Pages:
Author

Topic: - AURORACOIN - - page 64. (Read 136774 times)

legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl
June 15, 2016, 03:45:44 AM
Any plans to talk to the icelandic government for making Auroracoin the official currency of the country? I would assume this is the end-goal?

When the time comes that Auroracoin will rival the Icelandic króna, we will not make plans to talk to the Icelandic government. The government will make plans to come and talk to us Cheesy

Thats nice and fine but if we want this coin to get adopted it will take hard work on our part. I have mentioned it in the chat rooms and even some private groups but everyone just laughs at me for promoting the worlds first scam country coin.

I have read that with the election of a new Prime minister coming up, Iceland will lift it's capital controls ban allowing people, I am assuming to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Call me a sadist but Auroracoin appealed to me at first because iceland had capital controls that banned people from buying bitcoin so they would be forced to use Auroracoin.  Now it looks like soon they will have the option to invest in whatever they choose.  I love auroracoin because the development team worked hard to build an exchange and totally make this coin legit.  But from an investing standpoint I have no idea what to do now.

Your statement is partially right. The current cabinet (mostly corrupt bankers puppets) has been trying to find a way to help their rich business friends to get to their off-shore funds. They now are trying to pass legislation that lifts capital controls only for corporate entities (so their rich friends).

The average Icelandic citizen wil remain shackled by the same controls though. This is mainly why the results of coming elections will be of epic proportions leaving the current establishment empty-handed and probably put a PM in the parliament that is pro Auroracoin!
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
June 15, 2016, 01:35:48 AM
Any plans to talk to the icelandic government for making Auroracoin the official currency of the country? I would assume this is the end-goal?

When the time comes that Auroracoin will rival the Icelandic króna, we will not make plans to talk to the Icelandic government. The government will make plans to come and talk to us Cheesy

Thats nice and fine but if we want this coin to get adopted it will take hard work on our part. I have mentioned it in the chat rooms and even some private groups but everyone just laughs at me for promoting the worlds first scam country coin.

I have read that with the election of a new Prime minister coming up, Iceland will lift it's capital controls ban allowing people, I am assuming to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Call me a sadist but Auroracoin appealed to me at first because iceland had capital controls that banned people from buying bitcoin so they would be forced to use Auroracoin.  Now it looks like soon they will have the option to invest in whatever they choose.  I love auroracoin because the development team worked hard to build an exchange and totally make this coin legit.  But from an investing standpoint I have no idea what to do now.

I thought capital controls on foreign investors of Icelandic bonds had recently been toughened. Are you investing or speculating? As it stands, BTC can't cope with global retail volume so is turning more into an international settlement system like all those shipments of gold over a century ago IMO. A local payment currency such as AUR may prove more stable for day to day trade than an international currency. One thing for certain is that people are used to using one currency in their pocket, so persuading people to use 100's of different crypto's is a tough ask. So many of these extremely useful service crypto's are probably only going to end up worth their actual usage, people will only buy them when they need to use them.
If AUR is heading for the retail usage route, it may want to look at incorporating some technology from DASH.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
June 14, 2016, 04:11:54 PM

I have read that with the election of a new Prime minister coming up, Iceland will lift it's capital controls ban allowing people, I am assuming to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Call me a sadist but Auroracoin appealed to me at first because iceland had capital controls that banned people from buying bitcoin so they would be forced to use Auroracoin.  Now it looks like soon they will have the option to invest in whatever they choose.  I love auroracoin because the development team worked hard to build an exchange and totally make this coin legit.  But from an investing standpoint I have no idea what to do now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
June 14, 2016, 09:00:52 AM

Activity: 248
June 13, 2016, 07:48:07 AM

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
June 13, 2016, 07:25:07 AM
June 12, 2016, 04:16:10 PM
I tried Coinomi which is another mobile app that offers an Auroracoin wallet (Beta), but it gives out invalid addresses that do not work so that isn't an option.

I'm using coinomi successfully (for small amounts) on my phone. It seems to work well enough. Can receive and send.

I suggest you talk to coinomi guys about your problem. Maybe you can post that "invalid" address here also? It might be interesting to take a look.

EDIT: haven't looked at the "android wallet" since the beginning, so I can't help with that.

I realized my error.  On Coinomi, I copied the address and then pasted it into the exchange where I was withdrawing AUR, but it pasted like this:  auroracoin:AcUVxMXQZ..............address..............etc.
I forgot to delete the word Auroracoin, oops.
Activity: 258
June 12, 2016, 03:32:12 PM
Wait, I can mine this?
How....

Everything you ever wanted to know about mining Auroracoin:

http://auroraspjall.is/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=650a5d5a8b05d22a5cd76346f9bd944f

Thanks for the info. Going to give it all a good read tonight.

Hi,

I downloaded the android files on my Samsung phone.  I extracted the files but I have no idea what to do with all these files now?  I tried Coinomi but Coinomi is giving out invalid addresses that don't work.  Help!

What are you exactly trying to do? The quote is about mining... but you want to use coinomi?

I would like to use an android mobile app for storing Auroracoin.  On the very first page for Auroracoin, it has links like Linux, Windows, IOS, Android, that you can click on to download the wallets.  Well when I click on Android, I have to download a bunch of files to my phone and extract them.  But then all I am left with is a bunch of files on my phone.  I tried Coinomi which is another mobile app that offers an Auroracoin wallet (Beta), but it gives out invalid addresses that do not work so that isn't an option.

Actually the Android link on the auroracoin.is site currently link to the Coinomi wallet so I'm not sure what you are referring to.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
June 12, 2016, 01:14:55 PM
I tried Coinomi which is another mobile app that offers an Auroracoin wallet (Beta), but it gives out invalid addresses that do not work so that isn't an option.

I'm using coinomi successfully (for small amounts) on my phone. It seems to work well enough. Can receive and send.

I suggest you talk to coinomi guys about your problem. Maybe you can post that "invalid" address here also? It might be interesting to take a look.

EDIT: haven't looked at the "android wallet" since the beginning, so I can't help with that.
June 12, 2016, 12:16:31 PM
Wait, I can mine this?
How....

Hi,

I downloaded the android files on my Samsung phone.  I extracted the files but I have no idea what to do with all these files now?  I tried Coinomi but Coinomi is giving out invalid addresses that don't work.  Help!

What are you exactly trying to do? The quote is about mining... but you want to use coinomi?

I would like to use an android mobile app for storing Auroracoin.  On the very first page for Auroracoin, it has links like Linux, Windows, IOS, Android, that you can click on to download the wallets.  Well when I click on Android, I have to download a bunch of files to my phone and extract them.  But then all I am left with is a bunch of files on my phone.  I tried Coinomi which is another mobile app that offers an Auroracoin wallet (Beta), but it gives out invalid addresses that do not work so that isn't an option.
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2016, 09:57:22 AM
Wait, I can mine this?
How....

Hi,

I downloaded the android files on my Samsung phone.  I extracted the files but I have no idea what to do with all these files now?  I tried Coinomi but Coinomi is giving out invalid addresses that don't work.  Help!

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
June 12, 2016, 07:43:49 AM
After reading it I've decided not to mine, I'll just pick some off the exchanges and hopefully get them cheap. Thanks again bud.

This bitcoin rally could be a good opportunity.
June 12, 2016, 05:09:10 AM
Wait, I can mine this?
How....

After reading it I've decided not to mine, I'll just pick some off the exchanges and hopefully get them cheap. Thanks again bud.
June 11, 2016, 11:04:01 PM
Wait, I can mine this?
How....

Hi,

I downloaded the android files on my Samsung phone.  I extracted the files but I have no idea what to do with all these files now?  I tried Coinomi but Coinomi is giving out invalid addresses that don't work.  Help!
June 08, 2016, 11:44:01 PM
Wait, I can mine this?
How....

legendary
Activity: 1658
June 08, 2016, 06:06:30 PM
Its just that - estimation based on diffculty.
But as difficulty supposedly is adjusted in order to keep ~ same amount of blocks per algo, its just an estimation.

Also in-wallet networkhashes are estimates. Cryptocoins are decentralized (Surprise!), which is also the case with mining. The network does not know who is mining until a block has been found by the miner. All are guestimates, if we knew how many hashes would be on a network jump pools would have not be a problem for so many coins.

Any work towards some way of getting network hash (via wallet)

Nope, but feel free to send in a patch.

getmininginfo is supposed to return network has after all :/

And why would that supposed to be?
Activity: 421
Merit: 101
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
June 08, 2016, 10:46:55 AM
Is the scam still running?

AUR was a scam but community takeover and doing a good job to revive it
legendary
Activity: 1151
June 08, 2016, 04:34:06 AM
Is there anyway to see network hashrate for different algos?

P2Pools like http://crypto.office-on-the.net:12347/static/ have global hashrate estimation.
Its just that - estimation based on diffculty.
But as difficulty supposedly is adjusted in order to keep ~ same amount of blocks per algo, its just an estimation.

Any work towards some way of getting network hash (via wallet)

getmininginfo is supposed to return network has after all :/
June 08, 2016, 04:25:52 AM
June 08, 2016, 04:25:22 AM
Is there anyway to see network hashrate for different algos?

P2Pools like http://crypto.office-on-the.net:12347/static/ have global hashrate estimation.
Pages:
Jump to: