Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 460. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 12
So it still just rewards % of xc owned? 
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Some pretty cool news...on a short side note, I had a support issue with Cryptsy and took the opportunity to raise the X11coin name issue when I was communicating with them directly.  Hopefully this will lead to resolution soon...

Hello Memoryshock,

Regarding the XC name update, I escalated this ticket to our 2nd level of tech support.
Please give some time as our tech support team will respond in order of tickets received.

Sincerely,

Elen
Customer Service Manager
Cryptsy.com
Activity: 518
I don't think increasing the amount affects staking? Would that not mean every tome you staked you would reset?!

Ps nice to see you buzzing around Dan.. Sounds like things are about to get exciting.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Any updates on TOR stick shipments?

Final adjustments to both the XC_OS and REV2 are being completed, once that is done I will have a date for shipping.

If the delay is a concern, its possible to get I could ship sooner with the current code.

Dan

The upcoming release also brings back the minimum requirements for running as an XNode.

Running an XNode will generate profit through trustless mixing transactions as well as serving content for the CDN and future technologies.

Back to 550 XC for the Xnode? Or another figure?
hopefully lower
do we want to lose the decentralised part?
it is back centralised if only the rich can have Xnodes

I believe that EVERY WALLET online is an XNODE. Amount does not matter.

This is true to a point, but to enable the startup option "-xmixer" and collect fee's from trustless transactions you will need at least 550 XC's in the wallet.

I believe everybody thought that no requirements were needed for the xnodes and the anon transfers.
everybody is screaming from the rooftops that every wallet is an xnode => the thing needed for anon transfers...

I should have been more clear - This requirement is only for xmixer's

every wallet is an xnode, and you can use the anon transfers with out having 550xc's

Can we have lower it to 500 XC ?

Many of us have many many many address staking at 500 XC
if the requirement is 550, then we will have to increase the amount and therefore reset the timer for staking......
Thanks
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
probably a stupid question but: I just installed the XC app (windows) and it keeps saying 0 active connections?? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to configure anything else? Have tried to disable my firewall but still no connections... thx

Add below to xcurrency.conf file and save it.

Code:
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=32347

addnode=east01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west02.xcnode.xc-official.com

Still doesnt work... Any other suggestion?

I had this problem before. Make sure your Norton 360 or similar anti-virus program is turn ON. They wont let you conncect if it's not on for some reason. As soon as i turn it on , my wallet can connect.
Let me know if this works.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Final adjustments to both the XC_OS and REV2 are being completed, once that is done I will have a date for shipping.

If the delay is a concern, its possible to get I could ship sooner with the current code.

Dan

The upcoming release also brings back the minimum requirements for running as an XNode.

Running an XNode will generate profit through trustless mixing transactions as well as serving content for the CDN and future technologies.

hopefully lower

This is true to a point, but to enable the startup option "-xmixer" and collect fee's from trustless transactions you will need at least 550 XC's in the wallet.

I believe everybody thought that no requirements were needed for the xnodes and the anon transfers.
everybody is screaming from the rooftops that every wallet is an xnode => the thing needed for anon transfers...

every wallet is an xnode, and you can use the anon transfers with out having 550xc's

thank you for clearing that out  ;-)
Activity: 756

Dan

hopefully lower

Dan

hopefully lower

Activity: 361
it's like a slow connection with 550XC is better for serving CDN than a superfast connection with only 5Xc's

why can't we make the possible revenue depended on the speed of your connection instead of a 550XC min requirement.

If that is the case you would lock out many parts of the world and make it uneven. Heck, 60 mb down just hit my area, where as much of Europe is 100+mb...this is something out of everyones control.

Hahaha, I think I have a 56k dialup.
Activity: 661
http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/71-xnode-and-the-incentive-to-run-it/

Adapting reserve balance vs profit that was a post that i made some time ago about the incentive to run a xnode Smiley
it's like a slow connection with 550XC is better for serving CDN than a superfast connection with only 5Xc's

why can't we make the possible revenue depended on the speed of your connection instead of a 550XC min requirement.

For the CDN, yes you will need to serve content without latency to receive the payments.  So its possible that for CDN use only (no xmixer) the amount could be lowered

interresting Cheesy
Activity: 361

Dan

hopefully lower

Even if the price goes up it is still decentralized, just fewer nodes.

For the CDN, yes you will need to serve content without latency to receive the payments.  So its possible that for CDN use only (no xmixer) the amount could be lowered

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

If that is the case you would lock out many parts of the world and make it uneven. Heck, 60 mb down just hit my area, where as much of Europe is 100+mb...this is something out of everyones control.

Dan

hopefully lower

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter

Dan

As an early adopter albeit small one, Im really hyped for the requirements brought back. It d be a real incentive to know I can generate some profit even though I don't have tens of thousands coins to do so through PoS, and there are so many people that know of XC now that they still can buy in at bargain prices. It will also provide as incentive for more people or bigger funds to invest in the currency, knowing that they can mathematically expect a higher ROI, not to mention sooner. All this contributes to the price going up because of deeper causes rather than pure speculation.

Dan

hopefully lower

Dan

hopefully lower

For the decentralized trustless mixing to work w/ an XNode, you need to have coins available to support that.
How much will it generate?  This is a good idea ... better than PoS as it's rewarding those providing the anonymity .... n

3.3% annually.
Jump to: