Pages:
Author

Topic: Implications of the FTX and Alameda Situation for Cryptocurrency and Regulation - page 2. (Read 359 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
billionaires like Bankman-Fraud don't get jailed. he was prepared for this since he had donated to politicians long before his scheme was exposed.
but he also made lots of people mad at him who put all their hopes to FTT. lives are destroyed. if someone naked with a hammer breaks in his mansion while he is sleeping, it wouldn't be surprising anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
The news said SBF is still in Bamahas, it could end up how Karpeles hides back when no regulators want to take action.

How is Karpeles hiding?
He was in Japan when Mt. Gox collapsed, he was arrested by Japanese police forces, and he went to trial there, he was released on bail and required to remain in Japan which he did!

Why hasn't Bankman-Fried been arrested by law enforcement yet?

By what law enforcement and on what base?
What you have there are rumors that there is no actual police investigation if any company goes bankrupt and there are rumors that clients' funds might have been used do you think everyone will get arrested before an investigation, just because someone is pointing fingers?

Crypto exchange FTX lent billions of dollars worth of customer assets to fund risky bets by its affiliated trading firm, Alameda Research, setting the stage for the exchange’s implosion, a person familiar with the matter said.
FTX Chief Executive Sam Bankman-Fried told an investor this week that Alameda owes FTX about $10 billion, the person said. FTX extended loans to Alameda using money that customers had deposited on the exchange for trading purposes, a decision that Mr. Bankman-Fried described as a poor judgment call, according to the person.

So, some guys gives an interview and you think is a base for an arrest!

Let's wait and see if it's even like that, I'm starting to change my opinion on SBF, unlike Alex Mashinsky, which by the way is still free also, he seems more and more like a guy that actually believed in the nonsense he was saying, not that he is not guilty of all this mess but I don't think he did it just for financial gains.

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ftx-tapped-into-customer-accounts-to-fund-risky-bets-setting-up-its-downfall-11668093732
FTX Tapped Into Customer Accounts to Fund Risky Bets, Setting Up Its Downfall
FTX’s chief executive told investors this week that an affiliated trading firm owes the crypto exchange about $10 billion

I understand that everywhere there is a lobby, but there must be a red line.

The news said SBF is still in Bamahas, it could end up how Karpeles hides back when no regulators want to take action.
But then even today, there are still no clear regulations in crypto, not any finance regulating body willing to regulate crypto seeing the market as a hot potato due to this kind of systematic problem where every bear market there are companies that suddenly declare bankruptcy.

I think he scammed big renowned people like Scaramucci. Using the funds of these people seriously gonna get him in trouble. Probably, thru this incident also a group will step up to bail out and act to regulate the crypto market thru FTX leadership.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
According to Reuters (I read the article a few hours ago): ftx us is financially unaffected by the investments. If there's enough funds to cover withdrawals in the Bahamas, there's a chance nothing will happen to him (arrest or prosecution wise) - the article I'd want to reference has since been shortened, it was very long and the parts of where ftx still has liquidity and where it doesn't don't seem to be mentioned.

I kinda think he offered for the company to take on those risky holdings to bolster cryptos position and help keep them liquid, if so then it might be considered philanthropic and become hard for a judge to actually prosecute - especially if there was a strategy behind taking those holdings and selling them on fairly quickly which might be something that gets done or would've been soon on the original trajectory (in only a year or two).
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ftx-tapped-into-customer-accounts-to-fund-risky-bets-setting-up-its-downfall-11668093732
FTX Tapped Into Customer Accounts to Fund Risky Bets, Setting Up Its Downfall
FTX’s chief executive told investors this week that an affiliated trading firm owes the crypto exchange about $10 billion

I understand that everywhere there is a lobby, but there must be a red line.
Pages:
Jump to: