Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics (Read 12232 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1240
I thought you were going to hold off for a week or two?

For the first match I dont think I would bet against the Panthers

Broncos against the Cowboys is an interesting fixture, the Cowboys the only unbeaten side so far
against the Broncos who should be making moves to get back up to the top, the odds suggest it
could be a close one - 2.12 v 1.81

Rabbitohs v Bulldogs - Rabbitohs are favourite to win this and to try and lift themselves off the bottom
of the ladder. If they dont it will be a shocking start to the season for them. 1.51 v 2.90
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Just a bit insane. Only four from eight picks. There are numerous injuries from the weekend. Hopefully, thinks will settle down.

My pics for the NRL 2024 week four are:

Roosters 🐔
Bulldogs 🐩
Townsville 🐮
Manly 🦅
Dolphins 🐬
Auckland 🛶
Canberra 📯💨
Parramatta 🐍
legendary
That was a bit of a mad weekend in the NRL, top teams losing out to teams they should
be beating or matches that should be close affairs ending up white washes. . .

Roosters 48 - 6 Rabbitohs - This should have been closer
Warriors 32 - 0 Titans - For the Titans not to score is crazy,  any team not to score really.
Dragons 24 - 46 Cowboys - 70 point match, the crowd got their moneys worth there.
Wests Tigers 32 - 6 Sharks - Thats a strange result, a lot of bets had to have been lost.

I totally missed out on the URC at the weekend, didnt do ant bets and didnt see any matches,
Round 13 coming up this weekend. I'll post about that later when I see whats happening.
Activity: 371
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
Might want to hold off for a week or two. The Warriors won in the early game last night after loosing in the last minute the week before while the Roosters had plenty to crow about with their emphatic win that was over by half time.

Over in the Super Pacific Rugby, the Brumbies ($1.15) won with something like sixty points against Moana while Fijian Drua ($1.48) beat the Warritahs.

In the UK, Bristol ($2.62) beat Northampton.
Activity: 214
Merit: 130
Funny you should mention William Brown darxiaomi, it is only today our minister of State
visited his grave!

On Quesada, I think it will only be a matter of time that he could get the job of head
coach of Argentina. Your current coach Contepomi has a very good Rugby History
and I guess he is still building the team into what he would like.

The Autumn internationals 2024 were announced last week, and Ireland play Argentina!!
and in the last match Ireland play Australia!!

Ey man , no idea about it, what a coincidence!.

Yeah you know is a human thing to always want what we dont have.
legendary
The less said about the Broncos thumping defeated, the better.

A two point penalty very early in the game should have boid the Broncos after one of their players suffered a broken cheek bone in a careless collision. However, the Broncos then conceded 34 points in as many minutes before adding two late tries which was nowhere near enough to recover.

I wonder if that game is a precursor for how the season will go for both teams,
The Panthers to win all their matches and end up with a 3 in a row championship
wins and the Broncos to return to the bottom end of the table?

I would like to see the Broncos up at the top again this year. I'm holding off betting
for a bit longer. I wonder what a weekly parlay on two teams would be like? lets
say Panthers and Broncos to win. Last year they both won 18 of 24 matches!
Activity: 371
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
The less said about the Broncos thumping defeated, the better.

A two point penalty very early in the game should have boid the Broncos after one of their players suffered a broken cheek bone in a careless collision. However, the Broncos then conceded 34 points in as many minutes before adding two late tries which was nowhere near enough to recover.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
How did your betting go in the end Timelord?

Six from eight - the Dolphin's emphatic win and the cowboys one point extra time wins messed up my parlays, but I got my money back which is always a bonus.

This week I'm going against the grain betting on the Broncos ($3.80) to win against the Panthers ($1.27) in a game which starts in around eight hours from now.

My other pics are Canberra ($3.00) over The Warriors ($1.20)
Roosters ($1.62) over Souths ($2.30)
Bulldogs ($1.80) over Titans ($2.00)
Cowboys ($1.47) St George (who got slaughtered by the Dolphins) ($2.70)
Sharks ($1.27) over the Wests Tigers ($3.80)
Sea Eagles (1.90) Parramatta ($1.90)
Storm ($2.05) Newcastle ($1.77)

I'm basing my Broncos bet on this screen grab from the 2024 NRL ladder after week 2 of game play.

The Broncos leed the Panthers for and against.   At this early stage, Saint George are playing a stronger game than the Panthers.

Similarly, West Tigers have only played once, but the Titans have played twice and lost once - yet their for and against is worse than the Tigers who lost their one game.
legendary
How did your betting go in the end Timelord?

European club rugby is back on this coming weekend on the 3 big competitions

URC - Week 12 of 18 - Only 4 points separating the top 3, Leinster, Bulls and Glasgow Warriors.
I cant see these standings changing with the matches at the weekend, all three should be winners.

English Premiership Rugby - Week 13 of 18 - Northanpton clear on top with 44 points, second placed
Harlequins on 37.
Northampton play Bristol which they should win but Harlequins face Saracens who are just behind on 36 points!

French Top 14 - Week 19 of 26 - 2 teams on 55 points Stadt Francais and Toulouse.
Stadt Francais face Lyon who they should beat and Toulouse have to play Bordeaux which will be a tough one,
Bordeaux are in 4th spot in the table.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Melbourne scored twice in the last two minutes in what was the game of the week denying Auckland a home win after leeding the game up till then.

The Dolphins win was emphatic. I'd actually watched the earlier game which was routine, then switched off thinking the Dolphins would be broiled by the Dragons... But it was the Dolphins who slayed the Dragons.
legendary
Funny you should mention William Brown darxiaomi, it is only today our minister of State
visited his grave!

On Quesada, I think it will only be a matter of time that he could get the job of head
coach of Argentina. Your current coach Contepomi has a very good Rugby History
and I guess he is still building the team into what he would like.

The Autumn internationals 2024 were announced last week, and Ireland play Argentina!!
and in the last match Ireland play Australia!!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 943
That was a big ask with that parlay, its a pity though.

Two good wins by the Sea Eagles and the Dolphins today.

Six Nations

With the last round of games played on Saturday Ireland managed to beat Scotland
to win the Championship. It was a tough match, Scotland were never going to hand
the win to Ireland and they were actually playing for the Triple Crown trophy which
wasnt one by either Ireland, Scotland, England or Wales because each team lost to
one another.

France beat England to land in second place

Italy beat Wales just about, Wales scored 2 try's in the last minute. Its a record for
them, its the first time they won 2 matches in the same season, their new Argentinian
coach is doing good things.

Congratulations to Ireland land of one Argentinian national hero, and father of our navy Almirante William Brown or Guillermo Brown.

About Quesada at Italy what a great job he is doing, i cant tell to you how many insults are receiving the top headers of the Argentinian Union of Rugby for not contract him.

Every post on media are insults to the autorities, and i agree with the people in this case.
legendary
That was a big ask with that parlay, its a pity though.

Two good wins by the Sea Eagles and the Dolphins today.

Six Nations

With the last round of games played on Saturday Ireland managed to beat Scotland
to win the Championship. It was a tough match, Scotland were never going to hand
the win to Ireland and they were actually playing for the Triple Crown trophy which
wasnt one by either Ireland, Scotland, England or Wales because each team lost to
one another.

France beat England to land in second place

Italy beat Wales just about, Wales scored 2 try's in the last minute. Its a record for
them, its the first time they won 2 matches in the same season, their new Argentinian
coach is doing good things.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I was just following the scoreboard of the Cowboys v Knights, it was 20 - 20 going past
the 80 minute mark and Chad Townsend of the Cowboys slitted over a 1 point field goal
on the 81st minute - game over, Cowboys win.

The Newcastle Knights drew first blood then stayed ahead points wise until the 75 minute when am unconverted try leveled the scores at 20 - 20.  The Cowboys, who had been playing catchup all game finally took the game with a one point field goal in extra time having missed a two point field goal moments before the 80 minute siren.

With twelve minutes to go, the Warriors are winning a very scrappy game 24 - 18 against Melbourne.  If Auckland win, then it'll be my second from six games lost.
legendary
Aaand the Panthers are true to their odds beating the Eels 26-18, they have started their
dominant run again this year I think

The Raiders beat the Wests Tigers 32 - 12 - no surprise there

I was just following the scoreboard of the Cowboys v Knights, it was 20 - 20 going past
the 80 minute mark and Chad Townsend of the Cowboys slitted over a 1 point field goal
on the 81st minute - game over, Cowboys win.

Next up is Storm v Warriors, these two were closely matched last year, Storm are. favourite
today, 1.42 - 3.35. Looking back at ladt years fixture it was a close one, could be the same again.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The Bulldogs are making a good start leeding 6 - 0 against the higher placed Sharks 20 minutes into the first half.

At this point I'd say the Bulldogs have the edge with better looking game play and bright, new, blue jerseys.

*Edit* I just took a phone call and the Sharks swum in to score a try to level the score at six all.

Edit again. The Sharks won 25 - 6 in what was a fairly balanced game (collar pulling scuffles aside)

Now The Parramatta Eels have drawn Frist blood against the Panthers just three minutes in.
legendary
Now if you did that parlay and were able to pick the winners it will be a fantastic early
season play. The Broncos have got their season under way with a win against the Rabbitohs.

The big one tomorrow as you say is the Panthers v Eels - always a big fixture, I'm just afraid this
could go either way eventhough the odds favour the Panthers.

I'm holding off putting a few bets on until I see how each team perform, let them settle into
their games!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'm just sitting down to place my wagers on this weekends NRL week 2 fixtures.

Tonight, the Broncos ($1.38) and Rabbitohs are fairly evenly poised to take their first win - I'm going with the Broncos who are always keen to reclaim lost pride (especially after their grand-final and USA losses).

The Sharks are even closer prices against the Bulldogs at $1.29. 
Similarly, Penrith comes in at $1.38 against Parramatta (who the radio commentators have been gushing about all week, so time will tell).
Canberra have higher odds ($1.42) against the Tigers ($5.00)
Melbourne ($1.47) edges out the Warriors
Saint George ($1.85) should broil the Dolphins ($1.95)

Then, I'm going with the Sea Eagles ($2.15) over the Roosters and
Newcastle Knights ($2.85) over first place (after one week) Townsville Cowboys.

A $5 parlay would yield $286.40 wile a $1 bet on all the favourties would bring home $23.21
legendary
Six Nations

This is it this weekend, a lot to play for for all teams in different aspects.

First match - Wales v Italy - Wales to get a win out of the season, Italy to bag a record
second win in the season and not end up in last place

Ireland v Scotland - Ireland to claim the championship title for second year in a row and
Scotland to try and claim second spot

France v England - France to claim second spot if Scotland lose and England to
potentially claim top spot if Ireland lose to Scotland.

All the home teams are favourites.....but look what happened last weekend!
legendary
I have to say im very happy for the Italy win, because is a Italy/Argentinian win.

The main coach of Italy is right now Quesada former player of the Pumas and the best player of the game was another argentinian from my city Juan Ignacio Brex.

Always Italy use argentinian players with italian ancestry in every sport they can. And i celebrate that it strenght our roots.

Its a great story and he has lots of experience as a coach. Hopefully he can help to progress
Italy forward and build from this year forward.

Quesada is not short of international experience. He worked as a kicking coach with
France between 2008 and 2011, helping them to a Grand Slam in 2010 before reaching a
World Cup final the following year. And he was also part of the Pumas set-up under Mario Ledesma,
either side of leading Stade Français to the French Top 14 title in 2015.

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/en/m6n/news/meet-gonzalo-quesada-the-man-to-lead-italian-rugby-onwards

Brex is a great player, he was awarded "Man of the match" at the weekend. He also
plays for Benetton who have shown great improvement this year in the URC.

Italy have to travel to Wales next for the last round of the Six Nations, looking at the odds
I see Wales are favourites at 1.34 to 3.45 for Italy. I might do a cheeky bet on Italy to win.
Wales are a young team still building.
Pages:
Jump to: