Pages:
Author

Topic: We are Oasis Network - Ask us anything - page 2. (Read 415 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 05, 2022, 01:20:15 PM
Thanks for sharing this information about the latest development on Oasis Network. We all know, there are many blockchain networks these days. Why we should use Sapphire than other top blockchain networks? And What's the advantage of Sapphire over Emerald, Cipher, and Parcel?

Sapphire is the first confidential EVM-compatible Network. This means that it is the only network where developers can build Smart Contracts in Solidity which can hide aspects of state. This can added flexibility for developers will lead to many numerous performance benefits and improvements in the user experience when interacting with these dapps. Use cases can be seen in a variety of sectors like DeFi, Gaming, NFTs, Decentralized Identity, and Social applications. Just as web2 was empowered by privacy protocols like HTTPS, we believe web3 will be propelled forward from these new functionalities.

The advantage to Sapphire over some Emerald, or Cipher, depends on what type of enviroment and features the developer is looking for. For solidity devs looking to incorporate confidentiality feature, Sapphire is the ideal ParaTime. I hope this helps!
Activity: 4
October 05, 2022, 01:18:43 PM
How expensive will txs be on Sapphire vs Emerald?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrencies/comments/xqf5g1/comment/iqd9rna/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
This is ultimately up to the node operators who run nodes for Sapphire and Emerald.

They should be roughly the same as the Emerald network (99% cheaper than Ethereum)
Activity: 6
October 05, 2022, 01:12:29 PM
I will like to know, which technology is Sapphire using to compute privacy ? How different is it from Secret Network's programmable privacy with TEE ?

Sapphire uses TEEs to compute privacy. The major difference from Secret Network would be that Sapphire is EVM compatible allowing for popular developer tools like Truffle, Hardhat, and MetaMask.
Activity: 21
October 05, 2022, 01:01:41 PM
There was a huge debacle with tornado cash, I am guessing the larger aim here is privacy compliance to both adhere to regulations while also protecting and preserving the privacy of your userbase?
Activity: 2
October 05, 2022, 12:25:55 PM
Can someone share me what is the difference between sapphire, emerald, ciper and parcel?
Activity: 1
October 05, 2022, 12:03:26 PM
How hard is it to port over a smart contract from Ethereum over to Oasis Network? Preferably on Sapphire once it hits mainnet.
October 05, 2022, 11:47:19 AM
Can I send 100 rose to a contract while hiding the fact that is was 100 rose? Meaning that the amount of rose my address has, and the amount of rose the contract has, and the amount of rose the transaction has are all hidden? I was testing a basic contract on testnet with a very simple deposit and withdraw function and the transaction/user/contract amounts were visible throughout.
October 05, 2022, 10:55:34 AM
Does smart contracts provide privacy by hiding the transaction address, amount and hash keys?
October 05, 2022, 10:50:36 AM
Could Sapphire be used as or considered as a confidential DSN? If so please explain?
Generally asking, what area do you think that Oasis Network as a whole specializes in? DeFi, NFT, DATA Tokenization? or are they equally catered to?
October 05, 2022, 10:40:37 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the AMA!

Is privacy on Sapphire optional? Which elements of the transaction are private? Last but not least, can someone clarify the difference between sapphire, emerald, ciper and parcel?
October 05, 2022, 10:35:53 AM
Just wondering, how will gas work when everything is confidential??🤔
October 05, 2022, 08:02:06 AM
How does a confidential smart contract fundamentally differ from tools/coins such as Monero for example?

I'd like to know that as well, my own speculation is that after reading the opening post, confidential smart contracts would give users protection from front-running. I'd imagine that there would also be more utility than simple coins on a consensus network.
October 05, 2022, 04:15:19 AM
What kind of project you think should be create on web3 first time? Thanks
October 05, 2022, 01:38:27 AM
Can you illustrate with an example how privacy works? For example, will not ensuring privacy create a permission criteria? How can something be permissionless and yet confer confidentiality?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
October 04, 2022, 09:56:42 PM
Thanks for sharing this information about the latest development on Oasis Network. We all know, there are many blockchain networks these days. Why we should use Sapphire than other top blockchain networks? And What's the advantage of Sapphire over Emerald, Cipher, and Parcel?
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
October 04, 2022, 09:49:18 PM
How does a confidential smart contract fundamentally differ from tools/coins such as Monero for example?
October 04, 2022, 08:36:17 PM
May I ask, how do you think privacy and data storage features of Web3 can empower society?
October 04, 2022, 08:13:17 PM
 How expensive will txs be on Sapphire vs Emerald?
Activity: 10
October 04, 2022, 05:26:32 PM
I will like to know, which technology is Sapphire using to compute privacy ? How different is it from Secret Network's programmable privacy with TEE ?
October 04, 2022, 03:43:54 PM
For someone coming into the system where can I get a testnet token to use on sapphire?

I think there's a testnet faucet, saw one in their discord. One second [I'm... not sure why I wrote one second since it's not like we're chatting live]

There ya go https://faucet.testnet.oasis.dev/
Pages:
Jump to: