Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 357. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Hey all.

Do I need to do anything special to begin receiving xmixer rewards?
after downloading last wallet:

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/XCurrency_2.49c_RC1.exe

you will need to set it up as an xmixer:

you will need to create a shortcut of the app on the desktop and then put the command -distmix-autonode in properties>target to make it start as an xnode.

To create the shortcut go on C:>programs86>xcurrency>click on the xcurrency-qt.exe with right mouse button and click on create shortcut.

When you have the short cut in the desktop click with right mouse button and click on properties then on "target" at the end of the string where you have the " symbol  click space and add -distmix-autonode.

Click on apply.

Then start the app from the short cut and you got your node running.

To be fully working you will need to have the port 32348 of your router open to check if it is open go on this webiste.

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

off course you will need to have 1000 xc in the wallet Dan yesterday was saying to transfer the funds 250xc at a time..don't know why
Activity: 2008
Merit: 768
Hey i like this choo choo chart Smiley

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Hey all.

Do I need to do anything special to begin receiving xmixer rewards?
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Ok wait a minute...

On the OP it says every XC client is a node (giving the impression that EVERY client forwards these fragments). Then on the FAQ on your site it says that an XNode is what processes the transactions and you need 550XC to run one (giving me the impression that only XNodes that people setup forward the fragments). Then, on your site there's news of "XMixer"...

Ok so, when you send an anon transaction what happens? How many fragments does it split into (or does that just depend on the size)? Who is involved in forwarding these fragments, all online clients? Just the XNodes? The XMixers? Through how many clients/nodes/mixers does each fragment pass through before it gets to its destination? So many questions. I could go on.

At first glance I was lead into thinking that each transaction is split in to fragments of random amounts, which are each passed through a random amount of online wallets (normal users, anyone and everyone on the network) before each fragment reaches its destination (the person receiving the funds) at different times. Which would be really awesome. But after digging deeper it seems only XNodes handle this? Where does the mixer come in?

I'm not sure if I'm being mislead or if I'm just an idiot who doesn't understand, would love an explanation of how this actually works. I like to invest in innovative technology not hype and PR. Sorry if I'm coming across as an asshole Tongue. This seems interesting but I either don't have a clue how it works, or the explanations are misleading.

Cheers!

You have two sending options, Private and open. Open is just like every other coin.
A Private XC transaction is handled uniquely to other coins protected by being opensource on a delayed timeline.
In short plain English here is my interpretation of how XC handles anon transactions:
Person A wants to send 50 XC to Person B anonymously.
Leaving Person A's wallet the transaction passes other wallets and gets scrambled with other transactions. Visually think about the transaction getting fragmented at every wallet, the fragments then hit other wallets where they are fragmented again. The fragments are being mixed with other transactions fragments. The fragments knows where they are going, so they stop at the wallet B, but because there are fragments going all the time it is hard to tell the pieces from the whole.
Every wallet is called a node, there is no lower limits on a node.

With the above picture you can tell that if only one transaction is being fragmented at a given time you could datamine where it came from and where it was going. This is where XCMixers comes in. The mixers are at all time loaded with 1000 XC and these coins are used to cause additional "explotions" ensuring that the fragments are always concealed. The number has to be big to ensure that large transactions can be concealed.

Anyway this is how I understand XC, but I'm sure the team can describe it better than I, I hope it helps until they get online.

Ok wait a minute...

On the OP it says every XC client is a node (giving the impression that EVERY client forwards these fragments). Then on the FAQ on your site it says that an XNode is what processes the transactions and you need 550XC to run one (giving me the impression that only XNodes that people setup forward the fragments). Then, on your site there's news of "XMixer"...

Ok so, when you send an anon transaction what happens? How many fragments does it split into (or does that just depend on the size)? Who is involved in forwarding these fragments, all online clients? Just the XNodes? The XMixers? Through how many clients/nodes/mixers does each fragment pass through before it gets to its destination? So many questions. I could go on.

At first glance I was lead into thinking that each transaction is split in to fragments of random amounts, which are each passed through a random amount of online wallets (normal users, anyone and everyone on the network) before each fragment reaches its destination (the person receiving the funds) at different times. Which would be really awesome. But after digging deeper it seems only XNodes handle this? Where does the mixer come in?

I'm not sure if I'm being mislead or if I'm just an idiot who doesn't understand, would love an explanation of how this actually works. I like to invest in innovative technology not hype and PR. Sorry if I'm coming across as an asshole Tongue. This seems interesting but I either don't have a clue how it works, or the explanations are misleading.

Cheers!

EDIT: For now I'm going to assume "XNodes" don't exist and have been replaced by "XMixers", and that fragments are forwarded through ALL online wallets, and the reason for these "XMixers" is because a fragment can't pass through a wallet if the wallet doesn't have at least as many coins to cover the fragment? Is this correct? In that case do all wallet clients (which I'm assuming fragments are forwarded through) also mix their funds with the fragments?
If not, why in that case does a wallet have to cover a fragment for it to pass through (I'm assuming it does have to, otherwise why the mixers?) ARGH these are all blind assumptions!! Hahaha

Someone help me out?

website is still not updated compleately

everything is explained here in Expanding XC's capacity:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8806414
Activity: 518
first of great job from the team with the latest release. can't wait for mintpal 2.0. the price is where i expected it after the releases in this community thread.

that bitcoin mag tweet will do more for the price than the news posted in here yesterday simply because everybody reading this htread on a regular basis is already heavily loaded with xc, some all in. Our community while super active and dedicated isn't really big enough to create a pump on news posted in here right now. but that will change again.

i see a lot of new faces coming in here in the coming weeks, people that bought some but want to see what they are getting into before investing more, thats when updates in here will fuel a bigger pump again.
there will also be questions like what does this coin do better then this. will be dificult to call the fud from real interest and valid questions sometime. so don't scream fud to easy guys. Wink

this right now is the phase where we should get as many crypto enthusiasts on board as possible up to the rev3 . than shoot this bitch into mainstream.

Agree 100% on this, we all need to spread the word now as we have such a compelling story here, people will listen.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
first of great job from the team with the latest release. can't wait for mintpal 2.0. the price is where i expected it after the releases in this community thread.

that bitcoin mag tweet will do more for the price than the news posted in here yesterday simply because everybody reading this htread on a regular basis is already heavily loaded with xc, some all in. Our community while super active and dedicated isn't really big enough to create a pump on news posted in here right now. but that will change again.

i see a lot of new faces coming in here in the coming weeks, people that bought some but want to see what they are getting into before investing more, thats when updates in here will fuel a bigger pump again.
there will also be questions like what does this coin do better then this. will be dificult to call the fud from real interest and valid questions sometime. so don't scream fud to easy guys. Wink

this right now is the phase where we should get as many crypto enthusiasts on board as possible up to the rev3 . than shoot this bitch into mainstream.

Activity: 720
Ok wait a minute...

Cheers!

EDIT: For now I'm going to assume "XNodes" don't exist and have been replaced by "XMixers", and that fragments are forwarded through ALL online wallets, and the reason for these "XMixers" is because a fragment can't pass through a wallet if the wallet doesn't have at least as many coins to cover the fragment? Is this correct? In that case do all wallet clients (which I'm assuming fragments are forwarded through) also mix their funds with the fragments?
If not, why in that case does a wallet have to cover a fragment for it to pass through (I'm assuming it does have to, otherwise why the mixers?) ARGH these are all blind assumptions!! Hahaha

Someone help me out?
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
https://nxtforum.org/
Activity: 182
Thank you for your welcome.  Its nice to be on-board with this team.  I feel like I have found gold here.

I woke up to this morning and was pleased to see both the news and the price.  I am glad it did not pump up overnight (<16K), much easier to make money in a flat (with swings) or gradual ascending market than a descending market after a bloated pump.  The release has been very well handled over the past few weeks (including on the day).

I imagine on the back of this extraordinary news we shall see a steady incline in price as more people get on board with the vision.  We will need patience as it may take a little while for holders of other currency to properly understand the value of where we are going and to realize that we have the engine-in-place and expertise to deliver the vision. Dan's background in networking is exactly what crypto needs at this point in time.

Lets not forget the hard work of the team in setting up new ways to make, use and spend XC.  At the end of the day this is what will build the base for the currency and give it the support it needs so the development team can continue working on its master plan.

Google started with an obscurely named, under marketed search engine that did the job to absolute perfection.  Hopefully with our bold vision, and the interim value we can add along the way, we have another Google here.  As we have seen with bitcoin, the advantage of a virtual currency over a share or hard asset is that sharing it (splitting an BTC/XC into smaller denominations by increased spending) increases the value of the overall pool.  So if the team continues with its track record in delivering, the final payout could end of being like Google on steroids.  IMHO still early days though we are more like at the front counter checking in (or even leaving homes for the airport), than on-board the rocket ship waiting for take-off.

So I take it that you've staked out XC as your privacy based coin, other coins or are you looking at others. Seems your in with this coin for the long haul?

A mixer transaction for your perusal:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/block.dws?123884.htm

AFAIS address XGoJTqnxdBFxYx8yP2kzLngcwpgtuh2wVX has sent 492 coins to XD1SB65r3u1N1LutAPnSiZYu7X4brAXcFH. How is this anonymous?

I can bet you ANYTHING that the amount sent was not 492 coins, but only 1 XC even though I don't know the real amount....

Even if you bring your "favorite coin's president" here, he can't tell who sent what to whom....   Grin   The real power of multisig transaction.

You have a good link that explains it well? Oh, do you have to understand high level math?

A simple explanation: https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking/bitcoin/v/bitcoin-transaction-records

@CryptoGretzky, I asked a simple question, why this sarcastic response? I don't care about your opinion on my investment plans.

Another simple question: 5 addresses have sent 503.57994 coins to 14 addresses, am I wrong that it is obvious that some of these 5 addresses (local or not) have sent some coins (the sum is not known) to some of these 14 addresses (again local or not)?

Thanks a lot for the the link. I watched similar videos before and really didn't understand them. This one is very clear. Thanks
Activity: 140

AFAIS address XGoJTqnxdBFxYx8yP2kzLngcwpgtuh2wVX has sent 492 coins to XD1SB65r3u1N1LutAPnSiZYu7X4brAXcFH. How is this anonymous?

I can bet you ANYTHING that the amount sent was not 492 coins, but only 1 XC even though I don't know the real amount....

Even if you bring your "favorite coin's president" here, he can't tell who sent what to whom....   Grin   The real power of multisig transaction.

You have a good link that explains it well? Oh, do you have to understand high level math?

A simple explanation: https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking/bitcoin/v/bitcoin-transaction-records

@CryptoGretzky, I asked a simple question, why this sarcastic response? I don't care about your opinion on my investment plans.

Another simple question: 5 addresses have sent 503.57994 coins to 14 addresses, am I wrong that it is obvious that some of these 5 addresses (local or not) have sent some coins (the sum is not known) to some of these 14 addresses (again local or not)?
Hello good morning XC community,

Can we update the main website News section with the press release? thx

Do you know how input and output work?  Really would advise you to start off with some basic introduction articles on how blockchain works before you invest in another "coinjoin/premixed/centralized node" like coin if you don't know how to read input/output.   An "address" is just a "key" for you to have access to a single/whole bunch of UXTO (Unspent transaction output).

a) The transaction, 202dea210ea2f204a06faa27a0ec17386aa84845eff4196d2a99e7a0904fac5d (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?301731.htm) has 5 input (you don't know which input belong to who because those input could be owned by 1-5 people).
b) The output has 14 output (again all these output could be owned by 1-14 people)

How do you prove who sent what to who when this is a SINGLE transactions with all the coins completely combined and then split apart?

ps: /rantON  No wonder so many other crap coins get pumped... seems not many people really understand how blockchain works in general....   /rantOFF

Activity: 518

Sneak PR preview

- We're awaiting a publication from a certain news site.

- So we won't release the press materials or software until they do.

- But we think it would be a bad idea to keep you waiting even longer to hear about the "CoinJoin killer," so here's a preview in rasterised form.

- Dan will release the software later on tonight regardless.

- The paid PR will go out to coincide with the launch of Mintpal 2.0.

Wow, speechless...

Up next is the UI update & Web 3.0... amazing things in the works for XC.  Great job team!

Woop! Went to bed last night and missed this guys, brilliant... Well done team...

Looks like the 160 resistance could be about to go as well....
Activity: 322

Do you know how input and output work?  Really would advise you to start off with some basic introduction articles on how blockchain works before you invest in another "coinjoin/premixed/centralized node" like coin if you don't know how to read input/output.   An "address" is just a "key" for you to have access to a single/whole bunch of UXTO (Unspent transaction output).

a) The transaction, 202dea210ea2f204a06faa27a0ec17386aa84845eff4196d2a99e7a0904fac5d (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?301731.htm) has 5 input (you don't know which input belong to who because those input could be owned by 1-5 people).
b) The output has 14 output (again all these output could be owned by 1-14 people)

How do you prove who sent what to who when this is a SINGLE transactions with all the coins completely combined and then split apart?

ps: /rantON  No wonder so many other crap coins get pumped... seems not many people really understand how blockchain works in general....   /rantOFF
Activity: 140

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
grrr I am having major problems getting port 32348 open.

I have the port open, but there is no indication that the wallet is mixing anything. There should really be some kind of status notification to let us know.
Activity: 361
grrr I am having major problems getting port 32348 open.
Jump to: