Pages:
Author

Topic: Most P2P occured on WhatsApp, Telegram and everywhere on the streets - page 2. (Read 179 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Crypto: Peer-to-peer trading is worth $500bn in Nigeria – Cryptocurrency expert

The CEO of one of NoOnes who was the former CEO of Paxful, Ray Youssef said so. That crypto trading in Nigeria is 10x more than what is reported which are on centralized exchanges. That most crypto trading takes place on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

Speaking on the astronomical P2P transactions on Friday, the NoOnes boss asserted, “Peer-to-peer is probably like a half a trillion dollar business inside Nigeria alone. That’s the truth. Officially, cryptocurrency volume in Nigeria is at $59 billion a year, and that’s just all the official volume of everything that is happening on centralised exchanges that can be tracked on the blockchain. Yeah, let’s say $59bn to $60bn.

That’s a joke; the real volume is ten times more than that. That’s peer-to-peer, and that’s not just volume that has happened.” Youssef added that most of the P2P transactions do not happen on Binance or any other platform but on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

I did not know this exchange, NoOnes until now. I only know him as the former Paxful CEO. Is this a way to market his exchange or he is telling the truth?

I know some people in my street that do not know how to trade on Binance. All they need is a bitcoin wallet and a vendor which they can meet on social media or on the street.
Let's say his correct to an extent because I have seen people trade on the streets with at least a witness which serves as the escrow and I have also seen P2P transactions on WhatsApp and other social medias but for the fact that he said half a trillion it's now more like a bait to catch attention.

How possible could that be? The people doing P2P on the street are more of a certain class in society as they do not want the government eyes on them but I don't think it's up to such an over exaggerated amount of 500bn naira. The NoOnes are not far from promotion as they wants some attention to be on them and if eventually they succeed with that it will be classified as reputation hence attract more customers.

One thing I know is that there is money in this country and a lot of efforts are being put to regulate the flow of the funds but yet it belongs to the same calibers of people making the deteriorated decisions.
Activity: 93
Merit: 52
Hey Charles-Tim we can say anything is possible in Nigeria why because he could be saying the truth but on the other hand he is as well doing his marketing but guys what?
He fails because same restriction that has been sat upon other exchanges can likely sets over his own if he doesn't know.
Truth be told, there are other platform which we don't know that are providing p2p, but for that fact government has refused to create employment opportunities for her citizens then what why putting much eyes on the young people who are striving to survive through cryptocurrency besides they have entirely failed us not once or nor twice, countless time we have been depending on government so many things but none was fixed instead they kept borrowing and looting money whereby they always keeps the country indebted to one nation or the other.
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
I saw this news earlier today, and I was reading through it this morning. The figures, which are half a trillion dollars of speculation, might not be correct, but I see some sense in what he said, as I have also witnessed a lot of big trade being carried out before. 

I know of someone whom I helped purchase bitcoin earlier this day, maybe around February. This person acquired all his USDT through some WhatsApp group, where all they dealt with was purely P2P trade, and no transaction less than $1000 was carried out there. I don't know how they were able to build such trust within themselves, but a lot of money is flowing through that group. 

Also on Telegram, you can conduct P2P trades, which are worth millions of naira on a daily basis, with the help of an escrow that doesn't even charge a dam. From both parties, his work is just to secure trade between both parties, so a lot of trades are being carried out off the targeted exchanges. 

The only thing that I believe will affect Nigerians is that if the government succeeds in bringing down all the major exchanges that support NGN/USDT pairs, both P2P and spot, there will be a lot of scams and manipulation on WhatsApp and other platform trade, especially for those who might not know their way around to trade on other Dex exchanges. Those telegram and WhatsApp vendors will now see themselves as gods, and as such, they can decide which rate they want to buy coins from and which rate they will not.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
Crypto: Peer-to-peer trading is worth $500bn in Nigeria – Cryptocurrency expert

The CEO of one of NoOnes who was the former CEO of Paxful, Ray Youssef said so. That crypto trading in Nigeria is 10x more than what is reported which are on centralized exchanges. That most crypto trading takes place on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

Speaking on the astronomical P2P transactions on Friday, the NoOnes boss asserted, “Peer-to-peer is probably like a half a trillion dollar business inside Nigeria alone. That’s the truth. Officially, cryptocurrency volume in Nigeria is at $59 billion a year, and that’s just all the official volume of everything that is happening on centralised exchanges that can be tracked on the blockchain. Yeah, let’s say $59bn to $60bn.

That’s a joke; the real volume is ten times more than that. That’s peer-to-peer, and that’s not just volume that has happened.” Youssef added that most of the P2P transactions do not happen on Binance or any other platform but on WhatsApp, Telegram, coffee shops and everywhere on the streets.

I did not know this exchange, NoOnes until now. I only know him as the former Paxful CEO. Is this a way to market his exchange or he is telling the truth?

I know some people in my street that do not know how to trade on centralized crypto exchanges. All they need is a bitcoin wallet and a vendor which they can meet on social media or on the street.
Pages:
Jump to: