I asked the same question on that topic. since you brought up the same subject here again,
With your logic, many miner manufacturers and developers are violating CGminer License which also is connecting to your pool. so you are a supporter of them?
legendary
Andyberg69 - any feedback on your testing?

How about test it yourself? Our operators are available 24 hours a day to help.

Also we have good news that I am so excited to share.

We are testing a new service to fully support Vnish firmware that custom built for Mineitor service (beta stage). which means anyone who is interested with Vnish firmware and want to use Mineitor as management and monitoring service can use both at the same time and get Mineitor Subscription for free.

Another good news is that for each device that uses Mineitor-Vnish firmware you get 2 free subscriptions. one for the device itself and one for any other device with any firmware.

Pages:
Jump to: