Pages:
Author

Topic: There are dangers from streaming matches from unofficial sites - page 2. (Read 193 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 2748
LE ☮︎ Halving es la purga
::/.baby shoes/::: I'm going with the same thought, pay the monthly fee, it's that simple, now in my case it's almost $18 a month where I can watch all the games live, NBA, Football, Tennis, baseball, etc., I only pay one additional for the NFL, but what service charges you so cheaply? ($3.71)
Activity: 294
Merit: 433
HODL - BTC
Similarly, we also see local news in my country, one of the platforms that holds the broadcasting rights of the Premier League has announced “Anyone who broadcasts English league broadcasts without permission will be reported to the authorities,” Several previous cases where people have been arrested for pirating English league broadcasts from Vidio and then streaming them on social media.

So I'd rather subscribe every month for about $3.71 a month than have to watch illegal streams that are full of ads and may have malware in them.

Now many unofficial streams are scattered, you when doing a search on Google or Yandex will find many there, when the site is blocked they will appear with a new domain again.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
The sites that host these services are loaded with malicious links, back doors and tricks to access people’s digital and financial information, giving professional criminals an open invitation to steal from anyone who engages in these activities.
It is loaded with ads. Also your information is not safe as the streamers are selling your information to third party. Not only this, it is just like those free VPN and other free services loaded with ads and sharing people's information with third parties for money. I try as much as possible to stay away from ads and other things like this. Ads can contain malware or link you to a site that contains malware.
Activity: 490
Merit: 311
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
We know somehow subscription on official platforms to stream live matches can be expensive and many has opt to use other platforms offering really lower fee or entirely free subscription for Live matches.

In my country this is somehow common and one thing I have noticed about such sites is that they are filled with various ads, which is obviously were they get their money.

Now, Jenny Radcliffe, a professional hacker, has claimed the risks of illegally streaming are huge. Here is her statement

The perception that illegal streaming is a victimless crime is completely inaccurate

The sites that host these services are loaded with malicious links, back doors and tricks to access people’s digital and financial information, giving professional criminals an open invitation to steal from anyone who engages in these activities.

Whether it's multiple charges to credit cards, installing malware on devices, accessing bank accounts, or stealing personal information such as emails, messages, contacts, photographs, documents and browsing history, engaging in illegal streaming makes you a prime target for professional fraudsters.

And what is worse, because these activities are illegal, victims may have little or no recourse for recovering their losses and may even face criminal charges themselves.

Outside this fact another reason to avoid this is from the news about The Premier League has increased its efforts to prevent fans, whereby those caught offering such services with no copyright face charges and possibly jail terms https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/premier-league-iptv-illegal-streaming-godaddy-court-prosecution-561857-20240425
Pages:
Jump to: