Pages:
Author

Topic: All of us are more important to Bitcoin than Satoshi! - page 3. (Read 388 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Heres what I think. The outcome of Craig Wright's lawsuit might cause a stir in the short run, possibly shaking up Bitcoin's value a bit. But in the grand scheme, Bitcoin's worth is more about its tech and how many folks are using it, not who created it. While knowing Satoshi's true identity is intriguing, it won't change much for my BTC investments. As for when the community will stop the hunt for Satoshi? Hard to say, but as Bitcoin's practical use grows, the fascination might taper off over time
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
I'd like to hear your views on this issue:
  • Will the outcome of the lawsuit involving Faketoshi Craig Wright affect the value of BTC?
  • Does Satoshi's true identity matter to your BTC investment?
  • When will the community stop searching for Satoshi's identity?
1. I think not, because this lawsuit (and the outcome of it) was an insignificant factor influencing the current price of bitcoin.
2. It doesn't matter at all. I would say that I feel the opposite effect - while Satoshi is not there and nothing is known about him, I believe in the future (decentralization and freedom) of the project.
3. Never. It's like a riddle that you want to solve and doesn't give you peace.

Satoshi fulfilled his role and retired. Now each of the bitcoin users is a key figure (not individually, as a peer, but as part of a set of peers and a link in the chain of decentralization). If Satoshi is left in the past, then the future is in us (BTC-users).

Activity: 882
Merit: 507
We know Craig have always being putting up a show, and many of us already know that he was going to lose the court case even though he put up all manner of show and tried to manipulate the Justment in so many ways but at the end he lost the case, Satoshi was trying to avoid such controversy of over control of the project that is why he chose to remain anonymous to protect the secrecy and freedom of Bitcoin in the long run.
Anyways Craig should have been slammed a big fine to pay for trying to mislead the public by claiming to be Satoshi whereas he is far from being Bitcoin Creator and even going as far as appearing in Court, I think also that Satoshi knows better that there is going to be a lot of crisis of identity where many bad actors we attempt to take the project from him and at the end killing the project because of their gred and love for control will undermine Bitcoin, but at this point, Bitcoin is free from all form of attempt manipulation now that Craig case hoce been completely strick out of the court.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 770
  • Will the outcome of the lawsuit involving Faketoshi Craig Wright affect the value of BTC?

References:
[1] UK court rules Craig Wright not Nakamoto, ending long-standing drama
[2] Satoshi’s Vision down 17% against Bitcoin after Craig Wright verdict
[3] Satoshi - Sirius emails 2009-2011

1. I think no, we've seen the evidence to date. Moreover, look today, many crypto users have understood what they think is true and Craig Wright is just seizing the moment for his benefit.
2. Never. The Bitcoin community is becoming more important than fraudsters.
3. Maybe if Satoshi showed up, with strong and true evidence. But I don't think Satoshi will ever appear at any time. But as far as I know Bitcoin, I am not curious about who it is and where. I have been very grateful for the technology, let him remain Anonymous.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
1. If there is manipulation, yes, some will use this issue. If all nature, then no.
2. For me now, Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin to not be controlled by anyone not even the government.
3. For me it will never stop, because it is by nature to study the core of every thing especially Bitcoin, it is already in history and will always be learned by someone. Because if you want to invest in some thing, then for sure you need first to identify the history of it.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Is  it really need to distinguish or compare people from satoshi nakamoto?

Satoshi only created Bitcoin to help the world against the government about Financial freedom so this sounds not good to make this an issue.

Satoshi is More Important because without His Creation there will never be Bitcoin that we are treasuring now.

We are important because without us? bitcoin will never reach this top so in all? both are important the Users and the creator.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 366
Without us, the Bitcoin that Satoshi created wouldn't have reached success. But without Satoshi, there wouldn't have been a Bitcoin that we are
all supporting right now. So in this sense I think we are all equally important Satoshi and us.

I think it's just a play of perspectives, but in general we can't really say we are more important than Satoshi. In the same sense that we can't also say that Satoshi is more important than us. As far as Bitcoin is concerned Satoshi and Bitcoin's supporters are all equally important.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I saw the title and I thought it was going to be the typical stupid thread that we usually see in this section, but it is not bad. I would qualify that today we are the important ones, and not Satoshi, but from the historical point of view we owe the Bitcoin to him and in that sense he is the most important, not only for having created and launched the Bitcoin for all mankind, but for getting out of the way.
Activity: 84
Merit: 32
₿itcoin maximalist
Despite Bitcoin's global popularity, the creator behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto remains shrouded in secrecy. Many have been captivated by this ongoing mystery. One individual, Australian computer scientist Craig Wright, has repeatedly claimed to be Satoshi Nakamoto since 2016. However, these claims have lacked any substantial evidence. In a recent lawsuit brought by the Crypto Open Patent Alliance (COPA) against Wright, a judge ultimately ruled that Wright failed to present any credible proof to support his assertions [1].

The court ruling aimed to resolve the controversy between the Bitcoin community and Craig Wright. Following the ruling, the price of Bitcoin Satoshi Vision (BSV) fell by 17% [2]. Some argue this drop reflects a belief that Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin, envisioned a greater future for the Bitcoin than what the Bitcoin whitepaper outlines. This view is supported by recently revealed emails between Satoshi and Sirius [3]. BSV is a token built on a foundation of false promises.

There's another point to consider. Craig Wright's claims of being Satoshi Nakamoto have been around for a few years now. Has this impacted Bitcoin's value? No. And what if the court rules in Wright's favor? Will it affect how we hold, use, or trade Bitcoin? The answer remains the same: No.

As a huge Bitcoin enthusiast and admirer of Satoshi Nakamoto, I firmly believe Satoshi deserves anonymity. It's clear Satoshi intended this to safeguard Bitcoin's decentralized nature. Craig Wright's constant efforts to prove his identity go against this core principle. True potential Satoshi candidates like Dorian Nakamoto, Hal Finney, and Nick Szabo have consistently denied the claims, while those seeking notoriety resort to such impersonations.

Bitcoin's value isn't tied to its creator, but rather to its robust features: a massive, decentralized network (over 50,000 nodes strong!), a highly secure proof-of-work protocol, freedom from financial institutions, and broad popularity among internet users. As long as these advantages persist, Bitcoin will remain valuable.

Think about it -  we use Google without knowing its founders, smartphones without knowing their inventors, and electricity without remembering its pioneer. These technologies thrived because they addressed real needs, not because of a single person. Bitcoin is no different. My belief in BTC's value as a store of wealth stems from its potential, not the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto.

Satoshi's anonymity could be interpreted as an empowering act. It places the focus on us, the users, rather than a single individual. This suggests that Satoshi might view the Bitcoin community, the people who use and promote it, as the true driving force behind the Bitcoin, even more important than the creator.

References:
[1] UK court rules Craig Wright not Nakamoto, ending long-standing drama
[2] Satoshi’s Vision down 17% against Bitcoin after Craig Wright verdict
[3] Satoshi - Sirius emails 2009-2011
Pages:
Jump to: