Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it advisable for a beginner to invest in a newly launch project? - page 2. (Read 544 times)

Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
Nope- I will definitely NOT advice beginners to invest on a newly launched project given that the knowledge required is too great for them to grasp.

Remember that beginners should be able to understand the fundamentals of cryptocurrencies. Before investing into any altcoins, they must first learn the basics and on how cryptocurrencies work in the first place. Also, be reminded that majority of new projects are famous for its "rug pulls" where the projects would collect the investment and banish after receiving all of the donations and monetary support from its backers.

Just to add, investing on BTC is already risky. Why add another layer of risk to these beginners? You may also bring more harm than good if they get the wrong idea from investing into newly launched projects especially if the latter fails to uphold its promise to its backers.
Activity: 154
Merit: 108
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Well I think is not advisable for a beginner to invest in a newly launch project, reason been that you don't know if the project will last for a long period of time, or if the project happens to be scam. some project can look very real and promising but at the end it won't work out the Way you expected, most of the project can decide to reward the first set of people who participated from day one just to make it look real, so as to attract people, at this point you will see a lot of people investing in that project without knowing their intention, those investors who didn't invest quite on time will find it difficult to withdraw their fund's, that is why before investing in any newly launch project first thing you should do is to make a deep research about the project before looking out to make investment, However most of the beginnings don't make research before making any investment, that is the mean reason why most of the beginnings  get scammed so easily.

Yes one can actually do whatever they want, Bitcoin is the only coin that has seen to stand out of the crowd that is less risky when compared to other coins but everyone has to tailor down what he or she want in terms of coins involvement. But however, talking about new project I will presume that you are referring to other coins which I could say that any newbie in the space should be able to have a basic knowledge and understanding of what her she is venturing in to.
Activity: 644
Merit: 152
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

You're absolutely right, before investing in any newly launch project is always advisable to make a proper research about the project before any other thing, is very important.  I think the reason why most beginners  easily fall victim to scammers is because they always jump into making investment without making a research about the project.

even research alone is not enough, because many projects that seem credible and from reputable teams, but ultimately end in failure. because investing in a new project is quite risky, only people who are ready to take the risks of their investment understand this. therefore, beginners who want to invest in new projects must be able to know their limits and not invest too much of their money in new projects because of the risks.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I don't blame newbies that are investing in new projects but are they doing it the right way? This is my concern, because those who are making the gains from new altcoins are the ones that are engaging in IDO and ICOs on the biggest platforms like DaoMaker and Seedify.

Those who are buying at the open market are at biggest risks because they have no clue about what they are doing, most of these new coins will dump weeks after they are launched and for me I always wait for the dump before I buy, if you buy at the top the investors will likely dump on you.

Bitcoin is the most recommendable for beginners and newbies, you don't need to investigate if Bitcoin will survive or die in the next few months or year to come, you only have to do your research on the right Bitcoin wallets to use to store your Bitcoin, to avoid scams.
Whether a s person is a beginner, intermediate, or expert in cryptocurrency investing in newly launched projects without doing proper research on the authenticity of the project then such a person is bound to lose their money in the investment if the project ends up being a scam cryptocurrency project.

I dont think that investing in a new project that was launched in the market or buying in a specific exchange means anything. They are all the same, for example, they say Binance is the top 1 cryptocurrency exchange and that the security level is strong and the cost of a new project to get listed in Binance is quite huge. Yet, some scam projects still penetrate the platform and make runs with people's investment.

The easiest way to avoid investing in the wrong project is by avoiding all the newly launched projects and starting investing in the real ones. Bitcoin, ETH, and SOL are good for investing now.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
~snip~
It is always risky to invest in the newly launched projects, and in case of a beginner investor it will be more riskier for him. Today most of the newly launched projects on cryptocurrency are being scammer and it will be natural for beginners not to identify them. And result will be lost his fund. So my suggestion will be for beginners investor invest with the top coins like Bitcoin, etherium, solana, light coin. The best option will be invest on Bitcoin for long time
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
I don't blame newbies that are investing in new projects but are they doing it the right way? This is my concern, because those who are making the gains from new altcoins are the ones that are engaging in IDO and ICOs on the biggest platforms like DaoMaker and Seedify.

Those who are buying at the open market are at biggest risks because they have no clue about what they are doing, most of these new coins will dump weeks after they are launched and for me I always wait for the dump before I buy, if you buy at the top the investors will likely dump on you.

Bitcoin is the most recommendable for beginners and newbies, you don't need to investigate if Bitcoin will survive or die in the next few months or year to come, you only have to do your research on the right Bitcoin wallets to use to store your Bitcoin, to avoid scams.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
When we say Beginners, these are people who are new and have no well developed knowledge on a particular field (it may be anything, Bitcoin or something else). Being a beginner /newbie whereas fully knowing their is nothing known about investment making, why would one want to now venture into something they have no common sense about. In some cases, It does not really matter whether newly launched projects or not, as long their is no proper/basic knowledge as well being a newbie then it's best to restrain from investing.
When it comes to investments, we have two kinds of investors... those that invest based on a professional financial advise and those that invest based on gut feeling & personal research!

And considering this is about a beginner/newbie this doesn't mean these people press the buy button while closing their eyes, no!!
With so many scams around the internet one needs to be cyber smart to protect oneself and ones investment and if I were still a newbie in this niche of investments I would still do my research as it's a basic requisite to survive in this industry and should not be used as an excuse not to...besides this is like buying a car, as a new car buyer you need to do your research into the cars problems, its best features etc and if it checks your boxes you go ahead and buy!!
Activity: 770
Merit: 180
Is it advisable for a beginner to invest in a newly launch project?
Advisable I don't think so!

But if you are going to be diligent enough to look for any red flags not to invest or the green flags that will give you a reason that will convince you to invest in the project then I don't see anything wrong investing this way as you have done your homework and it's checked your boxes then one can go for it...

Btw,when it comes to new projects, everyone needs to do their due diligence regardless of being an experienced crypto investor or newbie!!
Exactly. Regardless of the position, one should not invest without doing extensive research at first. Be it new or old projects, any investor should not jump into investing but should always take time to study the project first and determine if there are high potentials to succeed or just like any project, it’s going to get doomed and vanish all of a sudden. So knowing the project well is a must, most especially if you are also a beginner in crypto industry.

You're absolutely right, before investing in any newly launch project is always advisable to make a proper research about the project before any other thing, is very important.  I think the reason why most beginners  easily fall victim to scammers is because they always jump into making investment without making a research about the project.
To be honest, I don't think that to research on a project before investing in it is enough to okay any investment plan in place. Moreso talking about a newbie who should be observing and learning before engaging in such venture.
My reasons being that, one has to have nursed the interest and have a leading in that direction before any research on the said project, not necessarily crypto, would bear fruit.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195

But if you are going to be diligent enough to look for any red flags not to invest or the green flags that will give you a reason that will convince you to invest in the project then I don't see anything wrong investing this way as you have done your homework and it's checked your boxes then one can go for it...

Btw,when it comes to new projects, everyone needs to do their due diligence regardless of being an experienced crypto investor or newbie!!
Exactly. Regardless of the position, one should not invest without doing extensive research at first. Be it new or old projects, any investor should not jump into investing but should always take time to study the project first and determine if there are high potentials to succeed or just like any project, it’s going to get doomed and vanish all of a sudden. So knowing the project well is a must, most especially if you are also a beginner in crypto industry.

When we say Beginners, these are people who are new and have no well developed knowledge on a particular field (it may be anything, Bitcoin or something else). Being a beginner /newbie whereas fully knowing their is nothing known about investment making, why would one want to now venture into something they have no common sense about. In some cases, It does not really matter whether newly launched projects or not, as long their is no proper/basic knowledge as well being a newbie then it's best to restrain from investing.
Activity: 140
Merit: 34

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

Activity: 896
Merit: 653
Well I think is not advisable for a beginner to invest in a newly launch project, reason been that you don't know if the project will last for a long period of time, or if the project happens to be scam. some project can look very real and promising but at the end it won't work out the Way you expected, most of the project can decide to reward the first set of people who participated from day one just to make it look real, so as to attract people, at this point you will see a lot of people investing in that project without knowing their intention, those investors who didn't invest quite on time will find it difficult to withdraw their fund's, that is why before investing in any newly launch project first thing you should do is to make a deep research about the project before looking out to make investment, However most of the beginnings don't make research before making any investment, that is the mean reason why most of the beginnings  get scammed so easily.
As a beginner who just got introduced into cryptocurrency, I will say that the best advice for such individual will be for them to first learn to master how cryptocurrency works, because inasmuch as we have got new coins which gets launched every week, it's rare to find good projects likely to give you mad profits, which is why I always advise people to invest in Bitcoin and HODL for long term, rather than looking for projects waiting to be launch. Secondly, the exchange by which a project is intending to be launched is another factor to always look out for, because it has been proven that projects launched on tier 1 exchanges (i.e Binance, Kucoin & e.t.c ) always have great potential of performing better, than projects launched on tier 2 exchanges. But, however, it's never a guarantee. 

Hence, always ensure to do your own intensive research before paying a penny.
Activity: 644
Merit: 155
hi OP, I think this thread can be locked immediately. because you are the one who created the question in the title, you are also the one who directly answered it in the explanation of your post.
If you have said it is better or not recommended for beginners, we here will also immediately agree. due to many factors including:
1. still a beginner
2. It is not clear whether the project will be strong or not
3. Don't have a good cash flow starting from reserve funds and others
4. many scam projects
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
Whether you are a newbie or an old-timer, investing in a new project that has no use case is too risky, and considered like you are gambling. It is not discouraged to try new projects but you must have done research to avoid investing in scam projects. It is not just research but there is trust.
But for me, I shouldn't take much risk with them. There are a lot of old projects that has been known for their profit potential which is highly recommended. Unless you really have the guts and certainty for that project which is not a problem.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
Well I think is not advisable for a beginner to invest in a newly launch project, reason been that you don't know if the project will last for a long period of time, or if the project happens to be scam.
As a beginner dont. You dont wanna get burn your funds without much enjoying it. Investing on new projects is quite risky but could also gain you more profits if you played it right. Some have earning a lot of multiplier for being early but the tricks there is too be so early if you have confidence then fogo for it but make sure you are aware of the risk and only invest youre willing to lose.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

Regardless whether these projects are new or old, the fact that the investor is a beginner, then he should not jump into taking such investments. Instead, he should focus on his knowledge acquisition about the potential projects in the market and take time to research about those red flags that could possibly turn these potential projects into scam ones. That way, he’ll be able to lessen the chances getting scam in the market, most especially that he is still not making consistent profits knowing of his beginner’s status.
Firstly, Op you should try to use tools like grammarly to correct some common errors in spellings.

It's more advisable to stay away from newly launched projects especially when you're new to the system but perhaps if one is well acquainted with the basic knowledge then they can wager around chasing profit maybe they could get favoured.

Most of the projects that are being created nowadays are mostly scam and/or pump and dump coins that get hypes from shillers in order to look more authentic but at the end investors who are naive gets to loss into their hands which is a major reason why we only advise newbies like me to only take part in projects that are solid already like bitcoin.

Additionally, if a newbie wants to take part in a new project then it's absolutely on him or her to manage the consequences and/or reward which equally means that such risk could go positively or negatively hence it's to the fate of the investor.

Thanks for your information, that is why we need to have more educated people around us, so that whenever time we make mistakes they will be there to correct us, I so much appreciate you Sir, I promise to work on it.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
It's not advisable for anyone to invest in a "project". All those crypto projects are just different kinds of scams. What is common between them all is that they paint a promising picture of how they will change the world and make investors rich, and on practice do absolutely nothing but pocket investor money and invest in marketing campaign. Pretty much no crypto project was ever succesful. Even Ethereum is 8 years old already and didn't become "world's computer" - it's only "world's platform for shitcoins".

Bitcoin is the only coin that is different because it's not a "project" - Bitcoin didn't make any promises - Satoshi never said that Bitcoin will become a global p2p currency, he only said that it will be the goal.
It is usually difficult to verify the authenticity of newly launched projects. This is why new entrants of crypto shouldn't invest in them. Many of these new projects come up with aggressive publicity which makes them look legitimate to attract people who will end up losing their funds. I will suggest to newbies to only invest in Bitcoin first before they consider buying other coins. And they should also do enough research to ascertain how genuine the project is. For me, I don't invest in any overhyped project that promises huge and quick returns. Any newbie who is greedy and impatient is a cheap prey for scammers.

You're absolutely right, I think your advice is very clear, as a beginner this are the things you need to know before making any investment, so that you won't fall a victim.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
Well I think is not advisable for a beginner to invest in a newly launch project, reason been that you don't know if the project will last for a long period of time, or if the project happens to be scam. some project can look very real and promising but at the end it won't work out the Way you expected, most of the project can decide to reward the first set of people who participated from day one just to make it look real, so as to attract people, at this point you will see a lot of people investing in that project without knowing their intention, those investors who didn't invest quite on time will find it difficult to withdraw their fund's, that is why before investing in any newly launch project first thing you should do is to make a deep research about the project before looking out to make investment, However most of the beginnings don't make research before making any investment, that is the mean reason why most of the beginnings  get scammed so easily.
from my own perspective it is not all about investing in a new project but all about to make a research before you invest in any of the new project because some of the new projects is good Project but it will take you time for you to make a proper research to understand the Foundation of the project and the people who is the furtherance of the project, so I know very well that cryptocurrency is one of the investment that you are not supposed to enter into with making a proper research.
Pages:
Jump to: