Pages:
Author

Topic: Between new tokens and old tokens, which would you invest into? - page 6. (Read 1280 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
The bull market is approaching and after that, the altcoin season will start as it has done in other bullish time for the market. Everyone has to be planning for what they'll buying in preparation for the bull run therefore I have a question for everyone. What altcoins will you be buying in preparation for the altcoin season if you only have limited option to choose between investing in old tokens, projects that were launched before or during last bull market or tokens that were launched between last year, this year and the next year. Let assume you only have $1000 and you can put this money in 1-5 projects but they all have to be either old tokens or new tokens that you'll be buying. Which one will you go for, for those that will think they can choose the two type of projects, that won't be possible. I'm trying to see where the attention of investors go when selecting tokens to invest into for the altcoin season.

When it comes to investing in cryptocurrencies, whether to opt for new tokens or old tokens is a decision that requires careful consideration and analysis.

Old tokens, particularly those that have weathered previous market cycles, may offer a sense of stability and proven track record. These projects have already established a community, demonstrated utility, and potentially weathered market volatility. However, it's essential to conduct thorough research to ensure that these projects still hold promise for future growth and development.

On the other hand, investing in new tokens can offer exciting opportunities for early adoption and potential high returns. These projects may represent innovative ideas and disruptive technologies, but they also come with higher risks due to their unproven track record and uncertainty surrounding their viability.

Ultimately, the decision between old tokens and new tokens depends on individual risk tolerance, investment goals, and research. With a limited budget of $1000, it's crucial to diversify and allocate funds wisely across projects that align with your investment strategy and vision for the future of the crypto market.

Remember to conduct thorough due diligence, stay informed about market trends, and consider seeking advice from reputable sources before making any investment decisions.

Best of luck with your investments!
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I prefer old tokens that have proven their worth in the market because at the current market condition and with so many shit coins it's hard for a new token to get the attention of investors, it has to offer something revolutionary and the usability should be of the token reach the majority of the community for investors to look and invest on that new token.

New tokens nowadays are just trending projects they follow what's trending added new features and voila they claim they have something better to offer to the community, old tokens especially if the roadmap is completed always get the trust of investors.
Activity: 616
Merit: 749
There is nothing wrong in choosing both old and new tokens for investment depending on the information you have got as a result of your research, as some members has suggested, there are old tokens that have been around for sometime but has still been very down due to the current market situation, as a good investor you can invest in the old token and take the risk in some of the new tokens which can as well give you ×4 or 3 of your investment depending on the total amount you choose to put in.

You're correct but I'll go for new tokens, new tokens are more trending, they'll be the tokens that Investors will be hyping and the new investors will be researching on to invest. The new tokens can give big profits as they are new and haven't had any bad publicity about them. The new tokens will also be listing on top exchanges due to they'll have money as they're still new and just launched. Some old tokens are good projects and will do well but I'll trust the new tokens to do better.

Old tokens are also good to invest into them but not all the old tokens, some of the old tokens are already dead and they won't give investors good profits. Investing is a personal decision, every individuals should do research and only invest into the tokens that they believe will give them profits as both old tokens or new tokens can give investors big profits. Profits depends on the project and not when they were created.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
To buy something old token you must understand what it will look like. You have to take action according to what you actually do. We thought of a great idea for you. To buy old token you need to follow their previous tokens history. What is the status of their project? Will they come to the market with a good opportunity and do business and leave again or are they working with long-term thinking. Follow their tokens on social media and see how active they are and how they plan to move forward with their next plans. If everything checks out fine then I think old token buy. Before investing in old tokens, you must invest carefully.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
The bull market is approaching and after that, the altcoin season will start as it has done in other bullish time for the market. Everyone has to be planning for what they'll buying in preparation for the bull run therefore I have a question for everyone. What altcoins will you be buying in preparation for the altcoin season if you only have limited option to choose between investing in old tokens, projects that were launched before or during last bull market or tokens that were launched between last year, this year and the next year. Let assume you only have $1000 and you can put this money in 1-5 projects but they all have to be either old tokens or new tokens that you'll be buying. Which one will you go for, for those that will think they can choose the two type of projects, that won't be possible. I'm trying to see where the attention of investors go when selecting tokens to invest into for the altcoin season.

New tokens because usually when the market becomes bullish the trending projects has higher chance to grow than the one that is existing for over a year but there can be always an exception but here if we look only between either the new or old then it will be new but the project I will invest need to have community support.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
There is nothing wrong in choosing both old and new tokens for investment depending on the information you have got as a result of your research, as some members has suggested, there are old tokens that have been around for sometime but has still been very down due to the current market situation, as a good investor you can invest in the old token and take the risk in some of the new tokens which can as well give you ×4 or 3 of your investment depending on the total amount you choose to put in.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
For any major crypto, it is obviously an old token because most of their tokens are in circulation and have proven their usefulness in the industry. For low coin, I want to test some new projects with new narratives which can be a potential gem for the long run. Maybe i will pick one 100X gem from the market in the process. Though new project are bit risky to invest because it is possible that they failed to deliver their idea for the project being so complicated.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
In fact I have both in my portfolio. But if I have to follow the choice between the old coin and the new coin and if I have to make a choice right now. So I will choose old coins that have been listed for at least 1 year. Because for me, those who have been around for a long time have seen where their lowest point is and where their hype can go. we already have the big picture about it. Meanwhile, with new coins, sometimes we don't know how far they can go up and where they can go down. So the risk is said to be much greater than with old coins.
We often consider a token (old or new) worth investing in if we know which exchanges it was listed. Usually, we choose from a reputable exchange and it is a challenging part that most new projects don't get a chance there but end up listing to unknown and not trusted exchanges. A reason why most investors consider old tokens is not only because of their market price but also because they already established support from the community which likely be our assurance for the project to stay long and profitable.

Whether it is old or new, importantly we know how to determine a legit project. Research is still necessary to have at least a secured investment.
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
Blackjack.fun
In fact I have both in my portfolio. But if I have to follow the choice between the old coin and the new coin and if I have to make a choice right now. So I will choose old coins that have been listed for at least 1 year. Because for me, those who have been around for a long time have seen where their lowest point is and where their hype can go. we already have the big picture about it. Meanwhile, with new coins, sometimes we don't know how far they can go up and where they can go down. So the risk is said to be much greater than with old coins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 84
personally, I would invest in legacy tokens. You explained that the bull run is coming, and I feel that right now I can't make any wrong investment choices. The advantage of investing in new tokens is that the potential profits can be very high. However, I would probably avoid big risks, because targeting high profits definitely has big risks. Because of this, I will choose old tokens, or old coins that have great potential when the bull run occurs.
The world is changing, so are we in the market, we just hope to see ourselves on the winning side. We're grownups, 10 years ago, we love doing something and today,  we found ourselves no longer interested in doing it, we just have to mellow down and endure the whole phase because it will pass and go. We're human beings and we have our choices, precise our choices differs in the market. I'm a big fan of the old projects because they always have their way of doing things, making their projects pumps heavily more than expected.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Which one will you go for, for those that will think they can choose the two type of projects, that won't be possible. I'm trying to see where the attention of investors go when selecting tokens to invest into for the altcoin season.
For me personally I'd go old tokens, the classic old tokens that have been alive for quite long time so you can actually gain something with your investment. But as for the suggestion, there is nothing to stop you to go both or choose one of the other. It just depends on what tokens you are trying to invest, because both tokens have same chance to make you lose money so either of those still needs you to do the research in order to minimize your risk.
Activity: 322
Merit: 166
Old tokens will be more promising during the bull runs since they’ve passed through all the market tribulations and still remain strong at the end of the day. With that potential showed by them, the risk of gambling my money into altcoin will be minimal. About new tokens, if there are some I can invest my money into, I will definitely do that also because I am a believer of less risk, less reward while more risk more chances of profit. I will buy some new tokens that looks promising also after doing some research about them, you never can tell which one can give you the required profit you aim for during the bull run.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Old stocks are even better for me but not all because many of them are worthless and scams.
But choosing what to invest matters in the project's usable case and market value, not because it is old or new tokens. The most important is that we see it transparency and market development which is our basis when choosing them.

There are tons of them, pretty hard to determine which among of them are good projects, sometimes we need to spend more time searching, if not the best one, at least the good one.
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
It all depends on the condition and what state I am. Sometimes investing in new project can be profitable than many of the old projects that had been in the market for long before now. Making money should not be stuff. We all should make decisions based on progressive nature of what we want in the market. There are investors that always like putting there funds in projects that had been in the market for a longer time because they are after their own safety mostly when investing for a linger time.
Activity: 661
Merit: 10
Chainjoes.com
If you want buy cheap price and received big profits from there then you should buying top altcoins like you get help from cmc top 1-15 number of altcoins list. If you are more interested in new projects then you can participate in ido. At this time most of the good new altcoins are entering the exchange market with ido.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 326
It does not depends on new or old coins but actually we will prefer coins with string base like that of bitcoin, ethereum, BNB, and matic etc. I think old coins are far better than new one but still there are some new coins which pump very quickly to attain a better position among altcoins.

You will have idea about old coins that they have a good reputation in crypto industry and will not make its holders disappointed. Old and New both are profitable but try to avoid scam project through proper research otherwise both new and old project can become a cause of weather creation for you.

Those tokens which are new and have not provide any profit to its holders yet are risky and those who try to invest in all new coins can take this risk otherwise wise People will not engage themselves in the investment of untested coins.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
I think I would prefer the old token.  Of course we know that the old token have gone through difficult times but can still survive.  This indicates that the token is highly supported to continue to survive.  New tokens may be good, but they have big risks.  many of the new tokens that come along lose their image after just a moment after realish. many have lost their developers and news about them is going to somewhere.  The new token also does not have a strong community to continue holding it.  perhaps because community trust is still low.

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

The best way forward is to diversify your investment even if you are heavily in favor of a coin.
I'm more bullish on utility coins. So I have a bigger investment on cheaper utility coins like Sui and Ton. But I also maintain a healthy balance of old ones like fantom, matic, solana and bnb.
Even though I'm not much bullish on bitcoin, I've recently add up some in order to keep stability in my portfolio.
I'm always looking for newer promising coins as I believe these coins are the ones that would yield x10 profit in next couple of years, sometimes adjusting while sometimes jumpin ships.
Activity: 153
Merit: 14
I always use two methods, so the story is like this, I will spend money from my trouser pocket to collect the top old altcoins and I do this in stages because it has to be with the right strategy, for example entering at the ideal point. then the second way I will do it is to collect new tokens, but not by buying, but by other means such as participating in events they organize or those we already know such as airdrops and bounty campaigns
The second way you are very often done for bounty hunters or airdrops like me sometimes do it, it's just that if we are not right to exchange it for money the risks that often occur are 1. Coin results will decrease in value 2. Coin cannot be exchanged and maybe a lot of things happen, but sometimes if we rush to sell / exchange it can be very important or unfortunate things that happen, such as valuable trash coins.
Activity: 119
Merit: 2

old tokens. the old ones that have been around through good and bad times because you can be assured they will not try to disappear in the bear market.

just thought you should know that there are tokens that launched their blockchain in the bull market but in the bear market they slowly die and then gone. website and social media disappear too. especially the DEFI projects, many of them are gone and only a few good ones survive the bad times.
As you said, most DEFI projects often disappear as if swallowed by the earth, but a really good project out of 1000 is only 1 that still survives in a difficult situation like yesterday.
But it is possible that if the project is lost and resurrected it will become a giant. That's the uniqueness of projects like DEFI but I don't think it's possible to make that happen.
Pages:
Jump to: