Pages:
Author

Topic: CGminer v3.8.5 on Broadcom based DD-WRT / OpenWRT - page 7. (Read 76917 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Nice work P_Shep.

Unlike previously, I have to compile cgminer for mips these days since that's what runs directly on avalon so hopefully things run more smoothly for you now.

You guys removed FPGA support on avalons cgminer?
Excuse me?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Nice work P_Shep.

Unlike previously, I have to compile cgminer for mips these days since that's what runs directly on avalon so hopefully things run more smoothly for you now.

You guys removed FPGA support on avalons cgminer?
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
There's just one change I have to do actually... that roundl() macro. It needs including for MIPSEB and MIPSEL.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Nice work P_Shep.

legendary
This is not OK.
legendary
This is not OK.
Yeah, what you do is unplug the USB stick.... then plug it in the other one Smiley

You don't have to do much else them make sure it mounts in the right place on start up.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Seems to work with my Ztex on my old e3200:)

Question:
I need to change my router because its dead.... Is there a way to reuse the USB stick with all the installed things on it with a new router?
I bought a replacement router (Asus RT-N16) and don't want to do all of it again Smiley

legendary
This is not OK.
Upped to 3.1.1.

Tested the executable runs on my router (starts, that is), but can't test any mining, as I have no FPGA's anymore.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5g0o4b3gzepy8x/cgminer-3.1.1-mipsel.tar.gz
That can happen to wall-wart PSUs.
The voltage 'floats' anywhere it likes, so if you have two, the grounds can be at different potentials.
Maybe you can try another 12V supply?

Tried a bunch of Wall wart's now ... Have to send it back behause i don't want to get zapped of have the Chance of starting a fire Wink

Thx for help.

Is there a list on wich routers this cgminer will work?

Looks cool. I'm not sure how to set this up though, the OP doesn't really explain what to do. I don't have much experience with using DD-wrt on my routerother than adjusting wireless radio settings for best performance. Any guides?

EDIT: Also, I see there is a guide for dd-wrt somewhere, where is it? I feel like I'm missingsomething  Huh lol.. Cheesy

EDIT#2: Derp, so it says I NEED usb storage, is there any way around that?

No you need a tiny thumb drive for opt ware, bitstreams and so forth.

As for installation of Ddwrt I'll help you with what I can Smiley

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Looks cool. I'm not sure how to set this up though, the OP doesn't really explain what to do. I don't have much experience with using DD-wrt on my routerother than adjusting wireless radio settings for best performance. Any guides?

EDIT: Also, I see there is a guide for dd-wrt somewhere, where is it? I feel like I'm missingsomething  Huh lol.. Cheesy

EDIT#2: Derp, so it says I NEED usb storage, is there any way around that?
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
I have a few routers using DD-WRT. What kind of hash rates is everyone getting?
legendary
This is not OK.
That can happen to wall-wart PSUs.
The voltage 'floats' anywhere it likes, so if you have two, the grounds can be at different potentials.
Maybe you can try another 12V supply?
anybody try on dlink dir320?) or zyxel keenetic v1 ?

Nope ... Tried it on a MR3420 but there are no drivers for my Ztex boards!

@All

Has anyone got an E3200 like me?

After about 3 month that thing started to give me electro shocks over the USB port.....?! There is somehow current on the shielding of my USB cables (if you touch it, it hurts Sad)..... Cant figure out why. Checked everything twice but it seems to be the router having a malfunction:/

Anyone noticed this behavior on their machines?
ZPK
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1021
anybody try on dlink dir320?) or zyxel keenetic v1 ?
legendary
This is not OK.
It works Smiley

THX great work that you did there!
legendary
This is not OK.
Just a general FYI:

From Kano's post here: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/913-bitforce-sc-communication-protocol-draft-revision-2-a-7.html#post27722
He says the Rpi uses 3% CPU running a single Jalapenos.

The Rpi has a 700MHz ARM processor. The N routers are ~ 480MHz MIPS processors.

Just a ball-park figure, i'd say the Jalapenos will use 4-5% CPU on the MIPS, so you won't be able to run too many on the routers. Say 10  for ~50% CPU usage (don't think you'd want to maintain much over that).

I wonder what usage the singles would use... since the difficulty should just scale, I'm thinking the singles would also use ~5% CPU each.
legendary
This is not OK.
You can leave them. Should have no affect.
You should just need to copy cgminer binary and cgminer.sh script.
That should do it.

Delete the old Libusb files ?
legendary
This is not OK.
You should just need to copy cgminer binary and cgminer.sh script.
That should do it.
Pages:
Jump to: