Pages:
Author

Topic: [Overclock the Antminer S1 to 200GH/s] The EASY way! - updated to 393.75MHz ASIC - page 5. (Read 26072 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Does anyone have the config parameters to run these at 375 MHz? Apparently not every unit will overclock well at 400 MHz.

As long as you don't have the very early Antminer S1 blade; this is the value  from the Antminer PDF that is posted by Bitmaintech.

option 'freq_value'     '4e81'  #375M
        option 'chip_freq'      '375'
        option 'timeout'        '38'

I've used this a few times when the weather gets too warm here in Los Angeles.  It produces about 190+GH/s

Edit:  I see wedgy2k has already posted the same values.  I can vouch for it as I've used it quite a number of times.

Hello!

I'm trying to clock my Ant to 375, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I've used your settings for 400, and 393 with no issues except way to high HW, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with the values you have posted here. I don't just copy/paste correct? I've tried that and do not get any change.

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Have the Printscreen pic, but I don't know how to paste it in, any ideas? I thought I did it in the past by just copy/paste, but it isn't working this time.

Upload it here https://imageshack.com/‎ and then copy paste your image link.

Here ya go: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img801/1523/v4yc.jpg

I'm at work and playing around with it via Teamviewer, but I was trying last night before bed at home and couldn't get it then either.

Here is better

Activity: 732
Nosce te Ipsum
Does anyone have the config parameters to run these at 375 MHz? Apparently not every unit will overclock well at 400 MHz.

As long as you don't have the very early Antminer S1 blade; this is the value  from the Antminer PDF that is posted by Bitmaintech.

I've used this a few times when the weather gets too warm here in Los Angeles.  It produces about 190+GH/s

Edit:  I see wedgy2k has already posted the same values.  I can vouch for it as I've used it quite a number of times.

Hello!

I'm trying to clock my Ant to 375, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it. I've used your settings for 400, and 393 with no issues except way to high HW, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with the values you have posted here. I don't just copy/paste correct? I've tried that and do not get any change.

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Have the Printscreen pic, but I don't know how to paste it in, any ideas? I thought I did it in the past by just copy/paste, but it isn't working this time.

Here ya go: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img801/1523/v4yc.jpg

I'm at work and playing around with it via Teamviewer, but I was trying last night before bed at home and couldn't get it then either.

Hello!

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Nosce te Ipsum

Hello!

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.

Hello!

Thanks!!

Printscreen your result.
Nosce te Ipsum

Hello!

Thanks!!
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
Any code for underclocked to have 1wattvper gh from s1
Have you seen anywhere done, 1watt/ gh/s for S1?

there is no reason to underclock the S1 unless you are paying something like $0.50/kwh at this moment.

overclocking it to 198GH/410W is more cost-effective for the bulk of owners right now, and will probably stay that way until june when bringing it down to stock speeds for a bit better efficiency makes sense

You do not regard power limits for many of us here. Im on the limit with 24 ants overclocked making 4.9 th/s.

If I underclock, according to my calculations, I can add a dozen more ants , maintain my power consumption  and exceed my currect hash speed.

At the request of another user; I've uploaded customized asic-files 300MHz and 325MHz and sent it to a user here.  I can post the links here if there's interest.  I don't know the effect on power usage as I don't underclock.

It's the reason the S2 is so tempting to me...  1TH's for 1000W, wow!  I just don't have the $ or BTC for it 

there is no reason to underclock the S1 unless you are paying something like $0.50/kwh at this moment.

overclocking it to 198GH/410W is more cost-effective for the bulk of owners right now, and will probably stay that way until june when bringing it down to stock speeds for a bit better efficiency makes sense

You do not regard power limits for many of us here. Im on the limit with 24 ants overclocked making 4.9 th/s.

If I underclock, according to my calculations, I can add a dozen more ants , maintain my power consumption  and exceed my currect hash speed.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I've over-clocked my S1s.  They run a little faster. 

Do I expose myself to any risk of damage to the hardware, in doing this?  Once established they all run at 400MHz, and assuming I keep them cool, do I have nothing more to be concerned about as far as risk?

I have to upload the asic-freq with the lower frequency value. 
Which frequency do you want to try?  Below are the list:

Code:
        option 'freq_value'    '4f81'  #400MHz        
        option 'chip_freq'     '400'       
        option 'timeout'       '35'        

#option 'freq_value'     '4d81'  #350MHz <-- factory default
        #option 'chip_freq'      '350'       
        #option 'timeout'        '40'        

#option 'freq_value'    '4c81'  #325MHz
        #option 'chip_freq'     '325'       
        #option 'timeout'       '40'        

#option 'freq_value'    '0b81'  #300MHz
        #option 'chip_freq'     '300'       
        #option 'timeout'       '45'        

#option 'freq_value'    '0981'  #250MHz
        #option 'chip_freq'     '250'       
        #option 'timeout'       '55'        

#option 'freq_value'    '0781'  #200MHz

[/quote]
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Activity: 35
Is it possible to overclock more then 400 MHz?
I want to test 600 and 800 MHz but i dont know to
set it up.. Can anybody helps?
I post the results after testing.

The short answer is no.  There's a few posts on the bottom of page 3 that explain why.  Plus, not all S1's are equal from factory.  Look 3 posts above yours and you'll see some can't handle even 400MHz.  Depends on the quality of the boards and chips from factory...

Ty for your fast answer.

The short answer is no.  There's a few posts on the bottom of page 3 that explain why.  Plus, not all S1's are equal from factory.  Look 3 posts above yours and you'll see some can't handle even 400MHz.  Depends on the quality of the boards and chips from factory...

Activity: 35
Activity: 756
Hello
Palawan, could you write the file for the frequency 393.75?

At the Goxxed thread, ppl r saying that this is the sweet spot between speed and error rate.
As per trying to edit files for myself, sorry but I lack the necessary IT skills.

Any help is appreciated  Wink

Thnks

Ok, NorTiaN; here's the instructions to switch to 393.75MHz  ASIC's speed.  I'm assuming you're on  400MHz right now, but even if you're not, this should still work.  Values are courtesy of jedimstr   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348327.msg5494459#msg5494459

ssh to the Antminer as root and copy and paste everything in the box below:

Code:
clear
cd /etc/config
mv asic-freq asic-freq.400MHz
wget -O asic-freq http://goo.gl/ASmTAE
chmod 664 asic-freq
head -n 25 asic-freq

Reboot the Antminer S1

Good luck.

NM Went with the 393MHz and it worked like a charm.. Thanks for your info.
Activity: 756
I used your code in the op to oc to 400 and I seem to be running at the same speed as 350.  What to I need to copy/paste into SSH to put it at 375MHz
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
...better still! Go to software, update available pkgs, and install nano editor. Vi is the pits.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
I am new to this, I was able to follow your instructions to login and view the file but how do you actually change the lines, what commands do you use to edit and save the file.

thank you

In order to overclock your Bitmain AntMiner S1 ASIC to provide 200 GH/s and low HW Errors rate with our settings you need to follow the steps below:

Code:
- Login with SSH to your AntMiner S1 ASIC using the IP and username/password you’ve set it to use.
- Type “cd /etc/config” (without the quotes) in order to get to the folder where the config file is located on the miner.
- Type “vi asic-freq” (without the quotes) to edit the config file, comment the currently set options by placing # in front of them and add the following lines or directly replace the values with the following ones:

option ‘freq_value’ ’5f05′
option ‘chip_freq’ ’393.75′
option ‘timeout’ ’36′

- Save the changes you have made and type “reboot” (without the quotes) to restart the miner, so that it can apply the new settings and start mining at 200 GH/s with the overclock settings you’ve set.

The Antminer Asics will be running at 393.75 Mhz

Make sure you check your temperatures after 30 minutes and ensure they are under 50 degrees c

I am running 8 x ant miners on individual Corsair CX500M power supplies at this rate for over 2 days now

Good luck.

Hit I to edit.
When edited, hit ESC and type "wq!" (without quotes)
Pages:
Jump to: