Pages:
Author

Topic: Zpool.ca: Does it take 20-22% fee? - page 2. (Read 14989 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 07:03:46 PM
Here you can see the coins that I mined in the last 60 mins or so.  I originally recorded an hour long video of it, but for some reason Shadowplay decided to fast forward a chunk of the audio, but not the video and therefore they got out of sync.  I will try and explain where all the numbers come from:

In the Amount column you can see exactly how many of each coin I mined for that particular block.  You can also see the mBTC payout value of those said coins.

If you look at the Wallet payout information you will see that in total it is expected to payout 0.00000549 BTC.  This matches the value of the sum of all the coins in BTC value in the following spreadsheet Cell D17.  Then looking on coinmarketcap.com I took the current BID value for Auroracoin which is traded on Bittrex and Topaz which is traded on Novaexchange.   Column F shows the current BID price of the coins on the respective exchanges.   Column G is the proceeds of that exchange.  In both cases the exchange fees for trading are less than 1%.  The Exchange proceeds in Column G is showing how much BTC each set of coins should produce.   Column H is the percentage of value the zpool is giving compared to what is generated on the Exchange.  As you can see in every case the value is 85% of the value that Zpool is paying.  This is the way that I've calculated it every time and you can too.

At this point it appears that perhaps Crackfoo has adjusted something because in my previous example it was 80% in almost every case.  So that is where all the numbers came from and how I was deriving the value of the coins compared to what Zpool was paying.  As of right now Zpool appears to be paying 85% of the current bid value of the coins.  You can see the price per coin paid out in the E column vs the

Link to the spreadsheet to verify all formulas:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pJud4B3tZD5Y587GJhpHy655KeakClbcNw8U2JI6YnY

How can you tell which exchange the coins are traded on to get the prices etc?
Activity: 48
Merit: 4
January 14, 2018, 12:24:17 PM
I'm going to be running some comparison tests but watching the way zpool does its payouts I don't think 24 hours is long enough to get a fair comparison. I think you probably need two or three days for the payouts to stabilize because if you're mining an algo that has a lot of coins, you can have a lot of credit locked up in a half different coin accounts and the payouts are a little wavy even though the input hashpower is constant.

If you have a very small mine it might take more than a few days to get to that point where it's stable.

Miningpoolhubstats is somewhat similar in that only the "Payout Last 24 Hours" for your payout coin really seems to be relevant and it takes a few days to get that number stable before you can see what it actually happening.

The apparent 20% fee may just be because you have about 20% of your coins in other coins that have not reached the thresholds needed to get traded to your payout coin. If you let it hash a couple days you'll have everything topped off and your input hashpower should equate to your output payments.

One thing I like about Miningpoolhub is that you can manually get payments on all your other coins to empty your account so you don't have to wait for them to automatically get traded out. On zpool it looks like it's only automatic trading to get the accounts emptied. Not a big deal but it's a slight difference.
Activity: 19
January 12, 2018, 11:31:32 AM
Are those blocks confirmed?  In my tests for some of the coins it can take days before they are confirmed and enough liquidity exists to exchange them.  There is a LONG tail on some of them (not hours, days, maybe a week).  That said, in my tests the payouts eventually show up.  I think many people mine for a day and compare numbers, but thats not really a good comparison since many of the smaller alt coins won't have been paid yet.  Mine for 24 hours then look at your total payout 7 days later...
Activity: 162
Merit: 102
January 07, 2018, 03:28:57 AM
i would say the fee is closer to 50%
2 1070ti test on x17 for the last 24 hours brought in 25.4 XVG
just from watching the last 50 blocks earned vs what the pool found will tell u everything u need to know
really surprised ppl are mining here since they are prolly not even profitable
Activity: 10
January 07, 2018, 02:56:51 AM
Its funny that zpool steals 15% even if you dont exchange your coins.
I was trying to mine Bulwardk (BWK) there today, didn't want to get robbed by zpools' exchange rates so decided to get paid in BWK.

The pool found a block my last 50 earnings tab shows:

Name                 Amount                Percent            mBTC                Time
 Bulwark (nist5)     0.144400 BWK         0.385%       0.08421262        70m ago

But Total Earned tab shows: 0.12669564 BWK  Grin Why do people still use this pool?

So, 1) even if you choose to mine w/ the same coin, your mining 'rewards' are still pegged to the amount of BTC those coins earned.  2) you are still charged the 5% exchange fee even if not 'exchanging' (b/c as I said in 1 you technically are).  No matter your payout coin it goes like this: reward > BTC > your payout coin.  The pool has a fee (2% for nist5) and the exchange to BTC has a fee (5%).  Which means you would pay 0.010108 in fees.  So .1444 -.010108 = 0.134292.  So you still have a difference of .00759636 when you factor in the static costs, which is 5% difference between expected and actual (far cry from 15% 'extra').  And when looking over the BWKs prices on the pay you posted on crypotia, there are more then enough greater then 5% prices swings downward to account for that.  Since most likely BWK has to be valued twice before you get your earnings, once when the pool exchanges for BTC and then again when it exchanges for your equivalent of BWK (BWK started out around 0.0007 then trended downward before finishing at 0.00063).  This is the main reason I get paid out in BTC,  and why I suspect that the non-btc payouts are 'use at your own risk.'

Nothing on here is more than conjecture and misleading information.  The 'evidence' is sp_'s screenshots, but they lack timestamps to validate and he is using polenex which I am pretty sure is not the exchange zpool uses for lbry.  But unless every auto-converting pool is also taking 20% zpool should show results that are lower than other pools.  When ran side by side (and assuming both pools have the same coins and other variables corrected for).  But the several side by sides that have been done and posted and the ones I did (when I do my next one I'll post results) show zpool either the same, very slightly below, above, or way above I just don't see it. 
Activity: 61
January 05, 2018, 02:15:56 PM
Agreed - I just spent a week mining on it to test it - The income is indeed 20% less than reported in the miner. I took measures every few hours, and the income was constantly around 20% lower than reported.
SCAM! - I'm going back to MiningPoolHub....
Activity: 19
January 04, 2018, 01:25:52 PM
Its funny that zpool steals 15% even if you dont exchange your coins.
I was trying to mine Bulwardk (BWK) there today, didn't want to get robbed by zpools' exchange rates so decided to get paid in BWK.

The pool found a block my last 50 earnings tab shows:

Name                 Amount                Percent            mBTC                Time
 Bulwark (nist5)     0.144400 BWK         0.385%       0.08421262        70m ago

But Total Earned tab shows: 0.12669564 BWK  Grin Why do people still use this pool?
Activity: 31
December 12, 2017, 03:07:41 PM
The stats are correct but the return is almost always lower on zpool than on the other pools that doesn't autoexchange.

ex:

skein

zpool.ca 24hour    payout per ghash: 0.00449BTC
yiimp.ccminer.org payout per ghash:  0.0062BTC

+38% if you mine on yiimp and exchange your coins yourself.

But zpool is more profitable than the nicehashminer..

Fact i actually test (not speculate)

i've test with multiple rigs had 1070x4 on nicehashminer / another 1070x4 and zpool nemosmier  /and another 4x1070 on nemosminer Mining Pool Hub  

the zpool version is making more every week so i don't believe there is any theft going on my payouts seem to always be correct..

ex:

blake2s

zpool.ca 24hour    payout per ghash: 1.17497BTC  
yiimp.ccminer.org payout per ghash:  0.41053BTC

+186.2  if you mine on zpool

zpool blake2s and lyra2v2 are 2x the profitability compared to  yiimp.ccminer.org....

You have to remember the luck factor, you need to run test cocurrently for them to be comparable.

That said I've not tried Zpool, I'm going to try a week on miningpoolhub and see how it pays before switching
Activity: 1
December 11, 2017, 08:33:02 PM
Now you’ve deleted your posts wolf, after assuming you know my life and personality?

If none of these claims are true, why is it that you only responded to one of these posts and none of the very well thought out, empirically supported and especially those based upon sound evidence?

I'd say you know what you are doing, but avoid these sort of posts, especially when people are constantly saying the same things on numerous forums and by an even larger amount of individuals (thinking..)

Either this is all by mere coincidence, but that would be naive and an assumption built out of bad logic. 
The more sound idea is that you are or someone associated with you, is taking far more than what you are showing on these individuals records.  Some how only your pool is correct, while every other one is not and everyone on here is just merely making stories up and you are just some form of 'victim' of mere coincidence.

Activity: 23
December 10, 2017, 05:17:28 AM
It’s not. It’s been over 7 days and when you submit it the transaction is listed immediately. It would show unconfirmed but it would show. There is no trace whatsoever of all fake transactions zpool is supposedly doing.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 10, 2017, 02:02:37 AM
In my case is not the fees but the money not coming in at all. I have now over $200 “paid” and if you check the blockchain nothing has been sent in over a week. I try contacting them on twitter but nobody replies. So basically running away with the mining results randomly.

It may be paid out honestly the bitcoin block chain is backed up quite a bit.  I have a payout on a different pool that has been sitting unconfirmed for almost 24 hours now.

Activity: 23
December 09, 2017, 10:12:51 PM
In my case is not the fees but the money not coming in at all. I have now over $200 “paid” and if you check the blockchain nothing has been sent in over a week. I try contacting them on twitter but nobody replies. So basically running away with the mining results randomly.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 29, 2017, 01:25:28 PM
Frankly, I don't have an interest to say either way.  But, I have run 10 D3s and 3 L3s for two days on Prohashing and then on Nicehash and on ZPool.  The ZPool payout was more after the unpaid and pending amounts were considered (total earned).  Not only was it more, it was substantially more.  I will do a test later with screenshots, etc. But, there's no way that I feel like Z Pool is stealing from me. You have to make sure that you are considering the sum of your earned amounts.

No one is suggesting that it doesn't pay out more than other non-yiimp pools.  First off Nicehash is not based on the current price of the coin, but upon the price people are willing to pay for Nicehash rental services so the price can vary significantly from the Exchange prices.   The point is the amount of coins that are being stated on Zpool that you are mining compared with the prices they should be exchanged for is always significantly lower than they should be.  Take a look at ahashpool.com which is also running Yiimp, but has fixed the bug that I suggested earlier in the thread.   There when I go and to the same comparison of coins mined to the amount being added to the unpaid amounts it is significantly closer to the true exchange prices at the time.

These prices will fluctuate as the blocks mature and go to the exchange, but they are always in line with what the prices are showing on the exchange.  My previous analysis of the coins I mined on zpool often put the value at or below the lowest value for the entire day for those coins.   This was often 10-20% lower than what should have been paid out for them.  Some people are fine with this payout because as you mentioned Zpool pays out better than some alternatives, but that doesn't make it transparent or fair given what they claim is their payout.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 09:11:23 AM
Frankly, I don't have an interest to say either way.  But, I have run 10 D3s and 3 L3s for two days on Prohashing and then on Nicehash and on ZPool.  The ZPool payout was more after the unpaid and pending amounts were considered (total earned).  Not only was it more, it was substantially more.  I will do a test later with screenshots, etc. But, there's no way that I feel like Z Pool is stealing from me. You have to make sure that you are considering the sum of your earned amounts.

For "true" testing, you have to run at same time your ASIC, on different pool ...

Not running them 24hours here / 24 hours here / 24 hours here ...

I made this test by my self, and i SAY IT, i have earn 20% LESS on zpool.

The reason that I posted at all was to say that ZPool didn't steal from me and I'll "say it."  It's not a "true" test either to run separate miners on different pools for only 24 hours.  You need more time.  A week would be a good start.  I'll try and run a test next week.
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
https://steemit.com/@bibi187
November 24, 2017, 07:18:05 AM

For "true" testing, you have to run at same time your ASIC, on different pool ...

Not running them 24hours here / 24 hours here / 24 hours here ...

I made this test by my self, and i SAY IT, i have earn 20% LESS on zpool.
Activity: 67
November 23, 2017, 08:51:53 PM
Activity: 6
November 14, 2017, 05:49:40 AM
Zpool taking 20% my money, scam pool. never use.
Activity: 24
November 05, 2017, 07:34:06 PM
Zpool - scammers. Coins a miner on a pool wallet . This same wallet was paid to my wallet. There was no exchange. Stole 20%
P.S. Text transleted Google
Activity: 420
Merit: 106
https://steemit.com/@bibi187
October 09, 2017, 11:41:53 AM
Zpool is a scam ...

Missing 20% earning vs granatgas ... tested on 5 Days ...

So @crackfoo ... Go fuck your self oO and enjoy my money stolen.
Activity: 77
October 08, 2017, 12:43:43 PM
20 percent is very much, maybe this is mistake.
Pages:
Jump to: