Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress] - page 6. (Read 58977 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
Looks like the largest part of the world is uniting. Do they really want to fight the West? Probably not. All they want to do is have better relations among themselves.

Putin, Xi pledge stronger partnership as Russia pummels Ukraine
Friendly relations have been established between Russia and China. This can be seen from the meeting of the presidents of these two countries. It is interesting to see how the Russian President is greeted in a friendly manner in China. This is a serious business alliance between two strong countries and it is an alliance for many years. Therefore, I think all leaders of European countries should understand this and draw conclusions.Friendship between Russia and China brings benefits to the two countries and I think in case of danger or military confrontation, these countries will unite to fight and this will be the strongest army in the world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_highest_military_expenditures

Total US + Europe (just France, UK an Germany):
960B + 200B = 1160 B

Total China + Ruzzia
296B + 109 B = 404 B (not even half, not even half of just the US)

I think that your troll farm should pay you much less of whatever you are getting paid and Xi starting to get the right friends. Anyway, I think that this "eternal no-limits" friendship is as crap as it looks. Countries do not have friends, they have interests.

Europe and the US are observing how even with such a "powerful alliance" cannot gain more than a few hundred meters a week against a small-ish country such as Ukraine with a minimal support from Europe and US. China's leaders should be taking very good note of what it means to try and above all, look a Ruzzia and see what it means to fail. Xi would not survive ever a disaster such as Ruzzia's in Ukraine.

They show how the winners of this war are not in Europe, Ruzzia nor China.

Activity: 658
Merit: 100
Looks like the largest part of the world is uniting. Do they really want to fight the West? Probably not. All they want to do is have better relations among themselves.

Friendly relations have been established between Russia and China. This can be seen from the meeting of the presidents of these two countries. It is interesting to see how the Russian President is greeted in a friendly manner in China. This is a serious business alliance between two strong countries and it is an alliance for many years. Therefore, I think all leaders of European countries should understand this and draw conclusions.Friendship between Russia and China brings benefits to the two countries and I think in case of danger or military confrontation, these countries will unite to fight and this will be the strongest army in the world
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-05-21-putin-xi-stronger-partnership-russia-pummels-ukraine.html
Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping pledged to deepen their partnership during a meeting in Beijing on Thursday, May 16, highlighting their countries' united front against the West. This meeting comes as Putin intensifies his offensive in Ukraine and follows his recent military leadership shake-up.

Putin's visit to China, his first international trip since starting his fifth term, underscores the strong ties between the two nations despite the ongoing war in Ukraine. The leaders signed a joint statement to enhance their comprehensive strategic partnership, although it stopped short of forming a formal alliance. This strategic ambiguity serves as a deterrent to the U.S. and its allies, according to Natasha Kuhrt of King's College London. (Related: FORGED IN FIRE: Russia-China ties reach "unprecedented" level amid tensions with the West.)

Russia and China, celebrating 75 years of diplomatic relations, have faced significant tests due to the Ukraine conflict and Putin’s increasing isolation from the West. China, portraying itself as neutral, has nonetheless supported Russia diplomatically and economically, becoming a key market for Russian oil and gas amid Western sanctions.

China's 12-point peace plan, perceived as favoring Russia's territorial claims, has been dismissed by the West. Despite this, Xi expressed hopes for peace in Europe and pledged to continue playing a constructive role.

The U.S. has ramped up military aid to Ukraine and imposed sanctions on Chinese companies aiding Russia. During a recent visit to Beijing, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Russia's war effort would falter without China's support and threatened further sanctions.

Xi, balancing relations with the West and Russia, faces pressures from European leaders to leverage his influence over Putin to end the conflict. This diplomatic tightrope is evident as Chinese exports to Russia saw a decline in March for the first time since 2022.

Putin's visit to China included full military honors and talks with Xi, followed by a planned visit to Harbin for a China-Russia trade fair. Putin highlighted the "unprecedented level of strategic partnership" with China as the reason for his visit.

Accompanying Putin was Andrey Belousov, the new Russian defense minister, following a surprise military leadership change. Russia's renewed offensive in northern Ukraine has raised concerns among Kyiv and its allies about potential decisive gains by Putin's forces.

His visit coincides with ongoing, casualty-heavy advances by Russian forces, facilitated by a six-month delay in new U.S. aid for Ukraine.

Russia, China to enhance "no limits" partnership

Cool
legendary
Do not die for Putin
[...]

Something seems to have gone wrong! The page you are requesting does not exist. Perhaps it is out of date, has been deleted, or an incorrect address was entered in the address bar.

Bloomberg also writes about it

Russia Pulls Notice of Baltic Sea Border Plan That Raised Alarm
Defense Ministry paper removed from regulatory website

Edit:
Upps... you were speaking about the waters claims... Yes, you are right, it seems it has been taken back...

Sorry Branko, you do not get Radioactive Spider powers just yet.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-ministry-proposes-revising-baltic-sea-border-2024-05-22/

Russia deletes draft proposal to change Baltic Sea border

The Kremlin seems to have echoed / validated the existence of the proposal for the funding retentions:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-eu-plan-take-revenue-frozen-russian-assets-is-still-theft-2024-05-22/

MOSCOW, May 22 (Reuters) - Russia would regard the seizure of revenue from its frozen assets in the European Union as a violation of all norms of the global economic system, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Wednesday.
EU countries have formally adopted a plan to use windfall profits from Russian central bank assets frozen in the EU for Ukraine's defence, the Belgian government said this week.
The Group of Seven countries (G7) froze around $300 billion worth of Russian financial assets soon after Moscow sent tens of thousands of troops into Ukraine in 2022. The EU expects the assets to yield about 15-20 billion euros ($16.30-$21.70 billion) in profits by 2027.

I am going to give some credibility to this given that:

- A proxy attack was recently taken in Germany.
- UK, France, others are complaining of a ridiculous degree of hacking and infiltration attempts some with economic consequences.
- France is getting geopolitical interests damaged.
- The unilateral territorial waters claim in the Baltic by Ruzzia is short of on an annexation (it is not unusual, but opens the door to all type of problems).

My guess is that the EU is simply increasing the pressure in an asymmetric fashion and is in line with the general strategy of deteriorating the finances of Ruzzia, while not directly robbing the assets but rather not contributing to the war effort passively.
staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
Ruzzia has unilateraly decided to claim a larger control o waters around the Baltic republics.

This document has already been removed from the site.

Project deleted

Something seems to have gone wrong! The page you are requesting does not exist. Perhaps it is out of date, has been deleted, or an incorrect address was entered in the address bar.

Bloomberg also writes about it

Russia Pulls Notice of Baltic Sea Border Plan That Raised Alarm
Defense Ministry paper removed from regulatory website
legendary
Do not die for Putin
So, UK will meet Aquaman soon?

If that happens you will notice because your skin will be glowing green.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/europe-s-east/news/eu-backs-setting-aside-frozen-russian-assets-profits-for-ukraine/

EU backs setting aside frozen Russian assets profits for Ukraine

EU member states on Monday (29 January) unanimously agreed to set aside billions of euros of windfall profits from Russian central bank assets frozen in Europe as a first step towards their use for the future reconstruction of Ukraine.

In a meeting late on Monday, the bloc’s ambassadors agreed in principle on this first step, part of the bloc’s show of support for Ukraine ahead of the second anniversary of Russia’s full-scale invasion in February.

The agreement comes just three days ahead of a decisive summit at which EU leaders will seek to overcome Hungary’s objections and sign off on €50 billion in financial support for Ukraine for the next four years.
[...]
This could generate an estimated €15-17 billion over four years that could be transferred to Ukraine, EU officials said.

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318
So, UK will meet Aquaman soon?
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Popov, Ruzzian general responsible for las summer defensive campaign and probably a competent leader (to Ruzzian standards), has been arrested accused of fraud, which is kind of the place holder to arrest anyone inconvenient. His sin apparently saying that there might be something better than meat-wave tactics

Ruzzia has started to take the first steps for hybrid war with NATO countries. Ruzzia has unilateraly decided to claim a larger control o waters around the Baltic republics. This usually will lead to Ruzzian ships harassing  Lithuanian, Letonian and Estonian ships creating a permanently tense situation that may lead to escalations as required by Putin´s politics.

So... let´s see when NATO decides it is an attack and triggers 5.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/news/russian-ministry-proposes-revising-baltic-063801728.html

Russian defence ministry proposes revising Baltic Sea border
Guy Faulconbridge and Stine Jacobsen
Wed, 22 May 2024 at 8:38 am CEST·1-min read

By Guy Faulconbridge and Stine Jacobsen

MOSCOW/COPENHAGEN (Reuters) -Russia's defence ministry has proposed a revision to the borders of Russian territorial waters in the Baltic Sea, according to a draft government decree, drawing a rebuke from NATO-member Finland.

According to the draft decree, dated May 21, the ministry proposed adjusting the border around Russian islands in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland and around Kaliningrad.

"The passage of the state border of the Russian Federation at sea will change," a summary of the draft decree said. If approved, the decree would come into force in January 2025.

The defence ministry argued in justification of the change that an earlier Soviet measurement of the border from 1985 used mid-20th century nautical charts and so did not fully correspond to more modern cartographical coordinates.

It was not immediately clear from the draft decree exactly how the border would be adjusted and what - if any - consultation had taken place with other states around the Baltic Sea.
legendary
Washington is pushing for WW3. Is this what we really want? Note that it is Zelensky that will soon be marching through Berlin, London, and maybe even New York, if Russia is conquered. (Video available)

The Vietnamization of Ukraine

https://ronpaulinstitute.org/the-vietnamization-of-ukraine/
Over the weekend, former US State Department official Victoria Nuland told ABC News that the US must help facilitate Ukrainian missile attacks deep inside Russian territory. The Biden Administration has to this point avoided involvement in such attacks, likely because Russian president Vladimir Putin has warned that Russia will strike any facility that supplies or facilitates strikes inside of Russia, wherever they may be.

It's a clear warning from a nuclear power, but as Nuland and her fellow neocons see their Ukraine project failing, they demand escalation. This is just what they did in their previous disastrous projects like the Iraq War, the attacks on Syria and Libya, and the 20-year occupation of Afghanistan. For them the failure is never because it was a bad idea in the first place, but that not enough lives and resources were poured into that bad idea to create a good outcome.

But Russia is no Iraq nor is it Libya. This time they are playing with World War III and nuclear destruction and no one in DC seems concerned.

Last Thursday the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Charles Q. Brown, said that NATO trainers deployed within Ukraine was inevitable. "We'll get there eventually, over time," he said. This, of course, is exactly how we got the Vietnam War, but Russia in 2024 is hardly late -1950s Vietnam. Russia of today is a country that can fight back and can project military power all the way to the source, which means the United States.

Is Nuland's Ukraine project worth dying in a nuclear war over?

The whole US involvement in this proxy war has been based on lie after lie. They said we had to help Ukraine defeat Russia because democracy itself was at stake. Then Ukrainian president Zelensky cancelled elections, so they told us we have to help Ukraine defeat Russia because Putin won't stop there – he'll soon be marching through Berlin, London, and maybe even New York!

Cool
legendary
Do not die for Putin

Oh, that's lovely. Unfortunately, I think you know much more about handlers than me. It would be very unlikely that you could tell your own ass (or arse, whichever you shall prefer) from your mouth checking my writing.

As far as defending hereditary rulers anywhere... sufficient to say that I think that inheritance is a problem, in general.

Now, off the troll mud, into the images o... oh, wait, why don't you use your "analytic skills" to tell me how many MIG-31, which can no longer be produced, might have been destroyed by those "not useful western weapons"?

Massive Ukrainian drone attack on Crimea causes power cutoffs in Sevastopol
In images taken by US satellite imaging company BlackSky and space technology firm Maxar, two jets can be seen burned out on the main flight line at Belbek, in addition to a third parked on a protective embankment. The satellite images also show a destroyed building nearby and another which has taken significant damage.

ations in Crimea. I think more attacks were "repelled" and more weapons "did not work".

This is the fourth or fifth attack by the Atamcs, and the first successful one. I suspect they used the Russian tactic of a combination of drones and ballistic missiles.
 Iran attacked Israel with the same. Both sides are learning. According to my estimates, the Atamcs are mostly shot (about 20 pieces per attack, 4-5 attacks) -
maybe they have a supply for a strike or two and then a new round of whining and begging starts.
They did some damage and made the media happy, but the war will not be reversed.
2 MIGs 31 were destroyed - 245 remained.
Total cost of attacks around 150m USD

Can you justify the numbers or is one of those things you got whispered by Stalin in your dreams? But just to follow the argument:

- It is obvious to anyone, but the only damage were not two Mig 31 and two SUs. Refineries, one ship (possibly two), runways, fuel... even taken your "figure" I am sure the US is comfortable if not super-happy with the ROI of this (Return on Investment) of the Ukrainian aid. Conservatively x20 I would say.

- 245 Mig-31 to go, so 100 attacks, no problem. There are also plenty of ATACAMS left. And good to know there is a figure out there saying Ruzzia has 245 left (probably half not even operational). What is clear is that whatever number they have, it cannot increase.

- But what is important is that any Mig31 or any other platform placed close enough to intercept an F16 will have to be in ATACAMS range. So... you choice, planes that are useless or planes that get destroyed (again, with no replacement).

Oh, I love how you compare Israel military capabilities and their air defence with Ruzzia's. Is a joke right? A minuscule country with 3 layers of air defence and the support of an allied fleet of the outmost sophistication compared to.. well, Ruzzia. I think this time all your answer is pure hopium.

I think Ukraine is playing a perfectly valid strategy. It hurts economically, it hurts logistics, greatly diminishes the strategic options, damages the tenability of Crimea,  it creates dilemmas rather than problems that can be solved,... this is much better that sending Bradleys head on to minefields without air support.

Today...

- Ruzzia bombed Ruzzia in Belgorod region (Shevekina). Seems like the gliding bombs have a few "duds" here and there and explode in Ruzzian territory.
- French SCAPLS were used in a successful attack in a military base in the Luhansk region https://t.me/channel24_ua/133409

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

Oh, that's lovely. Unfortunately, I think you know much more about handlers than me. It would be very unlikely that you could tell your own ass (or arse, whichever you shall prefer) from your mouth checking my writing.

As far as defending hereditary rulers anywhere... sufficient to say that I think that inheritance is a problem, in general.

Now, off the troll mud, into the images o... oh, wait, why don't you use your "analytic skills" to tell me how many MIG-31, which can no longer be produced, might have been destroyed by those "not useful western weapons"?

Massive Ukrainian drone attack on Crimea causes power cutoffs in Sevastopol
In images taken by US satellite imaging company BlackSky and space technology firm Maxar, two jets can be seen burned out on the main flight line at Belbek, in addition to a third parked on a protective embankment. The satellite images also show a destroyed building nearby and another which has taken significant damage.

ations in Crimea. I think more attacks were "repelled" and more weapons "did not work".

This is the fourth or fifth attack by the Atamcs, and the first successful one. I suspect they used the Russian tactic of a combination of drones and ballistic missiles.
 Iran attacked Israel with the same. Both sides are learning. According to my estimates, the Atamcs are mostly shot (about 20 pieces per attack, 4-5 attacks) -
maybe they have a supply for a strike or two and then a new round of whining and begging starts.
They did some damage and made the media happy, but the war will not be reversed.
2 MIGs 31 were destroyed - 245 remained.
Total cost of attacks around 150m USD
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Unconfirmed by evidence, but claimed: The only missile carrying ship left in Sebastopol, Project 22800 Karakurt, is reported as either sunk or damaged. I will be seeking further evidence of confirmation from the sources that usually provide evidence. For now, it is enough to say that this matches the latest increase in strategic capabilities shown by Ukraine during the last week of long range attacks.

If confirmed, this means no Kalibr in Sebastopol. This also means Ukraine has the larger warhead version of ATACAMS with 470 pound.

edit:
Refinery in Slavyansk-na-Kubani has been stopped after overnight drone attack
In the village of Kushchevskaya, Krasnodar Krai, UAVs are attacking a military airfield
Fire at the oil depot in Vyborg after explosions were reported in the city

From north to south. Also, scalps attacks in Luhansk have been observed.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!

There is no news about this war anymore unless Congress will once again need to send money to Zelenski. That's the only time this war will be flashed on TV. They keep praising Ukraine is winning but their lands were taken by Russians which if you are not as updated as getting all the channels that talk about this war, you wouldn't know who is winning.

So far the only confirmed information is that Russia is already taking Kharkiv. If a person thinks independently, this info already tells the Russians are winning.
I'm not really sure from where did you made this narrative that western media is praising Ukraine like they're winning. Probably you see what you want to see.
Russia is taking Kharkiv, really? I think there is big difference between taking Kharkiv and taking few villages in Kharkiv Oblast by the border with Russia.

I don't know but from what I see in world news no one cares more that much about this war and this has passed in 2nd page,in the front page of the news now there is Israeli war against Palestine which many claims they are bypassing every single limit in what is a war of defense,many are protesting yet the Israelis claims they have the right to defend the attack that happened in the 7 October and for many they are also right.I am neutral in such war but what I want to emphasize is that most people in the world now are more interested as what Israeli backed by US is doing rather than having again interest in a war longer than 2 years now in Ukraine which we don't know how will end.The world is becoming a very vomiting place as these wars has a clear intention both of them,ethnic cleansing and land claiming.
I actually would be surprised if whole world would be following  it like they did in first  weeks of war. Unfortunately, new about it become routine for most of people. Even Ukrainians are getting tired from this war
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1786
In order to dump coins one must have coins
^^^ Seems that the world money powers want Russia to win, just to be the new financial center of the world.

Cool

Those are the same who pay for the campaigns of the lawmakers who approved for more weapons to be sent to Kiev, so I think your theory does not make sense at all. If those in charge of much of the money wanted Russia to get its way, then they would not continue to fund the election of officials who are willing to continue to send weaponry to Ukraine for her defense from the invaders. That is what Russia is, an invader.
Also, You cannot be serious when you refer to Russia as the future world economical and financial center of the world, Russian economy is extremely small, even countries like Italy get more money annually than Russia. It is a country which wants to be perceived internationally as a giant and powerful republic, like China, when in reality it is a pretty empty big and desolated country with many people living in misery and hooked to drugs coming from Afghanistan and the rest of Asia.
If Russia did not have the backing of China (an actual super power), it would be just like north korea, a second world irrelevant country with nukes.

Where do the money and weapons go? Many of them go to Russia throguh capture or on the black market.

The financial powers wouldn't have sanctioned Russia if they truly wanted to stop her. She has only become stronger through the sanctions.

A gun in the hands of a teenager gives the teen a lot of strength to fight off others, even if the otheers have guns. Russia has nukes.

What better place to relocate the finance center of the world than a small country with top-notch nukes? Russia has nukes for protection, and owns Siberia. She's just starting.

Cool

Under that logic the investors and the most powerful companies on the planet would be looking forward to establish their headquarters in north Korea, that won't happen only because it is a small nation with advanced nukes. It does not make sense in any way.

Also, because of the sanctions Russia has been selling oil and gas under the price of the market to clients in countries with a high rate of energy consumption, like India and China. I even recall India benefited from it by buying Russian oil and reselling at international prices to Europe and United States, that means Russia has lost significant amounts of cash and liquidity because it has started to get excluded from the rest of the planet. Again, it was not for China (which is an actual super power) the weak Russian economy would be already underground and with negative numbers.
Having nukes does not mean a country is a economically powerful country, even a banana republic like Cuba could have managed to have their own nuclear weapons with the backing of the Soviet Union back in the day.

Financial expansionism, so Russia is forced to pick between NATO expanding to Ukraine with cookies, or Russia being labeled as an invader. How much acting one would need to do to pretend to be surprised by Russia's choice? It's hard to think of a better example to feel morally justified to start never ending wars to change your sphere of influence. Just need to find a cooperating leader willing to sacrifice his own population for you.

Sanctions are always two sided, think we all see how well they're working with Russia, China and Europe. Sure, if China were complete idiots and would just sit there and quietly wait for their commie regime to be taken down next, things would've actually worked out for the "west" and we'd have a one world government. Now i would expect such plan from a 5th grader but when third-highest ranking US diplomat tries to pull that off I get scared for our planet.

Now this cookie monster (Nuland) has nothing to loose, so she's doubling down by trying to set the precedent for Russia to send their missiles to Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan/Lybia while not being able to hold Russia responsible for their use (after we send them missiles those countries are free to do with them as they please logic). Next we all get to act surprised when those countries wipe out few US/UK bases still stationed on their land with those Russian missiles. After that, we get to watch these clowns in a circus again claim how Russia is bad, and as if no one could've possibly predicted such obvious outcome. What a great plan, what could possibly go wrong, they should all get raises with bonuses for that  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 2025
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
^^^ Seems that the world money powers want Russia to win, just to be the new financial center of the world.

Cool

Those are the same who pay for the campaigns of the lawmakers who approved for more weapons to be sent to Kiev, so I think your theory does not make sense at all. If those in charge of much of the money wanted Russia to get its way, then they would not continue to fund the election of officials who are willing to continue to send weaponry to Ukraine for her defense from the invaders. That is what Russia is, an invader.
Also, You cannot be serious when you refer to Russia as the future world economical and financial center of the world, Russian economy is extremely small, even countries like Italy get more money annually than Russia. It is a country which wants to be perceived internationally as a giant and powerful republic, like China, when in reality it is a pretty empty big and desolated country with many people living in misery and hooked to drugs coming from Afghanistan and the rest of Asia.
If Russia did not have the backing of China (an actual super power), it would be just like north korea, a second world irrelevant country with nukes.

Where do the money and weapons go? Many of them go to Russia throguh capture or on the black market.

The financial powers wouldn't have sanctioned Russia if they truly wanted to stop her. She has only become stronger through the sanctions.

A gun in the hands of a teenager gives the teen a lot of strength to fight off others, even if the otheers have guns. Russia has nukes.

What better place to relocate the finance center of the world than a small country with top-notch nukes? Russia has nukes for protection, and owns Siberia. She's just starting.

Cool

Under that logic the investors and the most powerful companies on the planet would be looking forward to establish their headquarters in north Korea, that won't happen only because it is a small nation with advanced nukes. It does not make sense in any way.

Also, because of the sanctions Russia has been selling oil and gas under the price of the market to clients in countries with a high rate of energy consumption, like India and China. I even recall India benefited from it by buying Russian oil and reselling at international prices to Europe and United States, that means Russia has lost significant amounts of cash and liquidity because it has started to get excluded from the rest of the planet. Again, it was not for China (which is an actual super power) the weak Russian economy would be already underground and with negative numbers.
Having nukes does not mean a country is a economically powerful country, even a banana republic like Cuba could have managed to have their own nuclear weapons with the backing of the Soviet Union back in the day.
legendary

Cool

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 2025
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Cool

legendary

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: