Pages:
Author

Topic: [CHART] Bitcoin Inflation vs. Time - page 2. (Read 1087945 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
June 09, 2020, 03:32:43 AM
Sad should we wait for so long till 2030>!

Actually, if you are just getting started in bitcoin, then 10 years would be a pretty good investment timeline to build up the quantity of your bitcoins.

In the scheme of things, even 10 years is fairly short for an investment timeline and to really establish your position, even though bitcoin has shown the ability of investors to profit quite well in the short term, too.   Yet, many times traditional investment timelines tend to take 30 years or longer to really bear fruit... and frequently there will be needs for persistence and even smart investment and preserving capital while building capital.

In regards to bitcoin, there could be up to 3 upwards and downwards cycles between now and 2030, though, so it is good to prepare for those kinds of cyclical possibilities, too... .even though none of the BTC price action matters are even close to guaranteed, there are merely a variety of decent BTC price prediction models, that so far seem to be valid, which would include the stock to flow model amongst the most well known of the current seemingly valid BTC price prediction models.
I mean less than year it was pretty much upwards and downwards that;s make me kinda doubt about 2030
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
June 08, 2020, 10:53:53 PM

Actually, if you are just getting started in bitcoin, then 10 years would be a pretty good investment timeline to build up the quantity of your bitcoins.

In the scheme of things, even 10 years is fairly short for an investment timeline and to really establish your position, even though bitcoin has shown the ability of investors to profit quite well in the short term, too.   Yet, many times traditional investment timelines tend to take 30 years or longer to really bear fruit... and frequently there will be needs for persistence and even smart investment and preserving capital while building capital.

In regards to bitcoin, there could be up to 3 upwards and downwards cycles between now and 2030, though, so it is good to prepare for those kinds of cyclical possibilities, too... .even though none of the BTC price action matters are even close to guaranteed, there are merely a variety of decent BTC price prediction models, that so far seem to be valid, which would include the stock to flow model amongst the most well known of the current seemingly valid BTC price prediction models.
June 08, 2020, 05:31:42 PM
Activity: 3
May 12, 2020, 02:53:21 AM
... the first line (blue) is a simple geometric function that halves the slope of increase every 210,000 blocks (initial slope 50 bitcoin per block), increasing linearly between each halving. The second (red) line is derived from that, first derivative.

Ah,thanks! That's what I was looking for!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
May 11, 2020, 08:44:40 PM

... the first line (blue) is a simple geometric function that halves the slope of increase every 210,000 blocks (initial slope 50 bitcoin per block), increasing linearly between each halving. The second (red) line is derived from that, first derivative.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
May 11, 2020, 02:05:16 PM
Would anyone be able to share the dataset or, preferably, functions for the two plot lines used to generate this graph?
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin
May 11, 2020, 11:30:11 AM
Would anyone be able to share the dataset or, preferably, functions for the two plot lines used to generate this graph?
legendary
March 31, 2020, 01:21:41 PM
???I don't know why should it be like that for me it s not so clear
For a lot of people it is not very clear, but when the train starts going, they are trying to catch up, even if it is still not clear to them why the train is going.. and it becomes a kind of panic chaos.. .that is still not clear, even though it would have been better to have been at least partly on the train rather than chasing it. 

You have your own choices, regarding your level of preparedness attempts, or not... or just to continue to be "not so clear"
I agree, everyone should have their own choices, we must not make choices because of others but, because of our own. If people make their own choices, I believe in the end they would not have any regrets because it is their own choice that they have putted trust into.
I don't believe that every person has the ability and personal quality to make own decision every time.
Moreover I don't think they should be like that.
In current era I think people should rely on social media influencers and those should think twice before making any move or giving any piece of info to their followers.
I mean no man can know and understand anything, but one can find another to trust

That's ridiculous.

Be responsible for yourself.

Being responsible for yourself does not mean that you are going to be successful or even come to the right decisions all of the time, and of course, if you have mental deficiencies, then you are going to need to rely on someone else, but I am merely attempting to assume normal and regular people have mental faculties, ability to learn and abilities to learn how to sort good information from bad information while creating their own planning and strategies around that.

Surely, over the years we learn from others, and when we are younger, we don't know as many things, so in that regard it is good and prudent to have some humbleness in attempting to learn from others, while at the same time, we are responsible for our actions and the management of our portfolios.

Of course, anyone has the ability to also contract out financial management while understanding that there are fees involved with that, but bitcoin allows way more abilities to directly interact with the asset.

There is a lot of good advice and suggestions on this forum in order that members can learn various prudent strategies and practices, such as don't invest more than you can afford to lose (meaning make sure that you are prepared to pay your ongoing expenses no matter what because you don't want to be forced into cashing out any bitcoin at a time that is other than your own choosing). 

Accordingly, it takes quite a bit of time to learn about all of these various financial management practices, whether we are talking about bitcoin or any other investment assets, and surely, I would recommend a lot of caution regarding investing in shitcoins for a variety of reasons, but anyhow just getting back to understanding yourself and your personal financial situation has to do with getting a grip on various aspects of your own circumstances including your cashflow, your other investments, your timeline, your view of bitcoin versus your other assets, your risk tolerance (including managing such risk), and your skills and time available to manage your portfolio (including researching/learning, trading, reallocating and tweaking from time to time). 

Getting a grip on these various aspects of your own circumstances take time, and yeah if you rush into rash approaches that involve gambling while trying to get rich way the fuck quicker than is feasible, then you are surely taking a lot of chances that you might end up losing any principle that you have built, or if you believe that you can engage in leverage trading, then that takes extreme high level skills that may be akin to gambling that have considerable chances of turning out badly. 

So maybe traditionally it could take a whole lifetime to build up a portfolio in which you might consider yourself rich, and there are a lot of young people who have historically talked a pretty BIG ass game, but statistics show that a large number of people do not succeed in terms of really establishing and maintaining situations that are very well off for them, which should also involve figuring out ways to live well within your means, and so you are always building an investment portfolio that at some point grows to such a level that you are able to live off the income from the size of your investment portfolio.  Standards of living will vary, too, so a person could become independently wealthy on less than $500k of principle, if his monthly expenses are sustainably below $1,667 per month. 

Other people are going to feel like they need more than that to be happy or able to generate enough income to sustain themselves with their lifestyle, and maybe they might paint themselves into a corner of never being able to pull the fuck you lever if their requirements to live are way higher than any principle that they are able to accumulate. 

So for example, acquiring a principle of $2million should be able to sustain a passive income of $6,667 per month, and many of us would believe that to be sufficiently enough, even in western economies, but if you choose to have higher expenses or to live in the middle of an expensive area, you might need twice that amount....

Yet a lot of the problem for people to establish fuck you status remains the inclination to gamble too much and to NOT sufficiently focus on the importance of actually building their principle to a sufficiently high enough level to sustain themselves sufficiently.  Sure anyone could get lucky and reach such "fuck you" status in less than 30 years or less than 15 years, but those are frequently considerable exceptions to the rule, and striving to rush the process will more likely cause failure to achieve such "fuck you" status rather than attempting to plan the longer game that concentrates on building principle and continuously stacking away principle in such a way that allows you to recognize a point in which that principle is going to be enough to sustainably pull the fuck you lever. 

You don't get these kinds of personal assessment skills by either relying on others or contracting out your thinking to others, and you are only going to get the requisite money management and wealth acquisition skills by attempting to employ them yourself, prudently practicing them, learning from your likely inevitable various mistakes and tweaking your system and approach on a sufficiently "as needed" basis.  Even if you get lucky with some gambling investment that you made, you still need to figure out ways to both preserve the gains and to figure out ways that your gains are sufficiently and adequately working for you.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
March 31, 2020, 10:55:44 AM
For a lot of people it is not very clear, but when the train starts going, they are trying to catch up, even if it is still not clear to them why the train is going.. and it becomes a kind of panic chaos.. .that is still not clear, even though it would have been better to have been at least partly on the train rather than chasing it. 

You have your own choices, regarding your level of preparedness attempts, or not... or just to continue to be "not so clear"
I agree, everyone should have their own choices, we must not make choices because of others but, because of our own. If people make their own choices, I believe in the end they would not have any regrets because it is their own choice that they have putted trust into.
I don't believe that every person has the ability and personal quality to make own decision every time.
Moreover I don't think they should be like that.
In current era I think people should rely on social media influencers and those should think twice before making any move or giving any piece of info to their followers.
I mean no man can know and understand anything, but one can find another to trust
Activity: 574
Merit: 108
January 20, 2020, 07:31:58 PM

Activity: 894
Merit: 1
January 19, 2020, 07:43:21 PM
Cool! It's look like Bitcoin economy is going to be recession immune. Sooo... is Bitcoin mining still profitable? 

Of course no, only if you using free electricity and loan technical equipment and its location..
Activity: 147
Merit: 6
January 11, 2020, 02:13:39 AM
Cool! It's look like Bitcoin economy is going to be recession immune. Sooo... is Bitcoin mining still profitable? 
Activity: 36
January 09, 2020, 01:33:11 AM
https://www.coincurb.com/news/great-run-for-digital-currencies/
Bitcoin is widely accepted but according to economists, it has a long run to cover.
Activity: 154
December 23, 2019, 03:09:45 PM
The graph perfectly shows the bitcoin chart. And the higher, the bitcoin becomes higher in price.
Activity: 31
December 21, 2019, 08:13:54 AM
By the looks of it, bitcoin is a vital alternative in countries where there isn't any good/stable stock market to invest in, and declining currency purchasing power.
should need a big mac index for bitcoin or the sort to track inflation

Half year later I can admit - countries are adopting btc faster if govs has big problems at the moment.
However now BTC is constantly falling and more countries consider the option of developing its own digital currency.

Anyway, Imo we will see real Inflation after last bitcoin is mined
legendary
December 20, 2019, 11:44:04 AM

December 20, 2019, 05:53:07 AM
legendary
November 17, 2019, 03:05:41 PM
I have strong economical education background.

The btc is in Financial world asset.

Asset is property, gold,

First rule :

When the Bitcoin is strong then fiat is weak.
When fiat inflation rate is high then real estate, gold silver and Bitcoin value is high.

When Economy is Good then the fiat currency have high inflation rate... When markets are Booming stock market for example... Then fiat has high inflation.

When currency has very low inflation rate then this is called economic recression.

AT the economical down time the most of the money is eliminitated from circlelation...
Less Money in circlelation will make money more sacred,  world Economy works by alchemical fundamentals.

The economic system works Simple way anyone just learn the basic rules... Just simple rules and you can make a lot profit!!

Knowledge is power Smiley

There may be some straight-forward systems, like you mentioned, but historical patterns does not always establish future patterns, and surely at one point, there were thoughts that bitcoin did not matter at all, and now, more and more BIG players are getting into bitcoin, including sometimes replacing their historical gold investments with bitcoin - though it would be quite imprudent to write off gold completely, since there are already easy institutional mechanisms in place to get in and out of paper gold, and even cumbersome ways to get into physical gold, if anyone would want to burden themselves in that direction.

So, yeah, there remain questions regarding the extent to which bitcoin is correlated to any of these historical asset classes, and/or the extent to which bitcoin's newness would appropriately be compared with historical asset classes including questions about whether bitcoin is in the midst of an exponential s-curve of adoption, then if so at what stage is bitcoin in such s-curve adoption and even if it will play out in a kind of gradual or steep curve. 

Of course, you can make money, but there are so many people who cannot be bothered attempting to figure out the relationships between various asset classes, and the extent to which historical patterns might play out with bitcoin in the scene, including some of the money that goes into related products such as ICOs, shitcoins and various uncertainties regarding how that might play out - as well as uncertainties regarding politics and like you mentioned whether interest rates go up or down and whether governments are going to be able to act as sloppily and irresponsibly as they have in the past with their money printing machinery... and whether bitcoin and other possible investments, including shitcoins, will let them get away with such practices to flood the market with their currencies that might end up devaluating, especially relative to something that is so potentially provably scarce, such as bitcoin.
Activity: 11
November 17, 2019, 06:47:59 AM
inflation is commensurate to supply, even when the demand is limited. The inflation in price of bitcoin will cause investors to look elsewhere to achieve their aim of profit when the supply of bitcoin is reached.
Pages:
Jump to: