Pages:
Author

Topic: Buy BTC sold for 16 BTC-1 mil USD - page 2. (Read 1494 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 120
May 29, 2024, 01:04:42 PM
But at this time there is to much crap being created and to many collections of just some dumb shit etc
Just too much of it especially for NFTs
I've been thinking about what could be next highly  priced items
Maybe an Art of  the first commercial  transaction  that made btc well known till today.... The Pizza BTC art could  be made in a dynamic way  
In the future more painting and more artwork from Bitcoin will certainly come up and people will spend reasonable amount of money in just having it for themselves. The other day, kylian Mbappé spent a whooping sum of £520,000 for a painting of king pele of Brazil. https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/kylian-mbappe-spends-e520000-on-a-painting-of-pele/
As time goes on, people will always spend good amount of money for something they have passion for or can identify their passion with. You and I can actually put up a nice painting of Bitcoin logo that can be eye capturing with all the aesthetics, and we decide to auction it online for people to bid for it, don't be surprised we will see somebody that will be ready to spend a fortune just to get that piece of artwork in his house.
It’s obvious people get attracted to what they love and want but I don’t see myself spending a huge amount buying what’s not valuable or what will not yield profit within a long period of time. Let’s just say wealthy people will buy without looking at the price tag or the value but we should not expect everyone to do same like buying a low value stuff with a huge amount of money.
Activity: 518
Merit: 156
May 29, 2024, 07:11:50 AM
But at this time there is to much crap being created and to many collections of just some dumb shit etc
Maybe an Art of  the first commercial  transaction  that made btc well known till today.... The Pizza BTC art could  be made in a dynamic way  
In the future more painting and more artwork from Bitcoin will certainly come up and people will spend reasonable amount of money in just having it for themselves. The other day, kylian Mbappé spent a whooping sum of £520,000 for a painting of king pele of Brazil. https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/kylian-mbappe-spends-e520000-on-a-painting-of-pele/
As time goes on, people will always spend good amount of money for something they have passion for or can identify their passion with. You and I can actually put up a nice painting of Bitcoin logo that can be eye capturing with all the aesthetics, and we decide to auction it online for people to bid for it, don't be surprised we will see somebody that will be ready to spend a fortune just to get that piece of artwork in his house.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
May 29, 2024, 03:43:24 AM

I think in Digital art it just needs to separate it selves from the just ordinary dumb drawing images...

For example some kind of art work with a kind of utility like a brand new Pokemon card game with a decentralised distribution of card selling.
if someone would be able setting up an online shop code created with the same kind of RL cards... just the booster boxes, card packages but where no one knows which card are in the packs. When someone buys it its a surprise for everyone what comes out. Then creating a kind of space where we can play/fight with those cards and winning other peoples card or winning some points or a which can be valuable for something else... or By winning making the card more unique as it was before increasing its value or ...... Just an example ...
But main thing is each packet bought must be unknown whats in it and every card has its unique code for its owner, I mean many ways to set something up. but it must be flawless and perfectly worked out to separate it selves and to be unique. Not that it must be pokemon, just an idea of something that could create an online value space for some NFT-online Art kinda thing.
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
May 29, 2024, 02:18:08 AM
In crypto-BTC related stuff i'm curious which will be the next highly priced items (only the exectional stuff) if something comes up you can always share it here...

I was thinking, you know bitcoin has an original logo before someone else designed this new logo anonymously, you can check that out in bitcoin history.

The original logo was BC engraved on a coin.

But i think it would be best as an overpriced Nft

What do you think?

I am pretty sure that this is yet another attempt for money laundering and nothing more, or maybe just a method to tax deduction and nothing more. Those two reasons are quite common in the art world, when you see something and it goes for a million dollars and say "this painting is just red canvas and nothing more!!  how could it be a million dollars!!" well that is the point, they do money laundering, and artists are aware of it and in on it.

You end up paying that much, and you launder the money, OR you just pay that much, and deduct that from tax, then give it to your friend for two million next year, who deducts it, and then he gives... and it goes on. Real art and fake art are obvious from each other, you will understand the reason when you see a fake one. This smells the same way.

This also can be a reason and something to consider... But I don't think its on all the occassions

I hardly think this was used for money laundering, no money laundering would buy an under valued piece of art if his intention was to sell it back unless there was already a plan between him and the seller to in some way get his money back behind the sence after the deal is done.

This is a mere piece of paper just written buy bitcoin on it and someone payed millions for it, the whole senerio looks more like a flaunting or showing off of money than some set up stuff, so I would disagree with you.

I never seen this Btc logo before but the design is very beautiful,thanks for sharing it here.
Activity: 644
Merit: 17
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 29, 2024, 12:25:25 AM
In crypto-BTC related stuff i'm curious which will be the next highly priced items (only the exectional stuff) if something comes up you can always share it here...

I was thinking, you know bitcoin has an original logo before someone else designed this new logo anonymously, you can check that out in bitcoin history.

What do you think?

This logo was first implemented in the past, but now the logo has been re-designed to become the current Bitcoin logo. But it will be more beautiful in the future and those who hold Bitcoin will own the most valuable assets. Because we usually see the price of the 2025 bull market that those who haven't held Bitcoin will be shocked.

Activity: 98
Merit: 55
May 28, 2024, 01:10:37 PM

What do you think?

Thx … learning something again… been involved long in the bitcoin space and didn’t knew that logo thx

But still an NFT will always have a dicy side … that market will have to figure out there prices first before they come to there true value

I do believe there can be a market for it and people collecting etc

But at some point there will maybe be very unique things with a value and purpose…

The main reason I thought this could be a thign, just like this incident where someone decided that a piece of paper written buy bitcoin from years ago meant something to him and would love pay huge amount for that peice, just same way some might see this bitcoin logo as an art worth having and I wouldn't be surprised.

But since it was not a physical part of the history of bitcoin then it could be remade as an NTF and that way some rich collector would go carry about it, the design and maybe adding more art to it might add some extra new meaning and make it priced more.
Activity: 266
Merit: 119
Keep Promises !
May 28, 2024, 12:36:21 PM
Merit: 217
May 28, 2024, 12:29:21 PM
I wouldn't buy that sign even if I was a billionaire, because I don't see any significance in it. Yeah a dude held it and it generated some hype in Bitcoin community for a week - so what? In my book that wasn't a significant moment in Bitcoin's history. The fact that it was sold for $1M is just another example that there are Bitcoin whales who sit on large amounts of coins and can easily spend $$ millions on some overpriced stuff.

I wouldn't either buy it.... But it is a thing in my book of significant happening, it made some mainstream visibility and some good meme's etc ... also just the act of doing such thing is cool imho.
What makes some whales spend money the way they do is not that they do have it so much so that they don't know what to do with it  but some just care so much about history to the extent that they just want their path or name to be held in history even after they have long gone by doing what other whales that don't give a damn about history wouldn't bother about despite how wealthy they are.

Just as you had rightly said, "that it's now a thing in your book of significant happenings",
and this is not just you doing this there could be a thousands of  others that would have also saved the date as significant too. And probably that was what the buyer of the piece had visioned in mind before taking the step to acquire that sign. And achieving this aim alone could be sufficing to him more than what he would probably sell it for in the future.
You are correct in what you have said. Most rich people work so hard these days to make sure that their children's names are popular in the future. That's why they send them to most of the highest and most popular schools in the world. However, some folks spend money on themselves and their family just to make sure that they get everything they want. And most celebrities today use their influence to sponsor others that are upcoming. From this I wouldn't doubt that most people that invested big money in Bitcoin do it for history to know their name (e.g). For the dude named Lazio who bought pizza for about 10,000 BTC. His name spread all over the world. People that have read some histories know his name.

Re: Buy BTC sold for 16 BTC-1 mil USD

As this is concerned, it's possible for anything to be a NON-FUNGIBLE TOKEN, so maybe the dude who bought the paper with the sum of $1,000,000 didn't know that one million dollars could buy him something that's more valuable than just a piece of paper. IMO, It might be the paper he bought means something to him, but since the paper is not a good store of value it isn't worth such an amount of money, 16 BTC is not just a word, it's something valuable. People that don't have the money are struggling to achieve just 1 BTC (although this is the difference between the rich and the poor).

legendary
May 28, 2024, 12:22:07 PM

What do you think?

Thx … learning something again… been involved long in the bitcoin space and didn’t knew that logo thx

But still an NFT will always have a dicy side … that market will have to figure out there prices first before they come to there true value

I do believe there can be a market for it and people collecting etc

But at some point there will maybe be very unique things with a value and purpose…
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
May 28, 2024, 08:12:24 AM
Although to me I don't feel like it's some kinda  investment but if someone sees it that way then he/she is free to invest like you said what  feels like a $1 might look like a $1000 for another
It could well be an investment because it can also be sold in an auction sometime in the future, and if bitcoin keeps growing and developing at this pace, then it would definitely be sold for a whole lot more in the future.

That is one way to look at it, another way is that people who can afford this sort of expensive, rare and unique piece of history, wouldn't be acquiring it for the profit they can make in the future, and come to think of it, they are already so wealthy and have so many different investments, thus collectibles like this is basically for their pleasure, but not so much for the original owner, who had to monetize it and make good money for what he did.
Activity: 392
Merit: 185
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
May 28, 2024, 08:01:44 AM
I ws just wandering if this Same piece of paper or that 1 SAT  Cool could be auction at $2M  in the next 2~3 years.... let's see who's gonna make it value increase or we could just call it manipulations Tongue
Its all a part of an investment risk just as any other investment you may know, the value go could peak high or get wasted low with years. All about these paper is that the source of it's value are the people and the people's view towards it is a veritable determinant in driving it's value. You could be shocked that the sign could worth beyond $2m in next 3yrs the next time it appears again on auction.

Manipulation too is another ploy used in giving value to some of these collections, they could just make it disappear from public for quite a long time and boom, one day they just showcase it into the market and you see a lot of hands bidding for it therefore topping it's value.

Auctioning allows inflow of clever and intelligent people in a system, productive minds approach any price drop or action as an opportunity to dive into a system and in so doing there is this kind of force that they bring into the investwment terain, most times they are after purchasing at they lower price first before figuring out a way to make the investemnt a valuable asset, lets not forget that people never expected bitcoin to be valued as much as it is now, many people has the oppotunity to own some bitcoin for free but because of the  reluctancy and doubtful attitude they couldn't grab such opportunity, ordinarily investment pushups will be due to the interest of the people, soon this paper might be another valueable investment, Bitcoin was called all sort of names, here we are today Bitcoin is the most valued money both in digital and note currency.
Activity: 168
Merit: 50
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 28, 2024, 03:53:26 AM
I am pretty sure that this is yet another attempt for money laundering and nothing more, or maybe just a method to tax deduction and nothing more. Those two reasons are quite common in the art world, when you see something and it goes for a million dollars and say "this painting is just red canvas and nothing more!!  how could it be a million dollars!!" well that is the point, they do money laundering, and artists are aware of it and in on it.

You end up paying that much, and you launder the money, OR you just pay that much, and deduct that from tax, then give it to your friend for two million next year, who deducts it, and then he gives... and it goes on. Real art and fake art are obvious from each other, you will understand the reason when you see a fake one. This smells the same way.

This also can be a reason and something to consider... But I don't think its on all the occassions

I've looked into it and I did some research, that's not the way that money laundering works

'Overvaluing or undervaluing artworks, using intermediaries for transactions, creating false provenances, or rapidly trading artworks to create a confusing trail of transactions'

, it's has to be something of value at least worth the amount that they want to buy it for, then they would have a line if buyers that they woud sell over and over again to leave little trace and then the final buyer that would give them their money, if anyone thought of doing that then it must be some long term plan.

You can read more about how arts are used for money laundering here.
https://alessa.com/blog/art-money-laundering-explained/#:~:text=Art%20world%20money%20laundering%20employs,a%20confusing%20trail%20of%20transactions.
May 28, 2024, 03:24:11 AM

What do you think?

I am pretty sure that this is yet another attempt for money laundering and nothing more, or maybe just a method to tax deduction and nothing more. Those two reasons are quite common in the art world, when you see something and it goes for a million dollars and say "this painting is just red canvas and nothing more!!  how could it be a million dollars!!" well that is the point, they do money laundering, and artists are aware of it and in on it.

I hardly think this was used for money laundering, no money laundering would buy an under valued piece of art if his intention was to sell it back unless there was already a plan between him and the seller to in some way get his money back behind the sence after the deal is done.

This is a mere piece of paper just written buy bitcoin on it and someone payed millions for it, the whole senerio looks more like a flaunting or showing off of money than some set up stuff, so I would disagree with you.
legendary
May 28, 2024, 03:09:15 AM
May 28, 2024, 03:02:33 AM
Pay $1,000,000 dollars for a piece of paper... Is it a page from the book of life? Will my name be written on it that will guarantee me a place in heaven?

I cannot fathom why anyone would pay such a crazy amount for a piece of paper that would add no value to his or her life and I wouldn't do that even if I was the richest man on earth. People are suffering all over the world and if I should give it to charity, thereby putting smiles on their faces or giving them hope not to give up, then it'd be money well spent.

I wouldn't pay this amount for an item as well... but I did pay more for certain things as what they where worth initially. Not the nrs worth mentioning like the paper etc.
Now in wealth comparison what for me is 1k can easily feel the same like 1m for somebody else ... so being super rich is a factor. 1k and 1m being the same feeling for different people comes in play.
I would say even if i'm the richest person in the world I wouldn't pay for such thing... But maybe when i'm in debt or have 0 savings I would say the same for an article of a few 1000 dollars... So not being the richest kind of people makes us say we wouldn't buy such things. But what if we where among the richest then certainly some kind of guilty pleasure would come in mind something we crave for... I think most people wouldn't give it all up for charity and maybe give a small part up for it, but surely most people would buy the stuff they want. Could be luxury items or crazy houses and holidays etc... But actually buying things like the paper isn't that bad bc it cover some important aspects it could serve as a guilty pleasure that makes you happy and being an investment at the same time, not losing wealth and being an investment at the same time... There are so many ways of discussing these things that it becomes more and more intresting.
On the one way I would say never buying on the other way I would say its a genius thing to buy.

I agree with you, sometimes we just view thigns from our perspective and conclude at our level, I won't be surprised to find out that the persons that bought the paper hardly felt less rich after spending such amount that an average person wouldn't dare to spend on a piece of paper and most folks would say they would never do that but you can never tell since your not that rich, it's just like saying I'll never spend a million dollar on a car but there are people who said that and when they got wealthy they still did, so I like to view this more like someone flaunting his money on something he values and thinks is worth spending his millions for, and we can agree that value is relative to individual perception, i might think its absolutely better to have a gucci shirt and own diamonds and luxury cars while another would consider my lifestyle with less value and would prefer to spend money acquiring relics, arts, books and all the weird stuff, so I think your right about this.
legendary
May 28, 2024, 02:40:29 AM
I am pretty sure that this is yet another attempt for money laundering and nothing more, or maybe just a method to tax deduction and nothing more. Those two reasons are quite common in the art world, when you see something and it goes for a million dollars and say "this painting is just red canvas and nothing more!!  how could it be a million dollars!!" well that is the point, they do money laundering, and artists are aware of it and in on it.

Activity: 0
Merit: 0
May 27, 2024, 05:44:23 PM
Pay $1,000,000 dollars for a piece of paper... Is it a page from the book of life? Will my name be written on it that will guarantee me a place in heaven?

I cannot fathom why anyone would pay such a crazy amount for a piece of paper that would add no value to his or her life and I wouldn't do that even if I was the richest man on earth. People are suffering all over the world and if I should give it to charity, thereby putting smiles on their faces or giving them hope not to give up, then it'd be money well spent.

I wouldn't pay this amount for an item as well... but I did pay more for certain things as what they where worth initially. Not the nrs worth mentioning like the paper etc.
Now in wealth comparison what for me is 1k can easily feel the same like 1m for somebody else ... so being super rich is a factor. 1k and 1m being the same feeling for different people comes in play.
I would say even if i'm the richest person in the world I wouldn't pay for such thing... But maybe when i'm in debt or have 0 savings I would say the same for an article of a few 1000 dollars... So not being the richest kind of people makes us say we wouldn't buy such things. But what if we where among the richest then certainly some kind of guilty pleasure would come in mind something we crave for... I think most people wouldn't give it all up for charity and maybe give a small part up for it, but surely most people would buy the stuff they want. Could be luxury items or crazy houses and holidays etc... But actually buying things like the paper isn't that bad bc it cover some important aspects it could serve as a guilty pleasure that makes you happy and being an investment at the same time, not losing wealth and being an investment at the same time... There are so many ways of discussing these things that it becomes more and more intresting.
On the one way I would say never buying on the other way I would say its a genius thing to buy.
I concur on this. Rich folks like doing crazy things just to gain attention from people. Maybe  $1,000,000 might looks like 1k in his eyes but that doesn't mean he should waste It on a piece of paper.if a billionaire can waste millions of dollars just to visit the already wreck Titanic Ship very deep beneath the ocean,then I am not surprised on this one. They love wasting money just for pleasure
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1112
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
May 27, 2024, 01:25:33 PM

Merit: 119
Keep Promises !
May 27, 2024, 09:10:29 AM

This.....

Might still feel so hard to buy for some of these peoples
Some only priorities on the pleasure  with nothing to gain in return.....
Although to me I don't feel like it's some kinda  investment but if someone sees it that way then he/she is free to invest like you said what  feels like a $1 might look like a $1000 for another
Activity: 2184
Merit: 718
May 27, 2024, 08:50:53 AM
To be honest, 16 is not a small amount, for those who don't know clearly and then find out about the reality, maybe they will feel that they are dreaming and may even faint. However, considering that BTC tends to be profitable, in the long term it will definitely be profitable. because I think BTC is something that is developing all the time, even though there are times when it goes down, it doesn't rule out the possibility that it will rise again skyrocketingly.
Currently, many people know that Bitcoin is the best asset worth buying because those who like to buy it have also seen clearly that Bitcoin can still increase again after experiencing a decline in prices in the market. And those who take advantage of this are not only rich people, but simple people who are not yet rich also take advantage of certain moments to be able to buy Bitcoin when that person already knows about Bitcoin. So something like this is certainly not surprising because everyone who buys it is also based on the abilities they have at that time.

Of course, everyone's priorities are different and I don't think that's a problem, the important thing is to respect each other. with those who can buy it, I think they are rich people who are really rich, of course they do this and they must have certain reasons, maybe like collecting them.
Everyone's priorities are different regarding anything, but for Bitcoin, I think almost everyone has goals that are not much different when they find out that Bitcoin can be used as an investment for the future. So the rich people who buy Bitcoin of course also have a goal in essence, even though they don't reveal this goal to the public so that other people who see their activities only want to collect it. Even though they have more goals than just collecting them, if what they buy is Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: